PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise

wicker05
30-Jan-11, 17:19
On my way home after a night shift, managed to capture the sun coming up.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wicker05/5400800257/http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5219/5400800257_152dc8c66b_b.jpg

Mystical Potato Head
30-Jan-11, 18:45
Oh lucky you,thats an Omega sunset,so called because it resembles the greek letter.More obvious when the sun is slightly higher.
Caused by warm water that bends the sunlight as it comes toward you resulting in an inverted image of the sun beneath the setting sun.(if your interested.lol)
Tried to get this numerous times of Holborn Head and failed miserably.

Very nicely done indeed!!!

S&LHEN
30-Jan-11, 18:50
Aww Wow that is gorgeous!! xx

wicker05
30-Jan-11, 19:06
Oh lucky you,thats an Omega sunset,so called because it resembles the greek letter.More obvious when the sun is slightly higher.
Caused by warm water that bends the sunlight as it comes toward you resulting in an inverted image of the sun beneath the setting sun.(if your interested.lol)
Tried to get this numerous times of Holborn Head and failed miserably.

Very nicely done indeed!!!

Thanks for the info MPH, I remember that shape from my apprentice days regarding ohm's law.

thejudd
30-Jan-11, 19:12
ermmmmmm one teeny tiny point MPH but wicker did state that this is sunrise not sunset

stroma88
30-Jan-11, 19:24
brilliant photo, that orange sky is amazing! you get both omega sunsets and sunrises the judd, google to the rescue ;)

tjc
02-Feb-11, 00:54
Excellent shot indeed.

Love that sky...

Cool info MPH, never knew that now...

Mystical Potato Head
02-Feb-11, 01:36
ermmmmmm one teeny tiny point MPH but wicker did state that this is sunrise not sunset

Sunrise/sunset,same principles apply,obviously.