PDA

View Full Version : Things that make life easier!

debimac
26-Jan-11, 13:23
I have just found a new best friend!!
It is one of those wash mitts for cars, they sell them in most supermarkets!!
I know sad, but a lot of people have very large tvs and glass units to put them on!
i've used glass cleaner etc and it is hard work, not with this it's not!
I've just used it upstairs on louvre doors, computer etc and honestly it makes life easier!!
Have you found something that makes life a whole lot easier?? ;)

Carole
26-Jan-11, 13:33
Thanks for the tip - those louvre doors collect so much dust and it's not easy to get them cleaned.

debimac
26-Jan-11, 14:29
just been telling my dad about it. I bought mine in asda for £1!
I'm sure they sell them in tesco but honestly it was so much easier.
I just hoovered the mitt with the pipe every so often whilst using it and you can always wash it through!
I hope you know the type i mean! :)

Dadie
26-Jan-11, 14:30
I just blast everything with the steam cleaner!

debimac
26-Jan-11, 14:32
can you use this on kids?? lol

Dadie
26-Jan-11, 14:36
Dont tempt me!
But it does obliterate sticky handprints and art work off the walls and floors..it removed lipstick off my bedroom carpet (thanks for the picture Iona) when the carpet cleaner said no way!
It does the bathroom from top to bottom and even has a window attachment...and freshings up the carpets...and does the laminate and lino and the inside of my cooker!
And it exterminates spiders too!

Beat Bug
26-Jan-11, 16:05
Ditto! Wouldn't be without me Polti.

Dadie
26-Jan-11, 16:30
Things that need washed in our house fall between the catorgories- steam clean, dishwasher, washing machine, throw in the bath...or ignored!
Havent had too many disasters...but those noisy kids toys with batteries are nice and quiet if you get them on the right washing cycle (it shorts the electronics).

pepsimax
26-Jan-11, 17:03
I bought a shark steam cleaner of ebay for a fraction of the price they are on QVC and I have to say it is brilliant. Really good at cleaning our gloss kitchen which is assualted daily by 3 kids and 2 dogs.

orkneycadian
26-Jan-11, 17:55
You use a steam cleaner in the house???!!!! :eek:

Holy something! (pesky profanity filter...) Your houses must be in some state before using a steam cleaner makes them cleaner rather than dirtier! I ken when using one in the byres, that you end up wearing most of what you blast off, and certainly get wet enough!

And the stink of diesel fumes in the house must be something chronic, or do you just leave the steam cleaner itself outside and run the hose into the house?

Beat Bug
26-Jan-11, 18:21

Holy something! (pesky profanity filter...) Your houses must be in some state before using a steam cleaner makes them cleaner rather than dirtier! I ken when using one in the byres, that you end up wearing most of what you blast off, and certainly get wet enough!

And the stink of diesel fumes in the house must be something chronic, or do you just leave the steam cleaner itself outside and run the hose into the house?

Domestic steam cleaners use electricity, and are very clean and easy to use. No nasty chemicals polluting the atmosphere!

pat
26-Jan-11, 18:44
Agree with you - steam cleaning is the answer to most things, all it costs once you have bought the machine is electricity, no smells and no residues left behind, all clean and sparkling.

Mystical Potato Head
26-Jan-11, 18:49

We all ken you're sole purpose on the org is to be a total wind up merchant so its hard to know if you really are that thick or not.

Kodiak
26-Jan-11, 19:00
Two things that I could not do without, 1. my Walking Sticks, & 2. My Grab Stick.

Both are essential in my day to day life and life without them would be really a lot harder for me.

debimac
26-Jan-11, 19:58

I think your on about a pressure washer!!
My house could do with pressure washing every now and then tho!!!! Ha Ha :confused:lol:

orkneycadian
26-Jan-11, 20:52
As Mick "Crocodile" Dundee would say....

"Thats not a steam cleaner....."

http://www.farmingmachines.co.uk/uploads/M08500_1.jpg

"..... Thats a steam cleaner!"