PDA

View Full Version : *grins* whos all preggers?

brandy
23-Aug-06, 22:37
okies have noticed a few peeps are expecting?
was just wondering how many of us there are on the org thats having a baby?
im working on mumber 3.. *laughs*
im due the begining of march.. i get my dating scan on tues so will know better then!!!
and they say pop. is at an all time low in scotland!!!
hurray for baby bumps!

crystal
23-Aug-06, 23:44
congrats to u! i hope u get what u want :)

Buttercup
24-Aug-06, 00:49
Congratulations ~ hope everything goes well.

Kingetter
24-Aug-06, 01:16
Hope I'm not! I do get sick in the morning occasionally.

brandy
24-Aug-06, 08:48
thanks you all for the kind wishes *grins*

golach
24-Aug-06, 09:35
Is it the air up there that does it? Congrats to all, hope you all have a easy pregnacy

mccaugm
24-Aug-06, 09:43
I joined the late baby club almost 2 years ago.I have two children in High School and one in nappies. When I lived in Invergordon a few of my friends had done the same...semi-grown up kids then a new baby many years later. Have to say having a large gap is great, I would recommend it.A friend I made after I moved here had done exactly the same thing. Her children are identical in age to my 3. Another friend had 3 children and then years later a little surprise baby. Anyone else found themselves in this situation?

Sara
24-Aug-06, 10:00
Congrats Brandy! We're expecting #4 in November so no low population issues in this household! LOL!

Elenna
24-Aug-06, 10:21
Many congratulations, Brandy!...and Sara...and Coghill...and any other lovely ladies who are expecting (I can't recall who else from the other thread said they were).

My sympathies with you all for the morning sickness and other little pregnancy downsides...I've been there, done that x 6 :roll:...but also my heart-felt celebrations for the joys! Best wishes to each of you that all goes well.

Ojibwa
24-Aug-06, 13:05
Congratulations Brandy! You're gonna be a busy lady with 3 little ones, lots of fun as well. To all the other expecting mums, congratulations too.:)

funky-dunky
25-Aug-06, 11:12
okies have noticed a few peeps are expecting?
was just wondering how many of us there are on the org thats having a baby?
im working on mumber 3.. *laughs*
im due the begining of march.. i get my dating scan on tues so will know better then!!!
and they say pop. is at an all time low in scotland!!!
hurray for baby bumps!

Hi Brandy, i am due on the 20th march with twins, but i think they will take me in before then, so i could have them the same day as u :lol:

I thought i was having 1, til tuesday afternoon, i got my 1st dating scan and OMG ,what a shock when they told me it was 2

No twins on any sides of the family so i never thought in a million years it would ever happen to me

So it just goes to show!!

Me and dad over the moon :Razz

nicnak
25-Aug-06, 22:02
Congratulations to all the ladies who are expecting - There is nothing as wonderful as a new baby!

Julia
26-Aug-06, 14:54
Congrats to all other expectant mums, I'm pregnant too and my baby is due on Dec 12th :D

WeeBurd
26-Aug-06, 22:08
I'm jealous, I miss my baby-bumps, even though I complained like heck towards the end of both my pregnancies! Anyone else like that?

mccaugm
26-Aug-06, 22:35
I'm jealous, I miss my baby-bumps, even though I complained like heck towards the end of both my pregnancies! Anyone else like that?

Know what you mean, nowhere to sit your coffee cup once the baby arrived....I am terminally broody but its OK the lassie across the road is due next week so I can fawn over "him" (I am certain shes having a boy) to my hearts content.

newpark
30-Aug-06, 11:44
Congratulations to all pregnant ladies. Hope all goes well for all of you.
I have a new nephew and my cousin is due at xmas so I will get plenty baby cuddles.

las123
03-Sep-06, 10:36
Congrats to all, i hope you are all having a easy time. i am also preg with number 2. due in feb. all going well so far. my son kisses my belly all the time, it is really sweet. his name for the baby is .. wait for it.... bananas - hahaha

connieb19
03-Sep-06, 10:41
Congrats to all, i hope you are all having a easy time. i am also preg with number 2. due in feb. all going well so far. my son kisses my belly all the time, it is really sweet. his name for the baby is .. wait for it.... bananas - hahaha
Bananas is a cool name, similar to Apples and Peaches.lol:eek:

