PDA

View Full Version : Doanalsin's Diary???????

shazzap
25-Jan-11, 00:53
Doanalsin's Diary (http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisplay.php?101-Doanalsin-s-Diary)

What is this all about please, and why the word never in the last post made column.

Aaldtimer
25-Jan-11, 04:29
Doanalsin's Diary (http://forum.caithness.org/forumdisplay.php?101-Doanalsin-s-Diary)

What is this all about please, and why the word never in the last post made column.

My guess is it reported things before the local rags had a chance to, and some things became a wee bit "controversial"!:confused

shazzap
25-Jan-11, 11:32
My guess is it reported things before the local rags had a chance to, and some things became a wee bit "controversial"!:confused

Thank you for the reply Aaldtimer. :)
I genuinely didn't know.

Droopy
25-Jan-11, 22:05
In all honesty, what excactly is his thread all about, if his latest contribution to the world of journalism is anything to go by it amounts to nothing more than utter gossip, and the issue of reporting court cases on a local internet site and its merits was already discussed here.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?110109-Court-News-on-Police-Pages&p=714610#post714610

And as for the Marge 'stories'....dont get me started.:roll:

changilass
25-Jan-11, 22:25
I don't see a problem with the reporting, its the vicious threads that folks start on the back of it.

If folks take it as what it is, reporting news, instead of a gossip fest it would be fine.

What Marge stories?

Am I missing sumat?

Droopy
25-Jan-11, 22:31
Am I missing sumat?

Oh the irony..........!!!

changilass
25-Jan-11, 22:40
Sorry, don't do irony.

sweetpea
25-Jan-11, 23:13
I did wonder what happened to this thread from Doanalsin's diary. Seemed to be somethign about him and his wife going up the river in Paris in a boat and a bottle of wine?? I must have missed the gossip scoop bit though.

scorrie
25-Jan-11, 23:54
him and his wife going up the river in Paris in a boat and a bottle of wine??

Who was in the boat and who was in the bottle of wine? ;)

Douglas Cowie
27-Jan-11, 20:54
I have just read the latest contribution to Doanalson's Diary and I must admit if this is what Caithness.Org is coming to it's scraping the barrel; surely it's above this sort of journalism, that sort of stuff is best left to The Sun and the News of the World.

David Banks
27-Jan-11, 21:39
Give the guy a chance - he'll find his feet.

Droopy
27-Jan-11, 22:05
I have just read the latest contribution to Doanalson's Diary and I must admit if this is what Caithness.Org is coming to it's scraping the barrel; surely it's above this sort of journalism, that sort of stuff is best left to The Sun and the News of the World.

Im afraid thats Noel 'Not News' for you....How long before this type of fish wife cyber drivel has consequences in the real world I wonder?
If the powers that be allow much more of this it makes me wonder if they maybe have an axe to grind with the Groat due to the Wick High Fiasco reports/items that have appeared in it off late???.....

Douglas Cowie
27-Jan-11, 22:08
Give the guy a chance - he'll find his feet

He's had years of experience as a full time professional journalist if he doesn't know where his feet are by now he might as well give up!

chordie
27-Jan-11, 22:12
If the powers that be allow much more of this it makes me wonder if they maybe have an axe to grind with the Groat due to the reports/items that have appeared in it off late???.....

Well somebody certainly has an axe to grind with Noel's latest posting on the lifeboat guy - why on earth dredge that up (no pun intended) now ? Never mind 'Hot News', this is 'Old non-News'.

scorrie
28-Jan-11, 01:56
Sweetie Wifie rubbish. I recall Noel telling a story in the Groat about moving house and initially acting on instinct and heading towards his OLD house from his workplace one evening. Rib Tickling City!!

Another Groat gem was a page spun around Ronnie (Citizen) Smith being a Dundee United supporter and missing his team's winning goal in the Scottish Cup Final against Rangers (1995?) because.........wait for it.......build the suspense to the maximum.....he was......in the TOILET!!

