PDA

View Full Version : Doanalsin's Diary

SunnyChick
02-Feb-11, 14:39
Have just dipped into this today, and I must say that I don't really like it how you can't post a comment on the end of his threads! :roll:

Perhaps you will think I'm barking, or maybe you'll agree with me - some of his posts would actually make some interesting threads to discuss, deliberate and debate?

SunnyChick
02-Feb-11, 14:51
Ok, so most of his threads don't really warrant a response/reply..... but some do!

His article about the climber who fell 1000ft down a mountain and who plans to get back on his feet, dust off, and carry on climbing. This Doanalsin chap thinks this guy is a bit mad. I disagree!

I think it's great Adam has not let an accident get in the way of his passion. Wish more people had his guts! I live with a munro bagger, and I know the pull the great outdoors have on him. I don't think he would let a fall stop him from trying to achieve his dreams!

golach
02-Feb-11, 16:01
I am sorry, I am confused, making comments on his diary. Is that not what you are doing at the moment?

bekisman
02-Feb-11, 16:13
Have just dipped into this today, and I must say that I don't really like it how you can't post a comment on the end of his threads! :roll:

Perhaps you will think I'm barking, or maybe you'll agree with me - some of his posts would actually make some interesting threads to discuss, deliberate and debate?
I thought you could reply:
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?134548-Climber-s-escape-comment

Torvaig
02-Feb-11, 17:49
As far as I can work out this thread is on General - not Doanalsin's Diary which is closed to all members except Noel Donaldson. I think he meant he is commenting on the the "escape" story...

sids
02-Feb-11, 18:37
You can't post on the Diary because it would end up with hundreds of comments and would be even less of a diary than it is now.

Blarney
02-Feb-11, 22:32
I think the whole diary thing a bit superfluous actually. All that he is doing is picking up stories from newspapers and posting them. Isn't that what the orgers did anyway if they came across a story which would make a good subject for dissemination and discussion?:confused

SunnyChick
03-Feb-11, 18:07
You can't post on the Diary because it would end up with hundreds of comments and would be even less of a diary than it is now.

Fair play I guess. :confused

Lol, it was just cos I clicked reply on his thread, and it wouldn't work. But fair enuf, if I need to comment on anything, I can always do it here :lol:

Cheers x

sweetpea
03-Feb-11, 22:55
I think the whole diary thing a bit superfluous actually. All that he is doing is picking up stories from newspapers and posting them. Isn't that what the orgers did anyway if they came across a story which would make a good subject for dissemination and discussion?:confused

Or he's a good nark and getting info in return.

Tubthumper
05-Feb-11, 10:34
I see the Polis have been busy lifting druggies recently, I'm just amazed that most of them seem to be in their 40's. According to the Daily Mail, it's young people today that are terrible, however it seems that the behaviour of the generation now reaching middle age still leaves a lot to be desired.