PDA

View Full Version : School consultation savings target £1.332 million !!!

Alice in Blunderland
08-Feb-11, 12:24
So we are currently being consulted by the lovely Caledonian Economics on the way forward for our schools. Continually we hear the words there are no schools being targeted we await the outcome of the survey. This is mainly an educational review not driven by finance we are being told.... :eek:

Folks are wary and indeed as you can see from the message board concerned at the severity and impact regarding the cuts being sought in Education.

If the views of the public are indeed being sought then I find it strange that in the latest papers due to be put in front of HC councillors at the next meeting a paper which clearly indicates a predicted saving in the year 2012/2013 of £1.332 million as a result of the schools Estate Review/Amalgamation programme.......... strange when the results of the OPEN AND ROBUST review have not even been finalised yet :roll:

Page seven in the link below

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/AD6BBBAD-A526-4629-BF24-92D4E37F60C4/0/Item3BookletB.pdf

(Thats after classrooom assistant cuts, management time cuts but before nursery teacher cuts !)

Nursery and Primary Education does seem to be taking a hammering.:~(

rob murray
09-Feb-11, 10:46
So we are currently being consulted by the lovely Caledonian Economics on the way forward for our schools. Continually we hear the words there are no schools being targeted we await the outcome of the survey. This is mainly an educational review not driven by finance we are being told.... :eek:

Folks are wary and indeed as you can see from the message board concerned at the severity and impact regarding the cuts being sought in Education.

If the views of the public are indeed being sought then I find it strange that in the latest papers due to be put in front of HC councillors at the next meeting a paper which clearly indicates a predicted saving in the year 2012/2013 of £1.332 million as a result of the schools Estate Review/Amalgamation programme.......... strange when the results of the OPEN AND ROBUST review have not even been finalised yet :roll:

Page seven in the link below

http://www.highland.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/AD6BBBAD-A526-4629-BF24-92D4E37F60C4/0/Item3BookletB.pdf

(Thats after classrooom assistant cuts, management time cuts but before nursery teacher cuts !)

Nursery and Primary Education does seem to be taking a hammering.:~(

Yep, democracy in action eh...false democracy...its like living in state run East Germany and little wonder people are becomming divorced from the political process ( as is )...time for real change ?

brandy
09-Feb-11, 11:03
not looking good, but we can only persevere.

Kodiak
09-Feb-11, 14:00
The only people who will be winners here will be Caledonian Economics as they are being paid £300,000.00 for this consultation.

Eilanboy
09-Feb-11, 15:55
Kodiak thing you will find that the amount you are quoting is what HC have set aside for the whole of the review not just for Caledonian Ecomomics they are just a small part of it.There will be a heck of a lot of other work to be carried out during the review period.

DMFB
10-Feb-11, 15:41
Its all a waste of more money when you see that they already know what money they are wanting to save which means they know where they want to cut but they have to pay someone else to do the job in case they goof it up and have it called in by the ministers.I wait to be proved wrong but where there is smoke ther is fire my good old mother used to say the word is already out from the mouths of some of the councillors one of which I spoke to in Inverness area which schools are under the radar.