PDA

View Full Version : Cattery in Caithness/Sutherland

aidipi
27-Jan-11, 11:05
Can anyone tell me if there is a new Cattery near Watten? I need to put my Bengal into a Cattery for about a month in may but Mossburn and Catburn Catteries are closing down which is going to be a great miss! Someone mentioned that they thought there was going to be a new one near Watten.

I will not use Longreen but if I cannot get one nearer would use the one at East Mey which used to be owned by Zoe but is now under new management.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tyke
27-Jan-11, 12:57
Can anyone tell me if there is a new Cattery near Watten? I need to put my Bengal into a Cattery for about a month in may but Mossburn and Catburn Catteries are closing down which is going to be a great miss! Someone mentioned that they thought there was going to be a new one near Watten.

I will not use Longreen but if I cannot get one nearer would use the one at East Mey which used to be owned by Zoe but is now under new management.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can't help you but just to clarify things, CATBURN IS NOT CLOSING DOWN but are on a winter break until the end of February. I have just spoken to the owner.

Chrisf1961
21-Feb-11, 13:25
Im confused doesnt take much! im wanting to put our 2 into a cattery when i go down to see my daughter and son in England in April,we emailed a lady called Sharron in Berridale who has told us today that the cattery is shut indefinatley for bereavement.
Im really wanting one on the way down as its a 9 hour trip and dont really want to go north to Thurso and down again...Is there one open in Watten then?

sweep
21-Feb-11, 18:15
sadly dear sharron died and her funeral was today. many many cats will miss her kindness in her wonderful cattery . best wishes to her family at this sad time x

Chrisf1961
21-Feb-11, 18:30
Gosh thats terribly sad news

stewart4364
21-Feb-11, 18:59
I knew Sharon and I can honestly say that she was one of the most pleasant and kindest person I have met in a very long time. Unfortunately her mother Audrey will be lost without Sharon. Sharon will be sorely missed but I can truthfully say that the cats in Heaven will have someone who wlll look after their every need, the cats could not possibly get a better person to care for them in their Heavenly abode. Caithness is a sadder place without the kindness of Sharon.

The Music Monster
21-Feb-11, 19:23
I am sure you have your reasons for not wanting to use Longreen, but we take our little moggy there and she is always very well treated! For example, she has very few teeth now that she is an elderly mog, so she can't eat biscuits, so the owner went out and bought her loads of top of the range wet cat food at no extra cost! She thought all her Christmases had come at once!

Liz
21-Feb-11, 19:23
Oh I am so very, very sorry to hear that Sharon has died.

When I was a volunteer with CP I spoke to her on a few occasions as she would take care of strays as well. She was so lovely and friendly and obviously cared for cats very much including those she looked after in the cattery.

My heart goes out to her mum Audrey, the rest of her family and friends.

A sad loss indeed.:~(