PDA

View Full Version : For anyone who uses Caithness buses

badger
27-Jan-11, 23:03
Stagecoach are proposing major changes to the timetable, to the extent that they are actually holding consultation meetings in Thurso, Wick and Lybster next Wednesday, 2nd. Details here http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupdatedetails.aspx?Id=2184

We were told at a CC meeting this evening that Castletown, so presumably all other stops between Thurso and Wick on the Bower route, will be omitted from the Inverness bus and Wick folk will have to change at Dunbeath for Inverness, so it's important as many as possible attend these meetings and tell Stagecoach just what we think of them. If we're not careful, many of us are going to find ourselves suddenly cut off from our usual journeys.

At the moment the timetable details seem unavailable from the link on the above page. Wonder why?

chordie
27-Jan-11, 23:15
But doesn't it make sense to split the service somewhere around Latheron ? I always thought it a bit unfair to make the people of Thurso, and those going to Scrabster, to have to sit on the bus all the way round by Wick and Castletown when they could have just cut across through Spital ?

Kodiak
27-Jan-11, 23:24
But doesn't it make sense to split the service somewhere around Latheron ? I always thought it a bit unfair to make the people of Thurso, and those going to Scrabster, to have to sit on the bus all the way round by Wick and Castletown when they could have just cut across through Spital ?

And it would be fair for Wick passengers to have to change at Dunbeath and possibly wait for goodness how long in all weathers. Also for Passengers who live in between Thurso and Wick for to have no Bus at all. Not it would not be Fair at all.

It is no real problem to sit on a Bus and go Via Wick and at least your are dry and warm. I am sure the Majority of Thurso Passengers do not mind going Via Wick, I know I didn't when I travelled this route.

Personally I think this whole idea is disgusting and Stagecoach should be told that this is a No No.

sweetpea
27-Jan-11, 23:35
And it would be fair for Wick passengers to have to change at Dunbeath and possibly wait for goodness how long in all weathers. Also for Passengers who live in between Thurso and Wick for to have no Bus at all. Not it would not be Fair at all.

It is no real problem to sit on a Bus and go Via Wick and at least your are dry and warm. I am sure the Majority of Thurso Passengers do not mind going Via Wick, I know I didn't when I travelled this route.

Personally I think this whole idea is disgusting and Stagecoach should be told that this is a No No.

Sounds like you were on the bus same time as me..

Chrisf1961
27-Jan-11, 23:36
Stagecoach dont give a monkeys about passengers,never have done.In my home town of Preston they ran the local Preston Bus off the road then bought them for a song and recently sold it again...Bit like the government really..they say they will do something and listen to the people then do the opposite...but just thinking that can apply to about 98% of most companies who say they listen to their customers ....absolute tosh they dont ....

chordie
27-Jan-11, 23:44
And it would be fair for Wick passengers to have to change at Dunbeath and possibly wait for goodness how long in all weathers.

Just timetable a bus to meet the split at Dunbeath - even Stagecoach can manage something as simple as that.

Also for Passengers who live in between Thurso and Wick for to have no Bus at all. Not it would not be Fair at all.

Again, so long as the bus that is timetabled to do all stops from Dunbeath via Wick and Castletown then no problem.

Except that it adds the best of part of an hour to your journey if you're going to Thurso.

Torvaig
28-Jan-11, 00:00
Cannot access the proposed timetables so far but I would imagine that the people from the Castletown, Bower, Reiss area will have a bus to take them to Wick and on to Dunbeath to meet the bus(es) going straight down the Causewaymire from Scrabster/Thurso thus still travelling the same distance to get to Inverness.

There is no way the the Inverness bus service can serve the whole county. People from remote areas have more need of local services to take them to Wick or Thurso in order to get to Inverness or is it ok for them to find their own way to a departure point? There are always buses through Bower and Watten but there are plenty other country areas needing public transport; where does it stop?

I don't know if the Inverness service still goes into Lybster village and back out again but it certainly doesn't serve other communites such as Lyth, Slickly, Camster, Reay, Canisbay and other such rural areas. It make sense for the Inverness service to leave from Thurso and Wick with feeder buses from John O'Groats, Castletown, Bower etc. taking these passengers to Wick to join the service there. Depending on the average numbers using the buses, I'm sure the company will do their best to suit as many people as possible.

