PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Glasgow

igglepiggle
25-Jan-11, 22:28
We haven't been to the SECC in Glasgow before and are heading down in Easter. Have anyone got any recommendations on where to stay with 2 children? I've had a look on laterooms.com but was just looking for any personal recommendations. Thanks

Punk_Bassist
25-Jan-11, 23:29
Premier Inn at Charing Cross, very close to SECC and town centre,very clean and will accomadate for you and your children at a rough cost of £50 per night per party.The downside is cost of nearby NCP car park,but I now believe you can get a discount through hotel receipt.You may also try Hotels.com they have offers on,give a try .Some crackers available Marriot and Hilton are unbelievable but are about £100 per night.Hope this helps.

25-Jan-11, 23:42
Try the menzie s hotel it's great and big rooms. Has a swimming pool and sauna etc and really reasonable. I booked it on travel republic website.

suzy
26-Jan-11, 02:12
I have stayed in the Campanile hotel, just beside the SECC, about £50-£60 at the weekends, there is also the Etap which is just a short walk its about £35 a night its kinda like a travelodge. Suzy

kel24
26-Jan-11, 12:00
Im staying at the etap hotel with my partner and mum and 2 little sisters from the 5th to 7th feb so can tell u what its like when we get back if thats any help to you. I have also stayed in the Ibis hotel which is part of the same group as etap but dont really accomodate for kids as u can only have 1 child per room, but apart from that it was great.

igglepiggle
26-Jan-11, 12:01
Thank you for all the replies, i was looking at the Menzies hotel, looks lovely! I will have a look at the Campanile Hotel. I would prefer car park included, i had a look at train prices and it works out cheaper taking the car.

Thanks

ClachanHope
02-Feb-11, 21:51
The Premier Inn Argyll Street is good. You get a parking ticket from the reception so you get free parking in the multi storey carpark just one street away. It is also in walking distance to the SECC.

rangers1873
02-Feb-11, 22:05
stayed at the etap when i was down at ac/dc at hampden.room was not that great, wife ,son and i stayed in the same room and it felt very clostiphobic(excuse my spelling), have stayed in the travel lodge beside it and it was miles better, good thing about these 2 hotels is that you have harry ramsdens and buger king beside them

stekar
09-Feb-11, 12:24
Often go dowm to the SECC, and usually stay at Travelodge at Braehead. It's easy enough to travel by car to the SECC, free parking and next to a big shopping centre with Pizza Hut, KFC, Macdonalds etc.