PDA

View Full Version : What did I miss ?

chordie
26-Jan-11, 18:53
I started a thread this morning asking people about their experiences of reporting bad driving to the Police. I noticed that there had been quite a few reply postings but I didn't have a chance to get round to reading them until now.....but now the whole thread has vanished. What happened ? :confused

Dadie
26-Jan-11, 19:01
Its the wrong time to start such a thread.
You obviously missed the news last night or havent read the local paper today.
Its insensitive to report on bad driving so close to a bad accident happening in the county!

chordie
26-Jan-11, 20:02
You obviously missed the news last night or havent read the local paper today.

OK, I've been to the Groat website and read the story.

It's ironic therefore that Chief Inspector Reiss is quoted in the report as asking people to get in touch if they saw the vehicle involved. My previous point was that if you normally phone the Police with such information BEFORE a road accident occurs they're not interested and do nothing.

chordie
27-Jan-11, 04:56
And what do we find in today's news.......a Northern Constabulary Sgt is fined at Wick Sheriff Court, and resigns, for not lodging reports of alleged careless driving. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12285291 Isn't that tragically, topically, ironic and exactly my experience - they're not bothered about reports of idiots on the roads. Mind you, the Masonic hand probably plays a part in many cases of not following things up.

DeHaviLand
27-Jan-11, 13:33
And what do we find in today's news.......a Northern Constabulary Sgt is fined at Wick Sheriff Court, and resigns, for not lodging reports of alleged careless driving. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-12285291 Isn't that tragically, topically, ironic and exactly my experience - they're not bothered about reports of idiots on the roads. Mind you, the Masonic hand probably plays a part in many cases of not following things up.

Can you offer any proof for this? Or are you just a bigot?

chordie
27-Jan-11, 14:31
Can you offer any proof for this? Or are you just a bigot?

Gladly, and easily, from first hand experience. Travelling in Aberdeenshire in the back a car being driven by our client and with two of his staff as passengers - he got pulled over after passing a mobile speed check somewhere near Stonehaven at more than 90mph on a 70mph road - he pulled something from his wallet and showed it to the policeman - there was a brief exchange of words and on he went on his merry way, smuggly telling us "it helps to let them know what lodge you're in.'

Will that do ?

golach
27-Jan-11, 14:42
Gladly, and easily, from first hand experience. Travelling in Aberdeenshire in the back a car being driven by our client and with two of his staff as passengers - he got pulled over after passing a mobile speed check somewhere near Stonehaven at more than 90mph on a 70mph road - he pulled something from his wallet and showed it to the policeman - there was a brief exchange of words and on he went on his merry way, smuggly telling us "it helps to let them know what lodge you're in.'

Will that do ?
No thats hearsay, how can we believe you? You have not told us your lodge number. Its very easy to sit at a keyboard and fantasize [disgust]

changilass
27-Jan-11, 14:47
It was the driver not chordie who was in the lodge in the story he told, so not even sure if he is in a lodge.

What difference would telling the lodge number do anyway?

From personal experience, I have also seen the 'old boys' network in action, so can easily believe his story.

golach
27-Jan-11, 14:53
Old boy networks, come in all forms of life, The Forces, the Civil Service, Bowling clubs, funny hand shakes do not come into the equation, changi

Phill
27-Jan-11, 15:14
I reckon yer mate was actually a hobby bobby but woz too embarrassed to let on so pretended to be a mason so it made him look more kewl, I bet it woz his warrant card he pulled out.
Wot's the point of it being a 'secret' society if yer carry membership cards round?!!

Anyway, isn't the usual method of identifying oneself as a 'brother' by way of wearing a sash, apron and rolling a trouser leg up whilst doing a jig. That's what I normally do anyway.
Admittedly you look a prize twerp doing it at the side of the road but the feds are normally too busy laughing at this point to give yer a ticket.

DeHaviLand
27-Jan-11, 15:18

Will that do ?

No it wont do! If the conversation went as you quoted then there was no mention of Freemasonry at all!

Walter Ego
27-Jan-11, 15:40
Ah, the old inevitable fallback position: "Ah, Masons, they're all in it together".

How enevitably dull.

Someone once told me that they managed to avoid arrest by using their wizard powers to render themselves invisible to all those who are corrupt. He says he wasn't arrested for having stolen a mars bar five years ago - so it must have worked. Thus proving the officers who were stood no more than 300 metres away were definitely corrupt.

I prefer my Bill Bailey style angle to your waffle.

Btw - my mate got killed on his pushbike after being hit by a wagon. The driver stated he never saw my mate on the country lane at 3 in the morning with no lights.

The driver was later found to be outside his driving hours, thus making him corrupt. Which unfortunately meant he was telling the truth about not being able to see my mate...because he was corrupt and the wizard spell wasn't a lie.

See?

It all fits.

God, there's some tedious crap on here these days......

fingalmacool
27-Jan-11, 17:33
Yip definitely something to be said for joining the dark side,(it has been known to help with employment and hinder) I remember years ago i watched a undercover documentary type program based in a large city about the Masons and the reporter said that it was farcical that at one of their Balls the number of high ranking police and well known gangsters drinking together was mind boggling?

ducati
27-Jan-11, 19:32
Speaking as someone who's friend is a relative of a friend of a Mason, I can catagorically state that this sometimes doesn't happen :confused

Whitewater
27-Jan-11, 20:28
If you want to let anybody know you are a freemason you would never pull anything out of a wallet. The guy who tried to fool you is a bigger fool himself.

Walter Ego
27-Jan-11, 20:42
Hit the nail on the head, Whitewater.

'Mason' ID cards...what a laugh.....no doubt they've all got Jedward haircuts too.....

Walter Ego
27-Jan-11, 20:44
Aye, must be true then.

What a terrifying prospect. Next we'll have bent councillors and briefs attending the same functions as coppers...an outrage, surely......zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

chordie
27-Jan-11, 20:57
Michty me Walter, you're working yourself up into an awful frenzy all over the board this evening. I think you should rub yourself down with a damp copy of the Groat and go and lie down in a darkened room, before you give yourself a nose bleed.

bekisman
27-Jan-11, 21:22
If you want to let anybody know you are a freemason you would never pull anything out of a wallet. The guy who tried to fool you is a bigger fool himself.
Unless it was his Dues receipt card