After all, their income depends on same.

changilass
28-Jan-11, 00:03
I thought stage coach busses were to get you from A to B, without doing C to Z on the way.

Surely it is up to local busses to get you to local places.

All it takes is for us to have a better LOCAL service.

The service up here is awful, the amount of times busses have missed altogether, or come through Castletown early just to sit for ages in Thurso is stupid.

I would rather the local bus service was improved than worry about all the stops on the Inverness service.

So long as we still have an Inverness service, I aint particular where I have to catch a connecting service, so long as there actually is one.

Torvaig > you said it so much better than me

Kodiak
28-Jan-11, 00:09
Just timetable a bus to meet the split at Dunbeath - even Stagecoach can manage something as simple as that.

Since when has a Stagecoach Timetable ever run to Time, errr let me think on that for a bit............I know now......NEVER! So Passengers would be left standing in the Rain, Snow etc etc for the connection.

Again, so long as the bus that is timetabled to do all stops from Dunbeath via Wick and Castletown then no problem.

You dont get it do you. The Bus would not go from Dunbeath to Wick To Thurso. It would Stop at Wick and there would be NO Bus at all for Passengers who live between Thurso and Wick who wish to travel from Inverness. For passengers who live between Thurso and Wick who wish to travel to Inverness there would be No Bus at all either. As the Busses would leave, One from Wick to go to Dunbeath and One from Thurso to go to Inverness and to pick up the Wick Passengers in Dunbeath. The passengers between thurso and Wick, well sorry there is no Bus.

Except that it adds the best of part of an hour to your journey if you're going to Thurso.

My goodness you do talk a load of rubbish don't you. I have travelled this route many, many times and even in bad weather it has never taken an hour to go from Wick to Thurso. More Like 30 Minutes and that is all and I never minded the extra 30 mins as I stated above I was warm and Dry.

Torvaig
28-Jan-11, 00:14
My goodness you do talk a load of rubbish don't you. I have travelled this route many, many times and even in bad weather it has never taken an hour to go from Wick to Thurso. More Like 30 Minutes and that is all and I never minded the extra 30 mins as I stated above I was warm and Dry.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is a 30 minute journey from Wick to Thurso but if you are a Thurso passenger on a bus from Inverness via the causewaymire to Thurso you save about an hour by not going to Wick, Bower or Watten etc.

chordie
28-Jan-11, 00:15
My goodness you do talk a load of rubbish don't you. I have travelled this route many, many times and even in bad weather it has never taken an hour to go from Wick to Thurso. More Like 30 Minutes and that is all and I never minded the extra 30 mins as I stated above I was warm and Dry.

So let's look at the current X99 timetable shall we....here's the first bus of the day: leaves LATHERON at 11:39, arrives THURSO post office at 12:38. So that will be 1 minute short of 1 hour for that journey.

Let's take another one.....leaves LATHERON at 13:46, arrives THURSO post office at 14:45.

Oh look, I see a pattern emerging.

Before pontificating about something, get the facts.

Torvaig
28-Jan-11, 00:17
Thank you for checking the timetable Chordie! I am too lazy....

alanatkie
28-Jan-11, 00:28
Recently I have been using the service to go & return from hospital for visiting hours but unless the local buses in Caithness improve, people traveling from Castletown to Wick will be stuffed. The times they have for traveling on local services are useless.

chordie
28-Jan-11, 00:35
Recently I have been using the service to go & return from hospital for visiting hours but unless the local buses in Caithness improve, people traveling from Castletown to Wick will be stuffed. The times they have for traveling on local services are useless.

The reality is that there just isn't any volume of people in rural Caithness to justify (even with the massive subsidies paid) to have buses trundling up and down side roads. I see the 77, 81 and 82 services most days and often there's no-one at all on them. We'd be better using the subsidies for taxis or dial-a-bus for rural areas - far more cost efficient and flexible.

And people have short memories - most of these services are more frequent than they've ever been. Take the 77 to John O'Groats - there's 8 buses a day in each direction on that route. In the days of Dunnet's running it there were only 3 return journeys per day.

Kodiak
28-Jan-11, 01:06
So let's look at the current X99 timetable shall we....here's the first bus of the day: leaves LATHERON at 11:39, arrives THURSO post office at 12:38. So that will be 1 minute short of 1 hour for that journey.

Let's take another one.....leaves LATHERON at 13:46, arrives THURSO post office at 14:45.

