PDA

View Full Version : honey

puffin croft
31-Jan-11, 12:51
we are looking for a local honey supplier/maker so we can sell honey in our farm shop at jo'g.anyone know anyone?

northener
31-Jan-11, 19:25
Go down to Freswick, turn left onto the side road (Skirza) and keep your eyes open for a house on the left hand side, about half a mile down that road, tight next to the road. Usually got a 'Honey for Sale' sign up. They've been keeping bees for a long time. Can't remember their name, unfortunately.

Or, even closer, walk up to the two industrial units on the Duncansby Head road and look left just before you get level with the units. There's some national hives in front of the house there. The chap drives for Stagecoach IIRC. Might be worth a knock.

HTH.

reddevil
31-Jan-11, 19:45
i buy mine from a great couple who live in dempster street,he has the bees and makes great honey,i will ask him,and get back ok.

Scunner
31-Jan-11, 20:53
Honey was in short supply in 2010 - here's hoping the bees come through the winter and we get a good summer.

puffin croft
31-Jan-11, 23:22
thank u for replies so far,did ask stagecoach fella last year,lots of times,but didn t get any to me sadly.

Bill Fernie
31-Jan-11, 23:51
Try Robin Inglis of the Olrig and District Beekeepers Association
See http://www.caithness.org/community/clubs/olriganddistrictbeekeepersassociation.htm