PDA

View Full Version : Wick High School

benji
26-Jan-11, 22:03
Folks,

Can someone point me in the direction of information on this topic (just noticed the JOG Journal article).

Thought there would be something on the org about it.....?

bagpuss
26-Jan-11, 22:34
are new schools actually being built?

tiger woods
26-Jan-11, 23:57
Folks,

Can someone point me in the direction of information on this topic (just noticed the JOG Journal article).

What article?

Venture
27-Jan-11, 01:18
Are you talking about the appeal blunder re the consultation or the chance for people to become involved in the planning etc of the new school as in today's Caithness Courier?
Folks,

Venture
27-Jan-11, 01:19
Yes bagpuss there is to be a new Wick High School built. It is due to be opened in August 2014.
are new schools actually being built?

benji
27-Jan-11, 10:36
Are you talking about the appeal blunder re the consultation or the chance for people to become involved in the planning etc of the new school as in today's Caithness Courier?

Sorry you are a step ahead of me - it was this business of the appeal blunder - perhaps another example of how the council really are not serving the folk of the Highlands with due diligence...will be reading the Courier online - thx

docker
27-Jan-11, 15:39
What has happened to the post that was under this thread earlier that criticised councillor Fernie. Is there some form of censorship going on?

benji
27-Jan-11, 21:32
What has happened to the post that was under this thread earlier that criticised councillor Fernie. Is there some form of censorship going on?

which posting was that?

benji
27-Jan-11, 23:00

Hmmm reading the JOG/Courier he is certainly not coming out of this well...with such strength of feeling doubt he will be a councilor for much longer

docker
28-Jan-11, 08:45
I don't have a copy of the post but it was from an exile in Australia who did not seem impressed with councillor Fernie’s representation of the people of Wick. There was nothing offensive in the post just a general criticism.

Niall Fernie
28-Jan-11, 16:30
I would like more information on this mystery post.

There is no information on it every being posted or removed. In fact a normal user of the forum does not have the ability to completely delete a post. That is only possible from an administrators account. That action also leaves a trace in the moderation log, which also contains nothing on this mystery post.

As my father has faced criticism here on the forum before and those posts have remained intact (feel free to go and search them out), I wonder why docker would think that suddenly we would start removing non offensive criticism.

I, of course, am always upset to read a criticism of my father whether it be here or in the local paper. I (again, of course) see my father as one of the most upstanding and hard working members of our community. But still I would never seek to censor other peoples' opinion of him however misguided I think it may be.

If this post ever did exist (and I seriously doubt that it did), docker, I would like you to feel free to repeat the criticism and any other detail you can remember from the post.

Bazeye
28-Jan-11, 23:41
Prefer a bit of Old skool, myself.

Moira
29-Jan-11, 22:13
Folks,

There's been loads of threads on the org about this. You must have been abroad or totally switched off to have missed them.

Here's a starter for you:-
http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?111474-New-Wick-High-School-Site-debate-(merged-threads)&p=772710&highlight=Wick+High+school#post772710

The other thing you could do is enter the words "Wick High School" into the Search box on the General Forum.

Hope this is of some help.