PDA

View Full Version : Holidays ??

DrChin
28-Jan-11, 14:03
The time has come the Walrus said to talk of many things......

OK maybe not many things but how about Holidays.

Where would you like to go for a Holiday in 2011, that is assuming that money was no object.

I would love to visit Japan as this country has always fasinated me. Where would you all like to visit?

changilass
28-Jan-11, 14:50
I would love to go to Australia with a stopover each way in Singapore.

Australia to visit family and friends and Singapore to show my son where I was born.

We went about 11 years ago, but when we got back our car was broken into and we lost all the holiday pics, so need to go and take more.

Kodiak
28-Jan-11, 18:29
I have always fancied going to see "Petra" in Jordan, but with the political climate I do not think I ever will.

http://i55.tinypic.com/nmyv48.jpg

The Music Monster
29-Jan-11, 10:01
It looks just like that bit out of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - did they film it there?!

As for me, I've always wanted to go to Norway... Maybe one day!

brandy
29-Jan-11, 10:20
we are off to America this year to visit my family.. been a while so looking fowards to it!

Chrisf1961
29-Jan-11, 10:22
Morning all ive promised my daughter and wife that i will take them back to Disney in Paris at Christmas so looks like we are heading that way !

orkneycadian
29-Jan-11, 10:23
Good to see that austerity isn't biting too hard then!

Corrie 3
29-Jan-11, 11:11
I'd like a weekend in Inverness, alas, my Pension wont stretch that far !!

C3.....:(

Chrisf1961
29-Jan-11, 14:47

brandy
29-Jan-11, 15:03
we are quite lucky.. in as we dont have to pay for accommodations.. ie staying with family.. and my family have not seen sam and ben since ben was 4 mnths old.. and he will be 7 in aug! so its time i think*Laughs*

really looking forwards to it.. if i could just skip the whole travel part!

The Music Monster
29-Jan-11, 23:48
really looking forwards to it.. if i could just skip the whole travel part!

It's all part of the adventure :)

Kodiak
30-Jan-11, 17:55
It looks just like that bit out of Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - did they film it there?!

Yes you are correct, that is where they did the filming for Indiana Jones. Petra is the city that is carved out of sold rock and it is hidden and you can only get to it by a narrow passageway through the rocks.