PDA

View Full Version : Remedies For Morning Sickness

COGHILL
23-Aug-06, 21:32
Does anyone know of some remedies for morning sickness that they know works?

htwood
23-Aug-06, 21:36
try some plain biscuits or white bread, just a few bites first thing in the morning and a few nibbles throughout the morning. Time is the only real help.

i suppose everyone is different tho, plus every pregnancy is different.

star
23-Aug-06, 21:37
Ginger is meant to be good in preventing nausea but to be honest with you nothing really seemed to help me, I did read somewhere that Vitamin B is meant to be good but I would check with your doctor first before taking any extra vitamins. I do sympathise it's awful having morning sickness.

newpark
23-Aug-06, 21:38
A couple of Ginger snaps as soon as you get up, or anytHing with Ginger in it.

WeeBurd
23-Aug-06, 21:40
Shreddies for brekfast (or lunch, or dinner...) work a treat - with or without milk.

pultneytooner
23-Aug-06, 21:46
Heard that sunseeds are good for it.;)

Murchiemannie
23-Aug-06, 21:47
dry toast and a cup of tea or coffee before you get out of bed sometimes does the trick.
Just try to take it easy first thing in the morning and good luck on your pregnacy.

taylor.4
23-Aug-06, 21:48
Shreddies for brekfast (or lunch, or dinner...) work a treat - with or without milk.They worked for me without milk, also i found a dry piece of toast did the trick, but everybody's different, hope it doesn't last too long.:roll:

snowqueen
23-Aug-06, 21:51
Travel wrist bands,they worked a treat in my last 2 pregnancys, used to wear them 24hrs a day!!!! With my other 3 i couldnt keep anything down and when travelling in the car it was terrible.I would give these a go you have nothing to lose!!!

Woolie
23-Aug-06, 22:00
Dry toast worked for me.;)

nicnak
23-Aug-06, 22:03
Ginger biscuits with pieces of real ginger in them worked a treat for me.
Good luck and hope the sickness ends soon.

COGHILL
23-Aug-06, 22:04
Has Anyone Tried Any Herbal Remedies Morning Sickness?

nicnak
23-Aug-06, 22:11
Hi herbal remedies are generally great but some can be a bit dodgy if your thinking of using any in particular its best to check them out with your doctor first.

wings
23-Aug-06, 22:24
There was nothing on this earth that could help me with the morning sickness i had! nothing! its was a nightmare to be honest, i really hope you are not as bad as i was Coghill. For about a month and half i was sick every day umpteen times! God i thought it was never going to pass!! There was 2 weeks i couldnt get out of the bed!

Smells of things like washing powder and fabric conditioner were bad for me.. Even a certain handsoap that made me sick when i was pregnant could still make me sick now!!

How bad is your sickness?

The doctor did prescribe me at a Push anti sickness tablets..
But there was no point in me taking them as i had nothing in my gut i would just be sick even worse! vicious circle!!

COGHILL
23-Aug-06, 22:29
sickness ranges from 3 times till 10 times a day, When did your sickness stop?

engiebenjy
23-Aug-06, 22:30
A couple of Ginger snaps as soon as you get up, or anytHing with Ginger in it.
Worked for me!

Tristan
23-Aug-06, 22:48
Try Ginger ale (Canada dry) is a good one. Don't know how it will do for morning sickness, but it is great for an upset tummy.
Hint: stir it a bit to take out some of the bubbles.

canuck
24-Aug-06, 00:41
Try Ginger ale (Canada dry) is a good one. Don't know how it will do for morning sickness, but it is great for an upset tummy.
Hint: stir it a bit to take out some of the bubbles.

I found that flat Canada Dry worked best with the kids, years after the pregnancy, when they were ill with the flu.

Nothing worked on morning sickness. (Who came up with this "morning" bit. 24/7 sickness was more like it.) My first trip to Scotland was marked by the constant need to .... well you who have been there know what I mean. I was convinced that the awful smells in Edinburgh were just exaggerated by my condition. Nope, that was the first thing I took in when I returned 16 years later.

The one thing that did perhaps help, maybe, was a regimen of small meals, snacks really, spread out through the day.

Oh, the plastic food in my signature probably makes things worse doesn't it. Sorry.

Sara
24-Aug-06, 08:06
I agree with everyone on the ginger biscuits. Also my midwife recommended the travel sickness wrist bands. Whenever I had morning sickness the only thing that worked is a very icy soda (coke, pepsi, etc...). Hope your 'morning' sickness goes away very soon!

wings
24-Aug-06, 09:43
sickness ranges from 3 times till 10 times a day, When did your sickness stop?

at the time u feel as if this is the worst possible thing in the world and you'll never forget how ill you are and you will never get pregnant again! but i cannot even remember now when it stopped coghill. i will be honest and say it lasted for weeks and weeks, certainly a good 2 months anyway. but there is light at the end of the tunnel it will stop. folk kept tellin me that and i couldnt beleive it, but it will. ...

i tried ginger biscuits etc but i completely lost my appetite, i couldnt face a thing.
i did also worry that if i was being sick all the time then how was my baby coping sorta thing..
so i went to the docs and she advised that because the baby was getting all my goodness at that point, thats why i was so ill.
so the wee one will be just fine, incase you have thought about it aswell..

cuddlepop
24-Aug-06, 14:37
Coghill,you have my sympathy it was worse for me when i was carrying my daughters do nt no if anyone else found similarities with the sex of the baby.
Dried ginger,ginger biscuits,infact anything with ginger eased the nausea.hopefully by 16 weeks it will have eased off.Take everything slowly now while you still have the excuse.:lol:

Murdina Bug
24-Aug-06, 16:07
Peppermint water or peppermint tea could help with feelings of sickness but probably would not to help stop you actually chucking up! Thankfully, I did not suffer badly from this but found that any queasy feelings were eased by sucking good old fashioned Pandrops! I think that's because they are about the only mints around with real peppermint oil in them instead of artificial mint. (If they work buy a batch now 'cos Millars has gone into receivership!)

Good luck with the new baby.

Carlo Gambino
24-Aug-06, 16:42
Dont get pregnant, if you really dont want morning sickness- pretty simple cure

Micki
24-Aug-06, 16:47
A friend told me ginger biscuits worked for her. I was lucky and didn't suffer from it with both my pregnancies.

Max
24-Aug-06, 21:54
The smell of lemon helped me I tried carrying a fresh lemon about with me - it helped a bit but just bear up it will pass 12 weeks for my first one 16 for the second.