Oh look, I see a pattern emerging.

Before pontificating about something, get the facts.

Oh dear you still do not understand at all do you?

So it takes about 1 Hour to go by Bus from Latheron to Thurso. It also takes about 1 Hour 30 Minutes to travel by Bus from Latheron to Wick and then on to Thurso.

Therefore it only takes 30 Mins to travel from Wick to Thurso. This what I have been saying and staying on a nice warm and Dry Bus for 30 Extra Mins should be no trouble for passengers travelling to Thurso. Perhaps you should get your facts correct.

Torvaig
28-Jan-11, 01:07
The reality is that there just isn't any volume of people in rural Caithness to justify (even with the massive subsidies paid) to have buses trundling up and down side roads. I see the 77, 81 and 82 services most days and often there's no-one at all on them. We'd be better using the subsidies for taxis or dial-a-bus for rural areas - far more cost efficient and flexible.

And people have short memories - most of these services are more frequent than they've ever been. Take the 77 to John O'Groats - there's 8 buses a day in each direction on that route. In the days of Dunnet's running it there were only 3 return journeys per day.

Is there a case for minibuses being used for local services? It would certainly be more financially viable..... outwith the initial cost of purchasing them which I am sure Stagecoach can afford. I used to travel on the Caithness buses most weeks and yes, they were often near empty.

chordie
28-Jan-11, 03:22
So it takes about 1 Hour to go by Bus from Latheron to Thurso. It also takes about 1 Hour 30 Minutes to travel by Bus from Latheron to Wick and then on to Thurso.

No it doesn't. READ THE TIMETABLE. It takes 1 hour to go from Latheron to Thurso via Wick and Castletown.

Hen Broon
28-Jan-11, 07:23
No it doesn't. READ THE TIMETABLE. It takes 1 hour to go from Latheron to Thurso via Wick and Castletown.

so itdoesn't take any time to go from Latheron to Thurso does it ? or are you proposing to travel that part of the route by Tardis or Bullet Train ?

It will take at least 20 - 30 minutes by bus, so no you are not saving an hour.

chordie
28-Jan-11, 08:00
It will take at least 20 - 30 minutes by bus, so no you are not saving an hour.

You can be sure that if the current situation is that the route splits into two buses at Latheron, and that if Stagecoach was now to propose just having the one bus trail all the way around the north east of the county to get to Thurso, then there would be a massive revolt.

Too many people don't look at change rationally. Too many jump on the bandwagon that change is bad. I remember years and years ago when Newtons or Dunnets ran the Inverness route - they split the bus at Latheron - there was another bus to meet it there. And everyone continued on their merry way to opposite poles of the county arriving in a sensible time.

Progress is a funny thing.

RecQuery
28-Jan-11, 09:02
Thankfully the 82 - Wick to Thurso/Thurso to Wick service is largely unchanged. It's unrelated but I always hated how that service had to always go via Halkirk when nine times out of ten when I'm on it no one gets on or off there.

theone
28-Jan-11, 09:35
I just had a wee play with google maps. I wonder if this will stop the argument?

Assuming your on a bus from Inverness.......

Latheron to Thurso is 23.5 miles. Google reckons 31 minutes.

Latheron to Thurso via Wick is 37.7 miles. Google reckons 57 minutes.

Thats 26 minutes added to the journey. Add an extra few minutes as it's a bus and 30 minutes seems about right.

onecalledk
28-Jan-11, 10:10
What is the problem with alternating the bus between the one that goes via Wick and the one that goes across the Causeymire? Perhaps actually timetabling the buses is the problem with stagecoach as well as telling people the timetables have changed. having had to use the bus to get to Inverness and back recently I was caught out by reading the tmetable at the bus stop in Inverness and waited in vain for a bus that never turned up. Went into the bus station to be told that the guy who changes the timetables at the stands must have not updated it and there was another 90mins wait for a bus ! Just managed to catch the train after being told this.

Also having a service leave to go to Wick with another to go to Thurso via the causeymire within 10 mins of each other is nonsense. Stagecoach are appauling for their services in any part of the country so perhaps it is to be expected the service up here is rubbish. Going to Glasgow from Inverness is a bit of a joke with it appears every service meeting in Perth then everyone getting off one bus onto another one before travelling to where they need to go !

