PDA

View Full Version : Can you help

Thurso Youth Club FC
31-Jan-11, 11:39
Hi All,

I dont know if this is against the rules or not but here goes.

You may or may not have noticed that in the JOG Journal that the NOSN are currently looking for a charity of the year.

They want to help raise funds for a local charity and this is why im asking for help.
Would you be interested in nominating our youth football club.

If so could you please send an email to editor@nosn.co.uk with the following

The subject line - Charity of the Year

Name of Organisation - Thurso Youth FC

Contact Name - Paul Reid (Club Secretary)
Contact Number - 01847 893593

Nominee Name -
Nominee Number -

Reason for nomination - This can be in your own words and does not need to be alot.

Here is more information which you can add/amend into the reasons.

"We are in the final stages of approval from the Highland Council to lease the waste part of the land in Thurso, This is beside Naver All Weather pitch. The local councilors have already showed their support and has now gone to the Scottish Parliment for final approval.

What we intend to do is create a home ground for our club. We currently have a big squad but do not have a home ground to play on. We have been using Thurso High School for our games and training however since the start of the restructuring of the councils budget. We now get charged for these facilities... This i think will take alot of our funding.. So we decided to make this happen and help other youth football clubs within Caithness by letting them also use the ground for their games etc...

In our 1st Phase we are going to create 3 - 4 pitches in this area, fenced off, drained, lighting and changing facilities/storage to make it upto a playing standard for youth teams.
Then in the 2nd Phase we are going to create a street football arena so all public ( children and adults if they wish ) can use."

I know this may be alot to achieve however we have full commitment into this project.

I really hope you can help and maybe there could be more generous people that would also like to help out. Please get in touch if you wish.

web - www.thursoyouthfc.co.uk (http://www.thursoyouthfc.co.uk)
email - secretary@thursoyouthfc.co.uk

Many thanks in advance and hope you have a nice day.

Regards

Paul Reid
TYFC Secretary

poppett
31-Jan-11, 13:19
Have sent in a nomination for the youth football club.

Hope others do the same and you get the help you require

Thurso Youth Club FC
31-Jan-11, 14:28
Many Thanks Poppett