PDA

View Full Version : Inverness B&B wanted

Fran
28-Jan-11, 03:41
My usual b and B place is fully booked and Raigmore Motel has upped their price. Can anyone recommend anywhere central, for Saturday night? I will be walking as i wont have the car.

Aaldtimer
28-Jan-11, 05:08
The Winston on Ness walk/Ardrossan Terrace is quite handy...and an ex thurso owner.;)

Scunner
28-Jan-11, 13:38
Fran - try The Tilt on the right hand side of the roundabout before Raigmore. OH stayed there in November/December when I was in the hospital. Handy for walking and reasonable

DrChin
28-Jan-11, 13:42
If you can book in advance try booking at Travel Lodge as you can get a room for two people for only £19.00 a Night. That is for the room and Not per person so it is great value for money. Also there is no extra charge if you require a Disabled room.

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/?redirect=1

cat
28-Jan-11, 17:21
i got room at the station hotel,well now royal highland for £50. was much nicer than the travellodge and you cant get more central.it was lovely, didnt take the breakfast deal,just went round the corner to morrisons!

bekisman
28-Jan-11, 17:50
i got room at the station hotel,well now royal highland for £50. was much nicer than the travellodge and you cant get more central.it was lovely, didnt take the breakfast deal,just went round the corner to morrisons!

Wot's wrong with travelodge? £19 as opposed to £50 just to kip; no contest..

highland red
28-Jan-11, 18:47

I stayed at The Travelodge the night before checking in early for Raigmore. very good value and very clean. You can get your food from the Golf Club next door.

chordie
28-Jan-11, 19:00
The Moyness. www.moyness.co.uk

Beautifully done.....and with a Caithness connection: used to be Neil M Gunn's house.

cat
28-Jan-11, 22:42
sorry.nothing wrong with travellodge,stayed in them many a time. only had short notice last time i went to inverness so it was going to be £59.and premier inn had advertised sale too,i was probably booking too late.
i took it fran was looking for somewhere this weekend so maybe she would have been too late to get £19 room too.

bekisman
28-Jan-11, 23:06
sorry.nothing wrong with travellodge,stayed in them many a time. only had short notice last time i went to inverness so it was going to be £59.and premier inn had advertised sale too,i was probably booking too late.
i took it fran was looking for somewhere this weekend so maybe she would have been too late to get £19 room too.

Fair enough - I've never paid top wack for Travelodge, but book way ahead, often get £9 rooms. I've got a £25 voucher to use as the one we stayed in Dunfirmline, had a problem with 'water hammer' on an entire floor..

EDDIE
28-Jan-11, 23:58

Ive stayed in loads of travel inns and i cant fault them

espadartecars
02-Feb-11, 13:43
I have stayed in Strathness House,it is really nice,just across from the cathedral and a 5 minute walk to town.You get a lovely breakfast there too.:lol:

Dustybits
03-Feb-11, 10:07
www.furan.co.uk (http://www.furan.co.uk)

Nice B&B run by my brother (ex-Wicker) and fairly close to Raigmore.

DB

aidipi
03-Feb-11, 10:16
Lyndon B & B is excellent 4* cannot do enough for your. Greast breakfast. Opposite Lidl