PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Finding It Hard To Get A Dentist??

Anonymous
13-Sep-04, 18:26
HI.
Where have all the dentists gone.

Seabird
13-Sep-04, 20:35
Dentist in Thurso and Wick are rarer than Gold Dust!
Thoes that exist are not taking on new patients.
If you find one it will in most cases mean paying a fee each month to be registered then a fee on top for any treatment ( what a rip off that is.)
i'm going to Inverness to find one, then book the family in enmass then take holidays for appointments.
Emergency dental line is a total waste of time, i'v phoned it.
Best of luck with your search Robin you'll need it.

Zael
14-Sep-04, 08:42
I'll be off down to glasgow soon to sit and wait in the queue at the dental hospital. With all I need done I'll probably have to take a week off work :(

Maybe we should arrange a bus and take as many durdy weekers and teanabowlies as we can. We could hand out Caithness type information to the dentists down there and perhaps encourage a few of them to come up here for a while.

Seriously, how hard would it be to get some kind of mobile dentist going in a thing like we used to get at school (portacabin thing). If we got one setup in Wick and in Thurso then dentists from the south could have a kind of busmans holiday up here.

As for the emergency line, I have to admit that although it took 2 days to get an appointment (you have to phone first thing in the morning each day) the relief from my toothache was well worth the tenner it cost me. Its just a shame that the dentist only seems to have time to do the minimal amount of work and I'm going to have to have it redone if I can ever get to another dentist, otherwise it'll be another emergency appointment for me :(

linzy222
14-Sep-04, 18:34
HI.
Where have all the dentists gone.

Hi going by your username 1991 were u born then i take it?

so that will make u 13yrs old u r entitled 2 free dentist!

Pennyland school gives free dentist to school kids if u need it and r still at school!

894018 is the number

spittalpunks
16-Sep-04, 11:14
Probably have to recruit them from Hungary, the place is teeming with them

Theres folk flying from Kent to Budapest and making a holiday awf it

Better than the bus to Golspie and getting sent back feeling worse

the situation is a disgrace and the lack of provision is worse than 3rd world standards, people suffer enough without all the hassle of finding on and financing the repairs bet the fat cats at the cooncil get on alright though :evil

ŠAmethyst
18-Sep-04, 12:39
I have to go south to see my dentist. It is a huge inconvenience for me, because I'm travelling about an hour each way - I should be travelling 15 minutes tops! Plus it's difficult for me to get an appointment with my dentist... I think that those who have to travel to get a dentist should be given a slight priority over those who are just getting check-ups who live close by... and not as much priority as emergencies... know what I'm saying?

Geoff
18-Sep-04, 14:42
well my children are with the school dentist, and we are paying to go to bridgend but the waiting time is 4months for an appointment..so maybe you should try this?????

ŠAmethyst
18-Sep-04, 18:11
the poor students among us can't afford to go to bridgend :~(

Geoff
18-Sep-04, 18:50
but then you should get help towards dental cost if your a student??????Have you asked bridgend about this?????if you have a parent join you get free treatment..

AR
20-Sep-04, 20:28
Ive heard about the monthly pay thingy in the dentists in thurso, but i just pay for what i use in Wick, it can take a while to get appointments for a check up though, the other half is on the nhs and like for like jobs only seam marginally cheaper( i was lead to belive you got treatment on the nhs at something like half price a few years ago)