Alice in Blunderland
03-Sep-06, 11:27
Congrats all the pregnant girls out there wish it was me I loved being pregnant.Love kids thats why Ive got so many of them but DVT last time round has curbed any thoughts of more.If you need any one to come and cuddle them and help out Im ready willing and more than able.My oldest is fifteen and range in age down to four and agree the age gap is brill older kids help out with younger kids were all just one big happy family.

sharon
03-Sep-06, 11:55
congratulations to all you ladies expecting a baby or two!!! i loved being preggers and love kids thats why i had 4 off them little darlings, but we are now starting the teenager stage !!and omg what a nightmare!!

_awayoflife_
04-Sep-06, 02:27
congrats to all! im due on 30th of december! so think new year and christmas will be put on hold for a long while =P

newpark
09-Jan-07, 12:48
Thought I would bump this up again to see who else is pregnant and if any of the above ladies have had the babies yet? Funky Dunky I noticed on a previous thread you were going to Raigmore to have your twins do you have a date yet. Good luck to you all and congrats to all that have had theirs x

DarkAngel
09-Jan-07, 17:03
Oh Im soooo jelous of all you pregnant ladies with your lovely bumps..I was pregnant last year and i had a little boy who is now nearly 7 months!! Anyway he was my 1st baby and i loved every min of bein pregnant, I didnt have any morning sickness and i said the whole way through my pregnancy until the labour bit...awfull 3 day labour which ended in C-section...Awfull!!!

funky-dunky
09-Jan-07, 17:19
hiya i am pregnant with twins am 30 weeks pregnant not meant to be due untill 15th march but i am getting done in feb around the 19th lol. god i hate having a bump well i do love it but i hate all the illness you get from it is annoying me lol. like depression, itching, headaches, soreness, uncomfy, restless nights and peeing alot can anyone back me up lol.

I hope everyone that is pregnant is doing fine and the bumps lol.

sorry i just relised my mum must have already put a bit on for me sorry.

brandy
09-Jan-07, 19:26
just got back from the dr. in raigmore.
im 31+3 but baby is meaduring 35+5
so have to go back in two weeks for another scan and figure out a date to have my section!
i make em big!

ett23
28-Jan-07, 21:45
So has anybody had their baby since this thread was started? What did you get and how big? And how's the sleep going at night?!!!
I have a friend in Bower pregnant and due 21 Feb with baby no 1. It'll be a big shock - first one always is!!!:lol:
Been there twice and had the sleep deprivation too. Two's enough!:confused

DarkAngel
28-Jan-07, 22:51
Lucky for me then my baby boy has slept all night since he was born...Few nites when teething he was up for a bottle but for me id have another one tomorrow as its a really easy job...Best job in the world! Pity you dont get paid enuff!! lol![lol]

_awayoflife_
29-Jan-07, 16:18
well i was due on the 30th of december but our daughter decided that she wasnt ready to come even after them tryin to start me off two days befor but finally was born on the 11th january =) and i only went threw 2 and a half hours of pain and she was born lol =) easy!!

DarkAngel
29-Jan-07, 22:50
and i only went threw 2 and a half hours of pain and she was born lol =) easy!!

Lucky!! I got induced and 3 days later after 3 failed inductions my little baby arrived by section! :roll:

henry20
30-Jan-07, 08:59
I joined the late baby club almost 2 years ago.I have two children in High School and one in nappies. When I lived in Invergordon a few of my friends had done the same...semi-grown up kids then a new baby many years later. Have to say having a large gap is great, I would recommend it.A friend I made after I moved here had done exactly the same thing. Her children are identical in age to my 3. Another friend had 3 children and then years later a little surprise baby. Anyone else found themselves in this situation?

