PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris

mama2
27-Jan-11, 19:56
I'm looking for some info on Disneyland Paris.
When is the best time to go?
Where are the best places to stay?
Is 3 days enough or would 5 be better?
Do you buy your park tickets in advance or over there?
What parks are best?
etc etc
I've had a look on the Disneyland Paris website but it's all a bit confusing if you've never been before.
Thank you

Chrisf1961
27-Jan-11, 20:54
Hi, We've been 3 times (once a year for the past 3 years) We've been early December for the Christmas season which is really lovely with the decorations etc but it was absolutely freezing, and did spoil it a little. The last twice we've been in September after the schools have gone back and found it was great, not much queueing, weather was still warm and sunny

We've found staying at the on site hotels are best as you get EMH (extra magic hours, where they let you into the park up to 2 hours before the general public, great to get a few rides done as walk ons before the crowds arrive) and also you have the free shuttle buses which take you to and from the hotels every 10 mins or so. They range from the budget (Santa Fe) up to the deluxe (Disneyland Hotel) We've stayed at the Cheyenne, Davy Crocketts Ranch, and Disneyland Hotel, and found the Cheyenne the nicest, it has great theming (like a wild west town) and the room has a double and also bunk beds which is great with kids as the usual standard in the other hotels is two double beds

We've done 4 nights, 5 days and found that to be plenty enough to see everything and also to enjoy the surroundings without having to rush, you could do it in less off season I would say

When you say what parks are best, there is only 2 at Disneyland Paris - the main park and the Studios, the main park is lovely, nicely themed plenty of rides and things to see. The studios has been enhanced recently with the addition of Toy Story Playland, as you would expect Toy Story themed rides based around characters such as the Army men and Slinky and RC Racer.

Your park tickets will usually be included in the price you pay if you're booking it as a package, to be honest there really isn't much difference in price booking through an agent to booking it direct with Disnelyand Paris direct, although if you're booking direct, I've always telephoned to book as you only pay 10% deposit and the rest 60 days in advance, whereas if you book on their website you pay the whole lot up front.

Then you just have to look at how you're getting there, flights, Eurostar, Eurotunnel etc, We've only done Eurostar once and didn't like standard class at all and it's not that flexible as there is only one direct train in and out each day off season, we've done Eurotunnel twice, driving ourselves there and it's great, really easy

If you want plenty of information with trip planning, I'd definately recommend the Dis Boards, which is an online forum like this one with loads of people who are regular visitors so you get loads of helpful hints and advice too, there is also a trip reports thread where people add photos about their recent trips and you get lots of info from these too (thats at the top of the page)

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=77

Pm me if you want anything specific.

Chrisf1961
27-Jan-11, 21:02
ps.. this is Chris's wife Sam (the Disney mad one) just forgot to sign into my own name!

shamrock2007
27-Jan-11, 21:19
We went in the easter holidays 2 years ago, weather was alright & queues were not bad at all. It was 3 days that we went to & found that it was plenty as it was quite expensive to eat etc. We booked everything through arcade travel - flights, bus transfer, accommodation & tickets. Also sorted out a birthday cake for the kids. We stayed in the Cheyenne as the way I saw it was what was the point in being in a fancy hotel with a swimming pool etc when we were only in the hotel to sleep as we were out & about the whole day. Characters come to all the hotels anyway. If you want any more info just get in touch

Chrisf1961
27-Jan-11, 21:22
oh yeah, forgot to say about the cost of eating out! lol, it was expensive - we went to the local supermarket (Auchan) when we went the last couple of times and stocked up on drinks, crisps etc and that was a cheaper way to do meals. (especially when we went self catering at the Davy Crockett). Would definately agree too with shamrock about the cost of the hotel, we went in the Disneyland Hotel last year as I've wanted to go there for ages but to be honest the service etc was pretty much the same, didn't really get anything that special.

mama2
27-Jan-11, 21:34
Thank you so much for all the info it is much appreciated xx

lynne duncan
27-Jan-11, 23:33
www.thedibb.co.uk
the uk version of the disboards it has a whole section on the disneyland paris
free to join them but invaluable for any questions

Chrisf1961
27-Jan-11, 23:38
Hi Lynn i can only see the restaurant link at DLP on the left hand side ? Is there more somewhere?

lynne duncan
29-Jan-11, 15:41
sorry for that
at the top is a list like on the org
click on forums and scroll down there is a section on disneyland paris planning and information
hope this helps

Chrisf1961
29-Jan-11, 16:45
Dont worry Lynn im loosing it! Just remembered i asked you this doh!

edayhouse
30-Jan-11, 09:48
We went a couple of years ago and booked through Arcade travel in Thurso (they were cheaper than online deals) - we also went for 4 nights/5 days and dont think that we could have got round the parks in any less days. We also opted for the meal plan deal where we were on a half board basis which was well worth it as once you are there the prices are pretty steep for meals etc.
We stayed in the Sequoia Lodge and it was perfect for location to the park etc.
Enjoy