I had to wonder WHO was taking the piss with that one ;)

leanneava
28-Jan-11, 09:51
reporting news? some news it would be better that it wasnt repotred u may not see it as gossip but believe me theres no need to report of the tragedy that happenns in peoples lives, u may think its innocent fun but why dont u ask the victims families of the two men who died in the crash on monday night? do u think they wanted it splashed everywhere to be seen? and being one of those families i think u know my answer

pat
28-Jan-11, 14:05
Donalsin's Diary
Keeps me up to date with what is happening in the county - I do receive the Groat and Courier but frequently very out of date, depends on if the boat sails or if my paper person decides to deliver it that day or the next day or two, part of island life. Just received last Friday's Groat yesterday.
The bit about the RNLI person - may have been last year caught, it looks as if it is still being dealt with in the Sheriff Court, so this is still relevant and up to date or is it that RNLI say he is no longer on Wick Lifeboat.
I use this entire site to keep up to date with all events in Caithness, be it births, deaths or marriages - and even the viscious threads due to someone being upset due to a friend/relative/themselves have been named.
This whole site is my Daily Paper of events, happy, sad, regretful, funny, hilarious and this diary adds another angle to occurences - keep on with Donalsin's Diary please

Droopy
28-Jan-11, 18:43
Donalsin's Diary
Keeps me up to date with what is happening in the county

Sorry Pat, dont talk baloney, Not News has only been posting for a fortnight, you've been on here ages. Whats been posted so far is general gossip you'd exchange and forget chatting in the street with someone, not as in Not News's case of filing it forever on the web for armchair google busy bodies to drag up for eternity.

The bit about the RNLI person - may have been last year caught, it looks as if it is still being dealt with in the Sheriff Court, so this is still relevant and up to date or is it that RNLI say he is no longer on Wick Lifeboat.

Baloney again, this was a court case from roughly October last year Id say, so you cant be paying much attention to your Groats or Couriers. Furthermore, Not News is very obviously acting on someones vengeful agenda trying to make trouble....how else would he know the person involved was recently parted from his lifeboat job?, and to have the neck to contact the RNLI and post the response on here is shameful, whats it got to do with us? If thats news, well no wonder hes become bob a job reporter of inane rubbish on the 'Org'

I use this entire site to keep up to date with all events in Caithness, be it births, deaths or marriages

Take a look at the announcement section and seriously tell me you regard that as a documented source of births, deaths and marriages in Caithness. If you know who silverlady, hatman, cyber charlie or whatever other 'Orger' names are plastered on there, your a genius. My guess is that any right thinking person would be embarrassed to the core to have an anniversary, birthday or whatever posted there.

sweetpea
28-Jan-11, 19:45
I'm disgusted with this Doanalsin Diary, I didn't realise that these were stories this guy is chasing, I thought they were just bits copied from the local rag! He must be some sicko to delight in the misfortune of others like that.

chordie
28-Jan-11, 19:52
I'm disgusted with this Doanalsin Diary, I didn't realise that these were stories this guy is chasing, I thought they were just bits copied from the local rag! He must be some sicko to delight in the misfortune of others like that.

Have you seen one of his recent ones....he's resorted to lifting message's off the Facebook pages of the deceased in order to create his 'news story'.

Joey
28-Jan-11, 23:02
Have you seen one of his recent ones....he's resorted to lifting message's off the Facebook pages of the deceased in order to create his 'news story'.

If that is really the case that is pure sick in my opinion !!

As for the the bit thats been picked up on this thread, this is oldddddddddd news. It used to be a saying in the town that nothing ever made the Groat until it was weeks out of date, now we know the reason why "Not so Hot News" was their reporter :)

Its time to put away your notebook and put your feet up on the mantlepiece I think Noel !!!

scorrie
29-Jan-11, 01:56
Its time to put away your notebook and put your feet up on the mantlepiece I think Noel !!!

I understand your feelings regarding this. I just looked at the latest entry entitled "Some tasty ties in prospect"

They look pretty bland to me ;)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/TIES.jpg

chordie
29-Jan-11, 05:05
What makes Noel Donaldson so special that he is given his own dedicated thread ? If he wants to play at news hound, can't he just post in the main forum like the rest of us? At least that way there is a fairer right of reply - we're locked out from making any comment on his inanity.

His posting on the planned memorial service for the guy killed in the road crash is just plain cheap, morbid, voyeurism - if any of the rest of us lifted a quote off the dead guy's Facebook page from one of his mates and reposted it here then you can be sure (and quite rightly) that we'd be instantly banned from here for gross insensitivity.

sids
29-Jan-11, 09:19
Just had first read of the "Diary."

He's somewhere between town crier and village idiot.

orkneycadian
29-Jan-11, 10:01
Was just having a look in "Cat Call" to see if there was any news of the CASST Dogs having had any success in finding Chester the kitten overnight. Alas no, but on further reading, I see that although the hapless moggie went astray on the 7th of January, the "case" was only reported in said column on the 28th of January!