REmember too that stagecoach in their wisdom have just introduced the GOLD service , where you pay extra it seems to sit on a bus with decent seats and HEATING , oh and you dont have to change buses en route to bigger cities. I had to use the bus service a few times over the cold period and never once travelled on a bus in either direction with heating that worked !

The geography of the highlands of scotland is such that NO service can be run cost effeciently and centralised as it is in the central belt. The powers that be have tried to centralise and to make many services cost effective but it never works.

K

LMS
28-Jan-11, 10:59
There's plenty of noise about Thurso people having to spend another 30-ish minutes on the bus whilst it goes via Wick, but what about the train? Wick people lose 40-ish minutes (from memory) due to the train running via Thurso.

Okay, the bus set-up isn't ideal but what can be done? Stagecoach plan to run a feeder bus connecting at Dunbeath for the Wick passengers. It isn't ideal but if they put a decent bus stop at Dunbeath and run on-time it could be acceptable. Chances of that are VERY slim.

Personally, I don't see why the bus can't just run via Wick as it is just now and keep everyone warm, dry and safe. Also, it should be noted that there is at least one bus a day from Thurso that does run via the Causewaymire for those that don't want that extra 30 minutes of inconvenience.

Gronnuck
28-Jan-11, 11:22
I've had a look at the proposed Bus Timetable and can see there has been an effort to 'knit' everything together quite nicely.
There might be an argument for further improvements and adjustments but the needs of the customer must be weighed against the amount of time the driver is allowed to drive and take appropriate breaks, (not mentioned so far) and the necessity of getting the maximum use out of the bus itself, ie. the end of one route commensurate with the start of another.
While I agree it's good to air the debate on this forum; any discussion here is worth nothing if participants don't take their thoughts/questions/ideas to the meetings arranged for next Wednesday.

Dadie
28-Jan-11, 11:29
Small but vital point...LOOS!
Does stagecoach put the buses with loos(that work) on the run to and from inverness, and, if there is a problem with the loos have scheduled toilet stops.
That was what stopped me using the bus.
Not the length of time it takes from Wick/Thurso etc....

porshiepoo
28-Jan-11, 12:30
Certainly hope they don't get worse for the college folk trying to get from Lybster to Thurso. My daughters already have to leave at 7am just to get to Thurso college for 9am. Then, although they finish at 4pm, they don't get home until 6.20pm because of the pathetic excuse for a bus service here.

badger
28-Jan-11, 14:08
Have to confess I still haven't looked at the timetable but the reason I started this was to get the message to as many as poss. that we have the chance to go along and make our views known if we're not happy. There is a very small article in today's Groat but I'm concerned the sessions will not be well attended and Stagecoach will think they can do what they like because no-one cares. I can see they can never please everyone in an area like this but we need to be encouraged to get out of our cars, those that have them, not driven back to them and the many who rely on buses should not find themselves suddenly abandoned.

BonsBalls
28-Jan-11, 14:10
Thankfully the 82 - Wick to Thurso/Thurso to Wick service is largely unchanged. It's unrelated but I always hated how that service had to always go via Halkirk when nine times out of ten when I'm on it no one gets on or off there.

I hope they put a bus on around 6 from Thurso back to Wick as I'm sick oh bein stuck in Thurso when i finish work for 2 hours before i can get back a bus back to Wick

robbain
28-Jan-11, 22:23
Certainly hope they don't get worse for the college folk trying to get from Lybster to Thurso. My daughters already have to leave at 7am just to get to Thurso college for 9am. Then, although they finish at 4pm, they don't get home until 6.20pm because of the pathetic excuse for a bus service here.

The X99 bus will still operate from Thurso to Inverness at night it will be affected in the changes, direct from thurso via lybster to inverness, i have been in touch with stagecoach, if you have any concerns please attend the meeting in the day care centre, lybster 7.30pm next wedneday

Swannie
28-Jan-11, 22:27
Just looked at the timetable for Inverness via Halkirk and it looks as if there will be lots of Inverness buses going through Halkirk - great news!

scorrie
29-Jan-11, 17:27
It also takes about 1 Hour 30 Minutes to travel by Bus from Latheron to Wick and then on to Thurso.

Therefore it only takes 30 Mins to travel from Wick to Thurso.

Nonsense. If it takes 1 hour 30 minutes to go from Latheron to Wick and then Thurso, and you are saying it takes 30 minutes to get from Wick to Thurso, then it must take ONE HOUR to get from Latheron to Wick!!

