PDA

View Full Version : Gander Mubarack

Errogie
04-Feb-11, 22:15
This morning when I let the geese out of their quarters one of the ganders was making the usual racket and it sounded like "Mubarack, Mubarack" so I guess that's going to be his name from now on. The other one is called Hitler as I usually name them after tryrannical dictators. Male geese exhibit the worst aspects of human behaviour - They are bullies and cowards and seem to enjoy beating up or killing other poultry.

How do Orgers name their pets or livestock?

northener
04-Feb-11, 22:44
This morning when I let the geese out of their quarters one of the ganders was making the usual racket and it sounded like "Mubarack, Mubarack" so I guess that's going to be his name from now on. The other one is called Hitler as I usually name them after tryrannical dictators. Male geese exhibit the worst aspects of human behaviour - They are bullies and cowards and seem to enjoy beating up or killing other poultry.

How do Orgers name their pets or livestock?

I had two ferrets, one called Otto and the other one was called Hitler. But my dad drew the line at me calling our dog Ronnie Hatstand:(

canadagirl
05-Feb-11, 02:51
We name them based on what suits them, the funniest thing is when I put a plate of steaks on the table and someone pipes up "Is this Carmen or Holly?" .....

ducati
05-Feb-11, 08:28
I always like the 'pair' scenario.

When one inevitably outlives the other and you end up with names like Pinky and Squeek or Laurel and Ernie....