PDA

View Full Version : Clairvoyants in Land Rovers

chordie
27-Jan-11, 19:57
The other thread to do with do-gooders and their dogs prompted me to have look at the other local self-styled emergency service charity, the Highland 4x4 Response group.

I see that donations to this charity have been well spent - their entire incident log consists of two incidents dated Nov 2011 and Dec 2011 !! http://www.highland4x4response.co.uk/incident_log.htm

Now that's what we want - an emergency service that can pinpoint an emergency several months in advance.

The mindset of these self-appointed meddlers is telling from this excerpt from the incident report: "HI 02 contacted HI 01 to begin the call-out procedure. Since HI 11 was determined to be in the local area it was decided HI 11 would accompany HI 02 to the incident."

Oh HI 11, couldn't you have let HI 01 have a shottie just this once ? :Razz

Kodiak
27-Jan-11, 20:12
MMMMM I had a look and it is quite plain that the 2011 is a typo error, also your sarcastic comments on their report was not neceassary and it was also incomplete. Here is what they actually had written in their report.

Report one

HI 02 received a call from the police requesting help with an incident in Applecross. HI 02 contacted HI 01 to begin the call-out procedure. Since HI 11 was determined to be in the local area and available it was decided that HI 11 would accompany HI 02 to the incident. The responders met the police at the address and assisted with transport duties to Raigmore Hospital. The road conditions were very poor yet the call-out went smoothly.

Report two

Highland 4x4 Response Group received a request from their police contact person asking if they could assist the Dingwall Police Station by helping transport 1(one) police officer and 2(two) CID officers to an incident in Applecross, as the road conditions were reported as being severe. SMS activation was broadcast to the active members at 12:46 and the available active members reported back their availability.
Two response members met the police officers at Dingwall Police Station and proceeded to Applecross
Arriving at 16:30, they were there for a period of 1(one) hour and then returned to Dingwall Police Station. One response member returned home, while the other accompanied the police to Raigmore hospital, returning home at 20:50.

By reading these reports it looks like they are assisting the police and helping the community. What more do you want.

Walter Ego
27-Jan-11, 20:38
I'd like to point out that these people respond to requests from the Police for assistance.

This hardly puts them in the category of some 'do gooders'. Otherwise the Police wouldn't use them - or request help from them.

But, given that your view on another ridiculous thread is that the Police are cow-towing down to 'Masons', it's hardly suprising that your bilious opinion will be aimed at other emergency services as well.

Come up with something sensible and you'll get sensible discussion. Unfortunately at the moment you are just coming across as a witless plank.

bekisman
27-Jan-11, 21:11
The other thread to do with do-gooders and their dogs prompted me to have look at the other local self-styled emergency service charity, the Highland 4x4 Response group.

I see that donations to this charity have been well spent - their entire incident log consists of two incidents dated Nov 2011 and Dec 2011 !! http://www.highland4x4response.co.uk/incident_log.htm

Now that's what we want - an emergency service that can pinpoint an emergency several months in advance.

The mindset of these self-appointed meddlers is telling from this excerpt from the incident report: "HI 02 contacted HI 01 to begin the call-out procedure. Since HI 11 was determined to be in the local area it was decided HI 11 would accompany HI 02 to the incident."

Oh HI 11, couldn't you have let HI 01 have a shottie just this once ? :Razz

Not quite sure what you're on about; says '2010' on that link...

Kodiak
27-Jan-11, 21:37
My Guess is that someone read chordie's post and changed the Page to the correct details. At least it proves someone is on the ball. Good for them I say. :D

Walter Ego
29-Jan-11, 21:19
............ At least it proves someone is on the ball....... :D

Unlike Chordie[lol]