PDA

View Full Version : New oven

charley9
08-Feb-11, 13:32
I am getting a new range cooker delivered on Thurs and am looking for someone who is able to disconnect my old one, it is dual fuel, and connect the new one. All the fittings are there bit don't want to do it myself, would rather have someone qualified messing about with gas pipes.

pat
08-Feb-11, 15:17
get a qualified plumber, one with what was CORGI registgered - do not mess about with gas.

Had a new oven installed last week - ensure after it is fitted and before you start using it for cooking that you turn oven on to highest for a couple of hours, leave all windows open to get rid of all the fumes from the manufacturing. The acrid smell is horrendous, keep children and pets away too.

Hope you find someone to fit your cooker.

bekisman
08-Feb-11, 15:44
A number of months ago we had a Range Cooker; duel fuel 'Cannon 1000 DF 10456GF' put in, has a gas hob, electric ovens, had to be converted to LPG, done by Forss engineering: excellent job, we'd done most of the pipework , but final connection always do with a Gas Safe engineer http://www.forssengineering.co.uk/ I see you're in Wick, but they travel all over...

chickflick
08-Feb-11, 16:34
Another thumbs up here to forse engineering, very reliable!!