To be fair, your man chordie is haverin' as well, since he is assuming that you can go from Latheron to Thurso in ZERO minutes.

"Dear Doctor, if it takes a man a week to walk a fortnight, how many apples are there in a barrel of sour grapes?"

Gronnuck
29-Jan-11, 18:00
Just to clarify; the drop in sessions are being held on Wednesday 2nd Feb 2011.

Thurso; 1000 – 1200 noon at Royal British Legion Clubrooms, Thurso.
Wick; 1400 – 1600 hrs at the Norseman Hotel, Wick .
Lybster; 1930 hrs at the Lybster Day Care Centre.

Timetables will be available at the drop in sessions and are on line at www.stagecoachbus.com (http://www.stagecoachbus.com/).
We are told the proposed changes are draft proposals; the final revisions will be shaped by the feedback received across the area.
Come on peeps tell them what you need,:eek::lol:.

Garnet
29-Jan-11, 21:42
I hope to be at, at least one of the meetings, preferably all as I wonder if 'smaller groups' are easier to..eh..how should I put it..fob off! I have looked at the timetable and (correct me if I'm wrong) it looks like passengers from Wick will have to disembark at Dunbeath to be picked up 3 mins later by Thurso bus, providing a) it arrives on time b) there's plenty seats and c) toilets...well rather you than me, as for public ones, until more recently the only stop was at Dornoch which were reasonably clean, not so anymore. Golspie (new) and Tain were (exceptional) and just passed by as driver only stopped for few minutes at Dornoch. (Schedule no doubt). d) if said pick-up bus is not on time and the weather is like last month(!) I for one will be a 'tad' upset, and yes let's face it their busses are s***e to say the least, it's an insult to expect anyone to have to travel in those conditions. So we are left with the junk that's called a TRAIN..NO HEATING...B-awful toilet(s)...embark at Wick then to G/mas to Thurso..back to G/mas then head south and you actually leave Caithness ONE hour from embarking, it's the same in reverse on the return journey, so the Wick passengers lose out again, do the maths as they say plus it's a dashed longer journey.

chordie
29-Jan-11, 22:31
it looks like passengers from Wick will have to disembark at Dunbeath to be picked up 3 mins later by Thurso bus,

It's much more integrated than that - you wait on one bus until the other arrives. The 3 min gap is the difference between the arrival of one and the departure of the other - you need to get off one and on the other!

badger
29-Jan-11, 22:32
Having finally got around to downloading the timetable is anyone else having trouble viewing it? Pp. 24 on look as if they have been chopped off the side of earlier pages.

Unless it's just me, if they can't even save the layout correctly makes you wonder how they manage anything.

Droopy
29-Jan-11, 23:14
Best way to avoid / be happy with public transport is:

1. Get a job and buy a car

Or

2. Move back to the metropolis and wait for a bus every 10 mins.....

simples......;)

Garnet
29-Jan-11, 23:25
Yes chordie.....that may be so...but you still have to get off one bus to go on the other in all weathers..what if you're in a long queue? oh and what about transferring the luggage from one to the other?

chordie
29-Jan-11, 23:30
Yes chordie.....that may be so...but you still have to get off one bus to go on the other in all weathers..what if you're in a long queue? oh and what about transferring the luggage from one to the other?

For goodness sake! How did you get the luggage and yourself on the bus in the first place ??? And what about when you get off at your final destination....do you have one of those extending gateways you get at airports so that you can walk straight from your bus into your living room ??? :roll:

golach
29-Jan-11, 23:32
Last time I was up north I travelled back to Edinburgh by bus X99 I think, the Thurso to Inverness,boarded it in Castletown, on time, via Wick I had no problems with it, my seat was booked, a toilet stop in Dornoch, and we arrived in Inverness 15 mins early.
And all it cost me was my 50p booking fee, I could not complain.

Torvaig
30-Jan-11, 01:06
You are right peoples; my 'rithmetic is not up to much these days!

Torvaig
30-Jan-11, 01:17
"Perhaps actually timetabling the buses is the problem with stagecoach as well as telling people the timetables have changed. having had to use the bus to get to Inverness and back recently I was caught out by reading the tmetable at the bus stop in Inverness and waited in vain for a bus that never turned up. Went into the bus station to be told that the guy who changes the timetables at the stands must have not updated it and there was another 90mins wait for a bus ! Just managed to catch the train after being told this."

