PDA

View Full Version : Well next week the kids are off school....

Dadie
08-Feb-11, 22:02
Just had a wee look in the whats on section....
Nothing really on thats suitable.
So does anyone actually know what times the swimming pools are open to the public to swim, its so annoying when you get everyone sorted to go and you then find out its not open to the public!
Dont mind which pool Wick or Thurso!
And if there is family swimming sessions on.
And if there is any mother and toddlers still running through the week?
And any other stuff on for the kids?

mumof2
08-Feb-11, 23:22
pool should be open from 9AM for public. i think it's adults only 8-9AM, should be able to swim pretty much whenever as there will obviously be no schools in! if you want to be sure just give them a ring 603711.

Carole
08-Feb-11, 23:29
Folks at the pools should be able to help :D

thurso.pool@highland.gov.uk tel no:01847 893260

wick.pool@highland.gov.uk tel: 01955 603711

Phill
08-Feb-11, 23:59
I'm gonna give my two an experience of school 50's & 60's style, bit of a retro type thing.
I'm gonna stand 'em in the corner lobbing blackboard rubbers at them whilst threatening them with bits of bamboo. Apparently it'll do wonders for their education.

Oops, maybe I'm getting me threads mixed up!

oldmarine
09-Feb-11, 00:38
Just had a wee look in the whats on section....
Nothing really on thats suitable.
So does anyone actually know what times the swimming pools are open to the public to swim, its so annoying when you get everyone sorted to go and you then find out its not open to the public!
Dont mind which pool Wick or Thurso!
And if there is family swimming sessions on.
And if there is any mother and toddlers still running through the week?
And any other stuff on for the kids?

My grandchildren are off school this week and with both parents working, guess who gets to pick them up and care for them?
Oh well, they are both good children and I enjoy them.

squidge
09-Feb-11, 01:34
Mine are spring cleaning!!!!! My 15 year olds bedroom is crawling out the door !!!!! Also Pictures and we have a mending weekend coming up for the group so 15 year old will need to pose for new costume and I will be busy sewing - by hand as my flaming machine is broken!!!!!

alanatkie
09-Feb-11, 09:46
Wick Swimming pool timetable here (http://www.highland.gov.uk/leisureandtourism/sportsfacilities/swimmingpools/wickpool.htm)

Thurso Swimming Pool timetable here (http://www.high-societies.org/details.asp?id=474)

Corrie 3
09-Feb-11, 10:18
I'm gonna give my two an experience of school 50's & 60's style, bit of a retro type thing.
I'm gonna stand 'em in the corner lobbing blackboard rubbers at them whilst threatening them with bits of bamboo. Apparently it'll do wonders for their education.

Oops, maybe I'm getting me threads mixed up!

It will certainly learn them some respect Phil......Dont forget the tawse and handwriting lessons done with real ink and a nib pen, very theraputic for them and much better than playing these silly computer games !!!....;)

C3......:roll::lol: