PDA

View Full Version : Batten down the hatches

billmoseley
02-Feb-11, 15:25
just watched the weather forecast looks like there might be a touch of breeze thursday night into friday so lock up those wheelie bins

Mr & Mrs
02-Feb-11, 17:47
Is the forecasters correct?

Are we going to get the galeforce winds.

Metalattakk
02-Feb-11, 18:20
Is the forecasters correct?

Are we going to get the galeforce winds.

Posted just yesterday:

sorry, i've been a little preoccupied, just had a quick look at the charts from this morning (which are not the ones i usually use but i am away at lunch down to bradford and back so can't use normal ones).
it's looking like snow possible from thursday through til about monday or tuesday, late thursday night early friday morning is going to be a bit of a nasty hooligan from the west, possibly gusting as high as around 75mph.

oldmarine
02-Feb-11, 21:18
just watched the weather forecast looks like there might be a touch of breeze thursday night into friday so lock up those wheelie bins

"Batten down the hatches." It has been many years since I last heard that term. That was during WW2 when I served with the U.S. Marine Corps.

pat
02-Feb-11, 22:44
Already blowing a fair breeze over here on Isle of Lewis and along with it is horrible sleet going horizontal as usual.
All battened down for the next few days - hopefully have enough food in until the ferries start operating properly again.