PDA

View Full Version : To Comprimise!

Vistravi
09-Feb-11, 22:30
My partner and i are car hunting atm for a cheap car to insure for me and for my partner to drive occassionally when he needs it. Problem is we both like different cars. I hate small cars such as corsas. I'd rather have a medium sized car as thats really all i've driven before. Last one was a omega estate.(To the men who say women can't park, i could get that car in any space! lol) My partner likes powerful ones and big ones and really hates french cars. I don't mind french cars at all :lol:

What i think is very funny is that when it comes to any car my partner prefers the older version where i prefer the newer version. Seems to be atm we are both looking at ones the other doesn't like [lol]

We'll pick one eventually :lol: Part of choosing a car for us is the fun we have finding one!

Is there something that you and your partner both have different ideas about but have fun finding a comprimise?

Dadie
09-Feb-11, 22:37
Look at the insurance prices...that might help make up your mind!
If its going to be your car, you should get the final say, afterall you are going to be driving it all the time!
You will need to concider the rear seats for the baby seats...ie does the baby seat you already have fit in the new car or will it need a different one!
Happy hunting!

Vistravi
09-Feb-11, 22:47
Aye defintly. Have got some quotes for some i've found and the price put me right of lol.
Trying to keep under 1.4 for engine size. Can get some nice medium size ones for that but the trick is to get my partner to agree as we'll both be driving it though primarily be me.
Our lad's child seat fits in quite alot of cars. My partner can get it in his spring car (Celica gt4) no bother in the back and i can get it in my mates new stlye corsa no bother in the back. As long as the seat isn't too much at an angle it seems to be fine. Much easier to get in most cars due to him being forward facing now. Lucky for us his car seat isn't too much of an issue! You'd think the issue would be something like that instead of what it is lol.

Phill
09-Feb-11, 23:51
My partner likes powerful ones and big ones....SPLUTTER...cough...:eek::eek::eek:

Oh cars, right, I see!

orkneycadian
10-Feb-11, 18:35
Sounds like it would be a lot easier to buy the car you want, then find a partner that likes it!

ducati
10-Feb-11, 18:43
Might be getting a bit old now but we had a 1.4 litre Rover 200 and it was a terrific car. 5 doors a good size and very sporty to drive. :D

ducati
10-Feb-11, 18:46
Oh right I just got the thread.:roll:

We are looking for a doggydog and are endlessly discussing with each other and our other dog what would be best. :lol:

Corrie 3
10-Feb-11, 21:20
What time does Tesco's open in the morning, does anyone know????

C3....:eek::roll:;)

Vistravi
10-Feb-11, 23:10
SPLUTTER...cough...

Oh cars, right, I see!

Ha ha lol

Sounds like it would be a lot easier to buy the car you want, then find a partner that likes it!

You might be onto something there lol.

Might be getting a bit old now but we had a 1.4 litre Rover 200 and it was a terrific car. 5 doors a good size and very sporty to drive. :D

My partner is quite keen on rovers actually. He's very keen to find a rover vitesse thats in good nick. He's had one before that was near the end of its life and is quite keen to find another. The vitesse is a car i quite like too. So if we did find one we have a car lol.

ducati
10-Feb-11, 23:29
My partner is quite keen on rovers actually. He's very keen to find a rover vitesse thats in good nick. He's had one before that was near the end of its life and is quite keen to find another. The vitesse is a car i quite like too. So if we did find one we have a car lol.

Might be worth contacting S & S Preparations in Ramsbottom http://www.ss-preparations.co.uk/ they will know if there are any about.