PDA

View Full Version : cat-friendly dog or puppy wanted

ducati
07-Feb-11, 15:26
Tassy, our black/white Border collie girl died last week :( and our remaining dog, Kayli, (lab/collie/spaniel cross) is missing her as much as we are. We would like another dog and are not fussy about age/colour/size/gender/breed etc. The only two stipulations are that it must be good with other dogs and cat-safe, as we have 10 of them!:eek:
We have about an acre of land, both work from home and live close to Dunnet beach and forest. We only ever kennel our dogs if going away on our motorbikes (unless we get a sidecar like Wallace and Gromit I don’t think taking them with us would be practical), otherwise they come everywhere with us.
If you can help please pm (preferably with photos ,whether neutered/vaccinated and price/donation amount,). We will also be contacting KWK9/SSPCA etc , but thought we would give the "org" a go first as it has so far found us our home, a motorbike (thanks Charlie & Angie) and money earning opportunities for one of us.

Liz
07-Feb-11, 19:14
Oh I am so sorry for your loss.:~(

I know that KWK9 have some lovely dogs needing homes and they couldn't wish for a better home!

Sarah
07-Feb-11, 20:17
Quite a few dogs in the SSPCA centres...

Balmore - http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/dogs/centre/4_caithness-sutherland
Inverness - http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/category/dogs/centre/9_highlands-islands

They don't always update the website as they get dogs in, so there may be some suitable for you, if you give them a ring. It would be really great if you could give a rescue dog a home :)

Sorry for your loss fo Tassy :(

ducati
11-Feb-11, 23:27
Well, with luck we have found our new doggy. It cannot be soon enough for poor Kayli who is missing her sister terribly. I've attached a picture of Tassy at Auchengill in the summer.

Lona will be collecting the new arrival tomorrow night on the way back up from down south.

I'll post details and a pic once he has settle in a bit.

We'd really like to thank every one of you that have offered us wishes and advice and information and dogs and pups. :D

Thanks again

Ian & Lona

Liz
12-Feb-11, 14:09
Glad to hear that you have found a brother for Kayli and looking forward to 'meeting' him.
Hope it all goes well.

You will never forget, or replace, the beautiful Tassy but sure that getting another dog will help fill the gap that she has left and she will be keeping an eye on things! xx

dollycat
12-Feb-11, 22:25
What a beautiful dog Tassy was, sorry to hear the sad news about her

ducati
14-Feb-11, 17:37
Well Baz has arrived!

A 15 month old Bearded Collie cross. Kayli hates him :eek: but she is coming round.

We had them out on the beach together for the first time today and they didn't try to kill each other :D

Camera issues, so I'll put some pics on shortly.

Sarah
14-Feb-11, 19:36
Good to hear they are getting on now :)

Looking forward to photos!

Commore
14-Feb-11, 21:45
Well Baz has arrived!

A 15 month old Bearded Collie cross. Kayli hates him :eek: but she is coming round.

We had them out on the beach together for the first time today and they didn't try to kill each other :D

Camera issues, so I'll put some pics on shortly.

Just wanted to say, we are happy you have found a new companion for Kayli and we hope she comes to at least "like" Baz too.
Cannot hardly wait to see the pictures of Baz and Kayli taking a well earned stroll together.

ducati
18-Feb-11, 09:28
Baz thinks....frisbees are great innit?, footballs are great innit?, kittycats are great innit?, ropey pullythings are great innit?

Kayli thinks....Baz is a big daft galloot and needs sorting out and she's just the girl to do it GRRRR!

Kami thinks...look into my eyes, you are getting sleepy-I'm sure there used to be more room on this sofa!

mop top
18-Feb-11, 12:25
Lovely to see him settled in looks as if they will all be best of buds in no time :Razz

Liz
18-Feb-11, 14:28
Great photo and love the 'caption':lol:

Baz is gorgeous and sure Kayli will come to love him in time. Mind you it's good that they are lying together after such a short time.

Sarah
18-Feb-11, 18:46
What a brilliant photo :) he looks very happy!

Commore
18-Feb-11, 18:52
Lovely, just what Baz needs by the look at things, poor cat has his nose out of joint though.

ducati
22-Feb-11, 21:47
A bracing dip and mooching about :D (God knows what that is :confused)