My mum did the same thing - although she had planned having 2, then a gap followed by 2 more, but due to complications when carrying me she decided not to have a fourth. I'm sorry to say, but I hated being so much younger as I felt left out - the 2 older ones had each other and I had no-one. I guess living in the country added to this as there were so few kids in the area. At times I felt like an only child :(

emszxr
30-Jan-07, 09:21
My mum did the same thing - although she had planned having 2, then a gap followed by 2 more, but due to complications when carrying me she decided not to have a fourth. I'm sorry to say, but I hated being so much younger as I felt left out - the 2 older ones had each other and I had no-one. I guess living in the country added to this as there were so few kids in the area. At times I felt like an only child :(

ill be your sister

ett23
30-Jan-07, 23:15
well i was due on the 30th of december but our daughter decided that she wasnt ready to come even after them tryin to start me off two days befor but finally was born on the 11th january =) and i only went threw 2 and a half hours of pain and she was born lol =) easy!!
So how big was your baby and was it a girl or boy?:)
Are u getting any sleep?!!:confused

brandy
30-Jan-07, 23:46
a bit of an update!
not long now.. even though im only 34 weeks...
have been having braxton hicks left right and center..
had them for 5 hours last night.. ended up at the hospital to be checked out..
the powers that be. have decided.. just to be on the safe side to give me steroid injections to get the babys lungs developed.. cause with the baby being full term in size.. and all the braxton hicks.. looks like my body is getting ready for the big game! *grins*
as they dont want met o go into labour.. but just in case.. better to have baby ready for teh outside world as best we can!
im off to raigmore next week.. and from what i understand im going in for teh duration *gulp* dont know if i should look at it as a punishment or a vacation.. on one hand.. here i am in hospital stuck until baby gets here on my own.. on the other hand here i am.. no kids no hubby tv to myself.. all my meals made for me.. no one screaming mommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee every five sec.
so dont know quite how to look at it! *winks*
but all in all will just be sooooo glad when baby is here! *healthy and happy*
as im soooooooo massive and huge! as any of you that have seen me out and about have prob. saw my belly long before you saw me!
oh well kids are crying not wanting to settle so im up to break it up and be bad mommy and force them back to bed!

the charlatans
31-Jan-07, 00:59
All the best Brandy

hope you get some time to relax before the big event.

Hope it all goes well and make sure hubby posts to let us know when baby Brandy pops out safe and well.

take care
love
Charlatans

emszxr
31-Jan-07, 09:21
a bit of an update!
not long now.. even though im only 34 weeks...
have been having braxton hicks left right and center..
had them for 5 hours last night.. ended up at the hospital to be checked out..
the powers that be. have decided.. just to be on the safe side to give me steroid injections to get the babys lungs developed.. cause with the baby being full term in size.. and all the braxton hicks.. looks like my body is getting ready for the big game! *grins*
as they dont want met o go into labour.. but just in case.. better to have baby ready for teh outside world as best we can!
im off to raigmore next week.. and from what i understand im going in for teh duration *gulp* dont know if i should look at it as a punishment or a vacation.. on one hand.. here i am in hospital stuck until baby gets here on my own.. on the other hand here i am.. no kids no hubby tv to myself.. all my meals made for me.. no one screaming mommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeee every five sec.
so dont know quite how to look at it! *winks*
but all in all will just be sooooo glad when baby is here! *healthy and happy*
as im soooooooo massive and huge! as any of you that have seen me out and about have prob. saw my belly long before you saw me!
oh well kids are crying not wanting to settle so im up to break it up and be bad mommy and force them back to bed!

i would get some food parcels delivered if your expecting to get enough food to live on in hospital. the portions are tiny. sort of sizes i would serve to my 2 year old. and the individual tv's beside the beds, you now have to pay for.

