PDA

View Full Version : Builder wanted to replace rotten wooden lintels in stone wall

eipi
30-Jan-11, 08:31
Four external lintels needing replacing, probably with concrete. Builder must be good with old buildings, ideally with lime pointing experience.

Recommendations or direct contact from builders please!

twinkle
01-Feb-11, 21:36
Hi i would recommend giving Pentland Construction a call they have done alot of work for me and always highly recommend them! They are cheap as well. Their number is 01847 893339 or 01847 892324. Website address http://www.pentlandconstruction.co.uk/

goldenguernsey
03-Feb-11, 22:14
Four external lintels needing replacing, probably with concrete. Builder must be good with old buildings, ideally with lime pointing experience.

Hi, can highly recommend Pat McMahon, knows all about lime pointing and old buildings, an excellent stone worker and not over priced, his mobile number is 077969 85437

Happy Guy
03-Feb-11, 22:42

I have just seen this and also the reply by golden gurnsey. I can highly reccommend Pat, he has just finished a job for me on a croft, which was damaged by a car. The front wall was extensively damaged, the lintel over the main door and the ones over two windows was taken out and the roof held up with Acrow props.
He rebuilt the wall, using the original stone and replaced the lintels with new treated wood, then lowered the roof back onto the new wall and lintels. All with perfect safety. This man is a craftsman, and he knows what he is doing. He works hard and doesn't disappear saying ' Ill be back' - and only reappears a week later!
He started promptly around 8 each morning, and worked solidly until the light faded
He is also reasonably priced and works for himself and you can see he takes pride in his work. I have photos taken last week as he was working on the wall, which I am going to send him for his 'portfolio' if he has one. If the OP would like to see copies, please PM me and I will e-mail you some, showing his work. His number is on the earlier reply by GG

divanp75
05-Feb-11, 13:38
Hi, can highly recommend Pat McMahon, knows all about lime pointing and old buildings, an excellent stone worker and not over priced, his mobile number is 077969 85437

Yep have seen Pats work and can recommend

Diane