Given that Chester needs medication, I fear that the 3 week delay in reporting his absence may not be overly beneficial to his safe recovery. Either that, or perhaps he may have been found 2 and a half weeks ago. We can only live in hope....

I'll look forward to reading the conclusion of the case, one way or another, in August. ;)

orkneycadian
29-Jan-11, 10:07
Further to above, I see that the poor puss was reported missing on here, here (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?132384-**missing-black-kitten-7-months-old**-lost-from-kinnaird-st-wick&p=806283#post806283) on the 7th. Unfortunately, no word in that thread that Chester has yet turned up. But an awful lot more up to date than the diary!

Walter Ego
29-Jan-11, 10:11
What makes Noel Donaldson so special that he is given his own dedicated thread ? If he wants to play at news hound, can't he just post in the main forum like the rest of us? At least that way there is a fairer right of reply - we're locked out from making any comment on his inanity.

His posting on the planned memorial service for the guy killed in the road crash is just plain cheap, morbid, voyeurism - if any of the rest of us lifted a quote off the dead guy's Facebook page from one of his mates and reposted it here then you can be sure (and quite rightly) that we'd be instantly banned from here for gross insensitivity.

Let's look at what Dooannalsinn (whatever) actually posted:

<LI id=post_813728 class="postbit postbitim postcontainer">28-Jan-11 11:36 #1 (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?134246-Service-for-crash-victim&p=813728#post813728)
Nwicker60 (http://forum.caithness.org/member.php?18548-Nwicker60)

http://forum.caithness.org/images/icons/icon1.png Service for crash victim

Service will celebrate the life of crash victim Connor
MOURNERS will gather next week to celebrate the life of Dunnet teenager Connor Craigie, one of two men killed in a car crash near Castletown, recently.
The service will be held at St Peter’s and St Andrews Church, in Thurso, at 1pm, on Monday.
Connor, 19, of Dwarick Place, Dunnet, was being a lift home by Graham Scott in his Subaru Impreza, after they finished work at the computer call centre in Thurso, late on Monday night. The car struck a stone parapet, half-a-mile east of Castletown on the Dunnet road. Emergency service raced to the scene but both men were found to be dead. Floral tributes have been laid at the scene of the tragedy.
Mourners attending Monday’s service are invited to wear casual, bright-coloured clothes to remember and celebrate the life of the popular teenager. Afterwards, Connor will be laid to rest at Corseback cemetery, Dunnet.
A car cruise is being organised, by friends, on Facebook, in his memory. It is scheduled to take place on February 13, from the lorry park at Thurso, at 1pm, following a route to John O’ Groats.
A message on the social networking site reads: “This event is open to everyone and is in dedication to Connor Craigie, who, we all know, loved his 1L Corsa and cruising. (This one is for you, bud x)

Nothing controversial, certainly nothing offensive and one relevant quote from a publicly available source which would give useful information to those who don't use 'social networking sites'.

If you're going to criticise someone, at least focus on something that's actually worth complaining about. Not a piece of basic, impartial local reporting.

Chordie, if it irks you that this guy has his own personal 'thread' - why not start your own thread and lock/unlock as you see fit? You could post news and opinion at will, lock out comments and re-open to post again at will. The facility is here to do that already.

The only difference is that you wouldn't get a 'sticky' - but if you post often enough, you'll always be on the front page.

So, care to do that?

Tubthumper
29-Jan-11, 11:37
I don't see what all the fuss is about. His musings make gentle reading, while his court reports will allow the community to hear about local ne'er do-wells dealings with the beak. The Groat isn't able to cover them all, so Noel will be providing a valuable (and possibly entertaining!) service.

sweetpea
29-Jan-11, 12:00
Does anyone know what paper this guy works for? I was told he was retired? If that's the case can any old joe public sit in the courts and take notes? I can't see the attraction to his rubberneck diary.

Tubthumper
29-Jan-11, 12:04
Any old Joe Public can indeed sit in the court and take notes. Justice seen to be done and so on.

ducati
29-Jan-11, 12:25
I like the court reports. I walked past the other day and it was the busiest establishment in Wick. I bet some of the shops would like a queue like that to get in.

gollach
29-Jan-11, 12:54
Any old Joe Public can indeed sit in the court and take notes. Justice seen to be done and so on.

Although it would not do your blood pressure any good. Imagine seeing all those people in court for breaking terms of their probation and having to sit there as each of them is told to be a good boy and not do it again or it could be serious next time...