PDA

View Full Version : Insurers now post your cars value up front

dozy
27-Jan-11, 13:57
I was just going through some insurance companies before renewing my policy .I noticed that some companies now post the value they give to my car and it was way below what i would ask if i wrote-it off .The insurance compay said "thats the way we are doing things now as customer had paid far to much for their car when they purchased them in the first place" .the value give is the MAXIMUM figure they would pay.So we now pay more to get insured are get a dam sight less when we claim ,you just can't win .
You can also check your cars true wirth at the Vauxhall site as they publish the Class's Guide price for free (don't get stung by paying over the odds for your next car )

theone
27-Jan-11, 14:03
I think that's a great idea.

If you don't like the valuation, don't buy the insurance. At least it stops arguments and delays in the event of a claim.

Whitewater
27-Jan-11, 20:32
You can get insurance that maintains the full price of your car for several years, but it is more expensive.

octane
27-Jan-11, 21:31
perfect, so does that mean I can go into Dunnets for example and say ill buy that top of the range Focus and by the way thats all Im paying for it as thats what the insurer values it at :Razz