This was something I complained about several times to various points of contact but nothing ever materialised; they didn't seem to care. It was also difficult to get an up to date timetable; took them some time to get around to it - they obviously don't travel by bus themselves!

I would advise anyone travelling to check by phone everytime. Maybe if everybody did that, they would soon up date the posters in their shelters.

I have now bought a car.......

RecQuery
31-Jan-11, 10:34
Having finally got around to downloading the timetable is anyone else having trouble viewing it? Pp. 24 on look as if they have been chopped off the side of earlier pages.

Unless it's just me, if they can't even save the layout correctly makes you wonder how they manage anything.

It's a dodgy document, wasn't even there when I tried to download it on Friday. If you scroll down further you'll see the bits of the pages that have been cut off. Seems Sarah Anderson the document author needs to provide a better one.

Garnet
01-Feb-11, 14:29
Post #38 There is absolutely no need to be so rude 'chordie' and to answer your exasperated question...in my case it is with great difficulty especialy with the rather high steps on entering the bus and no I don't have the luxury of traveling by 'plane'.
(S**A**)

badger
02-Feb-11, 17:54
Having attended a meeting today must admit they are doing their best to listen and make notes. Also they have already taken notice of the complaints about Castletown being left off the Inverness bus and some will now start from Castletown before going to Thurso. However everyone between Castletown and Reiss (where the Wick bus now comes in from J O'G) is left off the Inverness bus route and will only have local buses to Wick/Thurso. Not sure how connections will work. They have promised to post all changes on the website and are looking for feedback.

The change at Dunbeath is not so bad as apparently you wait on one bus until the next turns up. Also promised new and better buses in July - we'll see.

chordie
02-Feb-11, 18:12
The change at Dunbeath is not so bad as apparently you wait on one bus until the next turns up.

I refer the Honourable Gentleman to my previous answer. I thank you. Give the Stagecoach people SOME credit - and cut them some slack - they are doing the best they can with a crap subsidy, a difficult routing geography, and a dearth of a market for passengers.

It's much more integrated than that - you wait on one bus until the other arrives. The 3 min gap is the difference between the arrival of one and the departure of the other - you need to get off one and on the other!

Gronnuck
02-Feb-11, 18:18
Having attended a meeting today must admit they are doing their best to listen and make notes. Also they have already taken notice of the complaints about Castletown being left off the Inverness bus and some will now start from Castletown before going to Thurso. However everyone between Castletown and Reiss (where the Wick bus now comes in from J O'G) is left off the Inverness bus route and will only have local buses to Wick/Thurso. Not sure how connections will work. They have promised to post all changes on the website and are looking for feedback.

The change at Dunbeath is not so bad as apparently you wait on one bus until the next turns up. Also promised new and better buses in July - we'll see.

Not everyone in Caithness is going to get a bus from their door to Inverness. A little imagination is needed. Have you looked to see if you can get the 80 to Gills/Canisby/JoG and transfer to the X99 there before it heads off to Wick?

Garnet
02-Feb-11, 20:10
Been to Bus meeting and was impressed by the turnout as were the Company reps, anyway they seem to be taking all complaints / suggestions on board (no pun intended) regarding the Inverness bus and agreed (as above ^) you are to remain on bus A until bus B is there. They say that Thurso gets first 'dibs' as more people come from that end of county, however if there's not enough seating for everyone then the two busses go, they also expect the driver to do / assist with the luggage as there will be two if not three of them (?) they are also looking into the local busses as one woman said 'a bus goes all the way out to Lochshell but wont stop at tescos' sad! NEW busses are to arrive on the 26th August we were told by the company rep in charge. I forgot to ask..what if Thurso bus breaks down, so I'll asume the remaining one will just have to go but don't know about the Thurso passengers...it's a thought though, and I agree...we'll see!!

bagpuss
03-Feb-11, 20:30
so if Stagecoach can have people change buses, why not run the train on the hour every hour to Golspie- a quick bus run from Golspie to Tain, and then train rest of way. Without the Ardgay/Rogart stretch it'll be the same as the bus- and you can get up and walk about

Mr P Cannop
03-Feb-11, 21:20
why not have buses up to the top half of mount pleasant road thurso ??