PDA

View Full Version : Vista and Flashplayer

muffin
06-Feb-11, 10:33
I updated Flashplayer a few weeks back as requested by several websites and now it doesn't work at all. I have Windows Vista on my laptop and having Googled the problem it seems that I am not the only one.
I have tried various solutions from the web including deleting it and reloading it, trying to load an older version, changing some of the files and it still doesn't work.
Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it?
I find Vista is not at all user friendly, I don't understand why we need to have new versions of programmes all the time, if it aint broke don't fix it!

IT CAD Master
15-Feb-11, 10:04
Hi Muffin

Yes, I think lots of people have had this issue in the past, I have a few ways of sorting this problem out.

If you pm me with your email address I will forward you the files, then forward you some settings for you to change

Let me know

ICM

muffin
17-Feb-11, 12:49
I now have Flashplayer working thanks to IT CAD Master, it is so nice to be part of a community where people help each other.

dx100uk
18-Feb-11, 03:14
would be nice for other to know the fix though

all very well doing it off list but that helps no-one bar you..........

dx

muffin
18-Feb-11, 08:59
I don't think you have read the posts properly, IT CAD Master e-mailed me the files, how else could he do that but off list.
If any one else has the same problem I would willingly let them know how I did it.

RecQuery
18-Feb-11, 14:22
So instead of publishing a guide on the forum for other people with the same problem and providing a link to the files... It's like those forum posts that say 'Nevermind I fixed it'.

muffin
18-Feb-11, 15:10
I'm not that good at computing, I wouldn't know how to provide a link to the files.
The post about the problem has been there since the 6th of February and no-one yet has said they have the same problem.
I don't understand why so many people on the org are so negative.

Beat Bug
18-Feb-11, 15:18
Every now and then Flashplayer crashes. I've bookmarked the link, and just download it again. It's then all right for ages.