PDA

View Full Version : Aquashield

weegieboarder
27-Jan-11, 21:25
Just to let everyone out there know that this bunch are at it.I had noticed a few homes being painted by them (mostly roofs) and assumed that they were a reputable company,however,be very wary.

Burnside
27-Jan-11, 23:40
Why do you say be very wary? We had someone round at ours tonight wanting to come back and give an estimate.

Torvaig
28-Jan-11, 00:08
Just to let everyone out there know that this bunch are at it.I had noticed a few homes being painted by them (mostly roofs) and assumed that they were a reputable company,however,be very wary.

If you are warning us about this company i.e. "this bunch are at it", can we have some idea of what you mean and how you know? Personal experience is valuable knowledge and welcomed if there is something dodgy about them.

scorrie
28-Jan-11, 02:05
Either put up or shut up.

bekisman
28-Jan-11, 09:24
This anything to do with 'em?
http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=148212

dragonfly
28-Jan-11, 10:02
Common sense should apply when someone comes knocking at your door offering to do some work around your house as they are "currently in the area" - why are they in the area, why are they not at home doing the work if the product they are offering is that great. As for painting your roof for £2.5k get a local company who do blasting work to clean it for you, get a strip of copper fitted along the peak of the roof and you have a natural fungicide everytime it rains for a fraction of the price

mrlennie
28-Jan-11, 10:53
I think they say dont blast it as it chips at the tiles makes them porous and gives the moss a real bed to grow in. If you get it washed with fungicide then leave for a week then brushed it should come off.

dozy
28-Jan-11, 13:12
Aqua-shield quote to paint the roof of a 2 bed house £4600.00 .I can get it re-roofed for £5800.00 .

DrChin
28-Jan-11, 13:45
Aqua-shield quote to paint the roof of a 2 bed house £4600.00 .I can get it re-roofed for £5800.00 .

I am glad now that I live in a Council House. :D

Dadie
28-Jan-11, 13:59
they are knocking on the doors in Watten at the moment!

chordie
28-Jan-11, 19:56
they are knocking on the doors in Watten at the moment!

I wonder if they've ever tried doorstepping in Portgower....and lived ?

Corrie 3
28-Jan-11, 20:11
I wonder if they've ever tried doorstepping in Portgower....and lived ?
Well I presume they go knocking in daylight when no one is about in Portgower as they are all sleeping in their caskets. If they went knocking in the dark then they would never be seen again!!!

C3...

dizzyb
28-Jan-11, 21:02
I had them round a couple of months ago after my neighbour had their roof done, they quoted about £5,000 by the time I sent them on there way they had come down to £2.800, a few hours later I had a phone call from them and we were at £1,500. I would hate to think what my elderly neighbours paid them!!

Sage
29-Jan-11, 20:02
They came to Glengolly...knocked on the door and were politely told to shove off :)

Have to say though I'm glad Im not a little old wifey...the bloke looked like a Mitchell brother and I could imagine may be quite intimidating to an elderly person on their own.

_Ju_
29-Jan-11, 20:44
I had them round a couple of months ago after my neighbour had their roof done, they quoted about £5,000 by the time I sent them on there way they had come down to £2.800, a few hours later I had a phone call from them and we were at £1,500. I would hate to think what my elderly neighbours paid them!!

Cold calling followed by pressure sales tactics. Not much more is needed to prove this companies disrepute.

mork
04-Mar-11, 19:51
they are very dodgy franchise company who did work on a friend's roof and have created holes in the roof tiles and are very hard to make contact with to repair or replace broken tiles. still awaiting them to return, after many phone calls they were meant to come on tuesday, but my friend is still waiting.

Vistravi
04-Mar-11, 23:10
Either put up or shut up.

How is this helpful for encourging the OP to tell the whole story?

ShelleyCowie
05-Mar-11, 10:55
Saw the aquashield car going round the other day. They came to my house once, i was polite, he wasnt, so then i wasnt, he left :)

achingale
05-Mar-11, 16:58
I am fed up with cold callers and have now put up a sign saying 'No Salesmen, No Cold Callers, No Canvassers, Thank You.' If I want something I will make a phone call after speaking to neighbours or look in the phone book or online at good deals. I know they have to make a living but it just seems to be there is one at my door at least once a week.

TopCat
05-Mar-11, 22:25
A very nice young man called at my house--when I told him I did not want it done,he could not have been nicer and wished me a good day.