PDA

View Full Version : nhs public meetings !!!!

lynne duncan
17-Sep-04, 11:14
the nhs are currently holding a public consultation on the maternity services in caithness,
today they have announced that the public meetings will be as follows

Thurso Town Hall 7pm Tues 5th October
Ross Institute Halkirk 12 noon 6th Oct
Assembly Rooms Wick 7pm 6th Oct
Community Centre Lybster 12 noon 7th Oct
Wick Assembly rooms again ? 7pm 7th Oct
Strathy Hall 12 noon Friday 8th Oct

The number to phone for Tickets is Jan Morrison 01463 706802
however they are limiting these to 100 per venue !!!
(hmm strange that for public consultations that these meetings should be limited especially when the assembly rooms can hold 700)
please phone and book your tickets and lets see what the Nhs have to say.

JAWS
17-Sep-04, 17:33
Am I to take it that NHS Highland are the people responsible for the allocation of tickets.

lynne duncan
18-Sep-04, 08:22
it appears to be that way.

KitKat
18-Sep-04, 11:03
Perhaps we could go without tickets and be very vocal outside?

JAWS
18-Sep-04, 17:12
"Let's hold a Public Meeting, it will be good PR, but make sure we restrict the numbers so we can control who attends!"

Do they really think the people of Caithness are so stupid that they would not see through that little Scam?

Obviously the answer is YES! They really should get out of their Ivory Tower more often!

badger
24-Sep-04, 09:37
Could NAG let us know asap which date they plan the demo?

lynne duncan
24-Sep-04, 19:24
Assembly Rooms Wick 7pm 6th Oct
Wick Assembly rooms again 7pm 7th Oct
nhs highland will let as much folk in to these as the hall will hold even if they don't have tickets so please come

NAG will be having a stall on the street in WIck tomorrow saturday and the following saturday if anyone wants to talk with us

NAG are also holding there own PUBLIC meeting on October 29th in the Assembly Rooms

frank ward
25-Sep-04, 09:37
At its last committee meeting, NAG decided that it would not recognise the arbitrary limits enforced by the Board, and that we would urge everybody to attend regardless of having a ticket or not.

NAG would then conduct its own meetings with those locked out.

In the face of this, the NHS chairman rapidly retreated and has NOW AGREED THAT ADMISION IS OPEN. No tickets are needed at ANY meeting.

frank ward
03-Oct-04, 08:19
The trickery of NHS Highland Officials sometimes beggars belief.

Earlier last week, they said that the admission-by-ticket-only policy was dropped, admission would be unrestricted till rooms reached safety capacity.

However, they are still telling the media and the gullible press are still printing claims that there 'are still tickets left' for the meetings.

Well, there are 'tickets left' because they are no longer required of course. But the purpose of the dupliciity is to sow confusion in the minds of the public, to make people think that "maybe after all I DO need a ticket?" This may be enough to put some people off.

I would urge people to go to these meetings regardless.
First meeting Thurso Town Hall this Tuesday night at 7.30pm
Capacity around 250 I believe.