PDA

View Full Version : Bt apologies over broadband

Chrisf1961
07-Feb-11, 16:56
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12383787

RecQuery
07-Feb-11, 21:38
LOL, yeah seems apologising is easier than actually fixing it permanently and improving their network, I recall them doing the same thing over the Edinburgh problem and everything still gets routed via that node.

I'd like to see them give proper reports: what causes the problem, why did it happen, what have we done to stop it happening in the future. Instead of their standard 'replaced linecard' that's BT's standard fault resolution, it usually means they were too lazy to type it up.

I think they and companies like them get away with that sort of thing because people don't know what to expect. It's easy to work out when you have a bad doctor or whatever. Also even the most basic monitoring system, even if they're just using plain SNMP it should be able to track speed, throughput etc and if they're actually telling the truth then they need to fire the people who setup the equipment and who monitor the network.

I realise I seem to be laying into BT pretty hard but this is just the latest in a long line of continuing screw ups.

Phill
07-Feb-11, 21:53
Oh, they said sorry. Well that's OK then. That makes me feel real good when I spend most evenings watching the little red LED light up on my router.

Red light on: forced to watch Westenders or other dire tosh on the tellybox.
Green light on: Oooh, ten minutes of downloading por ....educational articles about astrophysics.
Red light on: time to make another brew.

Gizmo
07-Feb-11, 22:53
Aplologising for a problem that they told most people didn't exist?. BT are an absolute shambles of a company.