PDA

View Full Version : Car Insurance Recommendations

Kingetter
22-Aug-06, 21:32
I've looked at those companies registered on the .org site, but can anyone come up with any other firms please? I was hoping to try and 'stay local' in Caithness.

Billy Boy
22-Aug-06, 21:44
why stay local,when you better deal's at confused .com and good service?

Kingetter
22-Aug-06, 21:52
Thanks for the reply. Now,why are they so good?

Billy Boy
22-Aug-06, 22:11
Thanks for the reply. Now,why are they so good?
now let me see,better deal and what else mmmmmmmmm good service:Razz

Kingetter
22-Aug-06, 22:12
Used them a while have you?

SonyaA
22-Aug-06, 22:28
I have to agree with mr&mrsbillyboy, I used to be insured through Diamond, supposed to be cheaper for us females, went on confused.com a month later and got a quote that was about £200 less. The site is awesome!

maverick
22-Aug-06, 22:40
try Norwich Union Direct i have both my vehicles insured with them and my other half has penelty points, they were even cheaper than the quote i got from confused.com..

connieb19
22-Aug-06, 22:49
I've looked at those companies registered on the .org site, but can anyone come up with any other firms please? I was hoping to try and 'stay local' in Caithness.Kingetter, there was a discussion on the Radio about this one day and they said that if you try insuresupermarket.com and confused.com you wont need to check any others as between these two they will check all insurance companies and give you the cheapest quote. I tried them and almost halved my insurance this year. :D

sharon
01-Sep-06, 16:24
i too found confused.com brill... as i got car insurance fully comp for £183 and thats with only 1 years no claims tried norwich union to quote me happy!! but they cold match by far!! almost double, our 2 cars and motorbike is insured with confused.com and dont think i would try anywhere esle!

squidge
01-Sep-06, 16:38
I used confused.com and they pointed me to the Royal mail insurance which i got with full RAC cover and £50 cashback and was about £80 less than the best quote i had elsewhere.

Fab

Jenni
01-Sep-06, 20:52
Does anyone know what the situation is if you own two cars and want to insure them both? Is it true that you can't use your no claims bonus on both cars?
Whenever you go onto those sites like confused.com it asks how much no claims bonus you have and whether you have access to drive another vehicle but it's not clear to me how this works as I have heard various different versions.

newlabeluk
01-Sep-06, 21:31
i'll be looking at confused .com this year.

my sister & i have been with our insurers for 4 years but their contract with Norwich union is ending and new quote is nearly double with 8years no claims, was in the news that Norwich Union was increasing normal premiums by 16% and young male driver by approx 40%.
her 4x4 is cheapest with two other named drivers (1 over 75) at the post office & with breakdown cover.

molly
01-Sep-06, 22:47
I tried http://www.confused.com this year for my car and did make a saving.
My hubby received his renewal thru csma and found it to be cheaper through confused.com. He called csma and they matched the quote, a saving of £90.00. shop around on the net because they all want your business and will reduce the amount

newpark
04-Sep-06, 09:26
I was insured up here with CIS and when I renewed I went to Tesco as they were nearly £400 cheaper for me to have under 25's on my policy aswell.
Very impressed and if you do it on line it is a further 10% discount.