PDA

View Full Version : How do i cure footy depression?

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 09:53
My beloved team Preston North End are rock bottom of the league and got a right tonking at home yesterday and tbh at ten to 5 i was megga depressed...... how can i prepare myself for life in league 1!
Just wondering folks does any one else get affected by their teams loses?
Im away To Harmsworth to watch Wick the next home game .ive been saying i will pop down for a while ...i need to feed my missing of footy..

Corrie 3
06-Feb-11, 10:04
Only one cure..............start supporting Manchester Utd, you will always be onto a winner then!!!

C3....:roll:;)

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 10:09
thatsa a point lol....though not yesterday eh

orkneycadian
06-Feb-11, 10:51
You could always apply to become a moderator on this site. The entertainment you will have moving postings to the appropriate sections (football to the Sport section for example), will keep your mind off the depression.

Munro
06-Feb-11, 11:00
You think you are having it bad, try being a Pompey supporter like me, I am preparing for life in Div 1 also and to make it worse we could pass Saints
as they go up. We are the victims of a little known Middle East skirmish

billmoseley
06-Feb-11, 11:12
well i know how you feel i was a Burnley supporter before moving up watched from afar as they fell down. i'm sorry but they could be the only team in the league and i couldn't support man utd. i have taken to following the fortunes of inverness of late and hope to get down to an odd game or 2

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 11:47
You could always apply to become a moderator on this site. The entertainment you will have moving postings to the appropriate sections (football to the Sport section for example), will keep your mind off the depression.

Yer becomin very sarky recently cadian !

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 11:48
You think you are having it bad, try being a Pompey supporter like me, I am preparing for life in Div 1 also and to make it worse we could pass Saints
as they go up. We are the victims of a little known Middle East skirmish

Aye Pompey have had it bad havent they well the supporters def have cant see you being relegated at all now North Ends a different kettle of fish ...to coin a Fraser phrase in Dads Army ...WERE DOOMED!

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 11:54
A little story for you Munro back in 1976 i went with the North End to Fratton Park where i weas chased off the terraces as the Pompey fans invaded the pitch after Alex Bruce scored his 2nd goal ,Pne won 2-0 and i think Pompey got relegated ,i hid behind a burger trolley which was doing it rounds across the front of the dugouts around the pitch and one Mr Nobby Stiles our manager at the time told me to get back on the terraces ! Now i idolised Nobby but told him You get back on there ! lol Happy Days !

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 11:55
well i know how you feel i was a Burnley supporter before moving up watched from afar as they fell down. i'm sorry but they could be the only team in the league and i couldn't support man utd. i have taken to following the fortunes of inverness of late and hope to get down to an odd game or 2

Had many happy visits to Turf Moor Bill dont remind me of this seasons score there or the Freightrover thingy cup game at Deepdale in the 80s or i will be chuckin me sen of Dunnet Head !

orkneycadian
06-Feb-11, 11:59
Yer becomin very sarky recently cadian !

I have not, I'll have you know! - I've always been like this!! ;)

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 12:01
Aye one can tell! Any how im away to get me bacon butty ill leave thee to tha home brew !

billmoseley
06-Feb-11, 15:48
Had many happy visits to Turf Moor Bill dont remind me of this seasons score there or the Freightrover thingy cup game at Deepdale in the 80s or i will be chuckin me sen of Dunnet Head !

Head to head
Burnley
v
Preston

Burnley v Preston
BURNLEY WINS DRAWS PRESTON WINS
League 46 26 51
Cup 1 0 1
League Cup 2 0 0
Total 49 26 52
seem pretty even over all so no need to be jumping just yet

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 19:03
mmm think iod better not ...well just not yet Bill seems a long way down!

fender
06-Feb-11, 20:25
My beloved team Preston North End are rock bottom of the league and got a right tonking at home yesterday and tbh at ten to 5 i was megga depressed...... how can i prepare myself for life in league 1!
Just wondering folks does any one else get affected by their teams loses?
Im away To Harmsworth to watch Wick the next home game .ive been saying i will pop down for a while ...i need to feed my missing of footy..

This Saturday Inverurie Locos visit the Harmsworth. You will be very welcome in the South Stand. If its any consolation we play in black and white as well so you can bring your PNE scarf.

Chrisf1961
06-Feb-11, 20:44
Thanks fender i will try and get there, btw whats the admission ? i went past the other home game and wondered where do you pay to go in?
ps North End play in blue n white

fender
07-Feb-11, 07:44
Entrance is £6. There are 2 entrances. Across from Lidls on South Road and at the top of Harrow Hill across from Kennedy.

Chrisf1961
07-Feb-11, 11:47
Thanks Fender hopefully pop down there Saturday if i dont spend up in Lidl ! Have a tendancy to buy the odd non food item in there .......

fender
13-Feb-11, 12:10
Did you make the game yesterday if not you missed a cracker.
If you did what were your thoughts?

shazzap
13-Feb-11, 12:16
I have not, I'll have you know! - I've always been like this!! ;)

I'll vouch for that.