_awayoflife_
31-Jan-07, 18:24
So how big was your baby and was it a girl or boy?:)
Are u getting any sleep?!!:confused

baby girl weighing 7lb 5oz bailey isabelle fletcher
sleep? whats that again lol =P

i was induced twice never did anything,wasnt dilated at all then waters broke and i was fully dilated in an hour or two lol easy!! lol

ett23
31-Jan-07, 21:01
baby girl weighing 7lb 5oz bailey isabelle fletcher
sleep? whats that again lol =P

Aww, that's lovely. My last baby was 7lb 10oz, which was a lovely weight, compared to the 9lb whopper I had first time round!
Hope the sleep gets better soon. Take naps during the day when you can!!!:D

DarkAngel
31-Jan-07, 21:12
Wow 9lb is a whoooooooper indeed..Poor you. Would be scared going back for a second..Thankfully my wee boy was only 6lb!! [lol]

emszxr
31-Jan-07, 21:14
my first was 8lb 5 and my 2nd born june 2006 was 9lb 2

catjane
02-Feb-07, 16:23
I have 2 children and both weighed in at exactly the same weight - 9lb 6oz!!First one was 10 days late and born with the assistance of forceps and the 2nd one 8 days early and was born by c-section.

Good luck to Brandy!!

DarkAngel
02-Feb-07, 16:53
my first was 8lb 5 and my 2nd born june 2006 was 9lb 2

My little one was also born in June 2006..Could we have been in the hospital together and not know it..lol!!

ett23
02-Feb-07, 20:37
Wow 9lb is a whoooooooper indeed..Poor you. Would be scared going back for a second..Thankfully my wee boy was only 6lb!! [lol]
If you think 9lb is a whopper my little brother weighed 11lb 4oz and nearly killed my mum. He got completely stuck on the way out, and there was no way of getting him out cos there was no room for forceps or ventouse, so they had to pull him out with their hands somehow. And he had to be resuscitated for 20mins before he breathed after being born. Scary! He was so big he looked like a 3month old baby, not a new born!!!:lol:

Angela
02-Feb-07, 20:42
If you think 9lb is a whopper my little brother weighed 11lb 4oz and nearly killed my mum.
Scary! He was so big he looked like a 3month old baby, not a new born!!!:lol:

Ooooooh! :eek:

My heaviest baby was just under 8lbs, quite big enough for my liking!

Your mum didn't have any more babies after your brother did she?

ett23
02-Feb-07, 20:48
No, needless to say he was the last! My mum thinks the doctors got her due date wrong. She thought it was September - they said October. And she was 2 weeks over their date, and ended up being induced. So according to my mum my brother was 6 weeks over due!!! Ouch!:lol:

emszxr
02-Feb-07, 20:51
My little one was also born in June 2006..Could we have been in the hospital together and not know it..lol!!

i had my wee one in raigmore by emergency c section on the 19th

ett23
02-Feb-07, 20:54
My last one was born Sept 2006 in Raigmore. I was induced (again) but she was born naturally this time - no forceps!:roll:

rockchick
02-Feb-07, 20:54
My niece had a heck of an experience...she gave birth to a 10lb 2oz baby, after 36 hours of labour...they couldn't give her ANY anesthetic, as she's allergic, and doesn't wake up after general anesthetic. ouch!

ett23
02-Feb-07, 20:59
My niece had a heck of an experience...she gave birth to a 10lb 2oz baby, after 36 hours of labour...they couldn't give her ANY anesthetic, as she's allergic, and doesn't wake up after general anesthetic. ouch!
No way! Just the thought makes my eyes water!![lol] I know in Italy they don't believe in pain relief at all in child birth and my friend's daughter was left for hours to labour by herself in an Italian hospital. With her second child she came back to Scotland to give birth - wise decision!;)

rockchick
02-Feb-07, 21:06
No way! Just the thought makes my eyes water!![lol] I know in Italy they don't believe in pain relief at all in child birth and my friend's daughter was left for hours to labour by herself in an Italian hospital. With her second child she came back to Scotland to give birth - wise decision!;)
It's true, unfortunately. She'd had an operation when she was wee...it may have been tonsil removal...and she almost didn't wake up from that, and from there it was determined that she shouldn't have anesthetic. Fast forward to childbirth, and a big baby...ouch...but she survived...which, I suppose is the main thing...

ett23
02-Feb-07, 21:14
Does she fancy having anymore?:)

Woolie
02-Feb-07, 21:45
I had my last one when my twp were 13 and 15 hes 10 now.

brandy
02-Feb-07, 22:05
all mine are huge.. so got that under control no worries about that *G*
heres a pic took tonight of belly at almost 35 weeks! *G*