PDA

View Full Version : Greedy Woman !!!!

Corrie 3
24-Jan-11, 15:36
Makes my blood boil, I hope she rots in Hell!!!!

C3.....[evil]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12264415

brandy
24-Jan-11, 15:42
surely there's more to this story than is being said?
well enough she should not really have been eating the food..
but was she eating it to starve the sick elderly lady on purpose
or was the lady not eating at all.. refusing to eat.. as oft happens with elderly infirm.
while not ethical and def. not professional.. i would like to know.. was this maliciousness.. or just eating food that was going to be thrown away?
did she tell anyone that her patient wasnt eating well?
obvious from what the daughter said she didnt know.. but did anyone else?
would personally like to know all the facts before i start condemning someone.

squidge
24-Jan-11, 15:44
What a dreadful story. Where is the 'care' this woman was supposed to be giving and what sort of supervision was she getting.

Commore
24-Jan-11, 16:06
What a dreadful story. Where is the 'care' this woman was supposed to be giving and what sort of supervision was she getting.

The same question could be asked in an awful lot of care homes, nationwide.
Sometimes the "carers" just cannot be bothered to care for our elderly, others think our elderly are living too long, / are a waste of space and government resources would be better spent elsewhere,
others are just plain and simple theives, taking food etc from the mouths of those they are supposed to be caring for,

Some carers should not be in the job at all,

Doreen
24-Jan-11, 16:41
Im totally disgusted after watching that it looked to me that she was thinking about her own stomache she did not even offer the poor lady a spooful .

Venture
24-Jan-11, 17:05
I couldn't believe that she actually took it into the room and ate it in front of the woman.

Garnet
24-Jan-11, 17:12
what possible reason could this so called 'carer' have for eating a patients food..none....absolutely none...a) if, as asked, did the woman not want to eat, she the 'carer' had a duty of care and should have brought this to management so they could assess the situation..ie, get doctor in, b) as for food going to waste, all I can say is if it was the NHS, even to eat LEFT OVER food is INSTANT DISMISSAL, no excuses, much as I'd also like to know the 'facts' but there's still no excuse. what exactly was she charged with I wonder, murder by starvation, dramatic..no, she knew it would kill her, it's a fact of life....or death as the case may be, poor lady what a way to die! It is a dreadful story!

Sandra_B
24-Jan-11, 17:33
Heartbreaking! She sat there eating and never even looked at the poor wifie she was supposed to be looking after. How can people be so cruel?

Doreen
24-Jan-11, 17:43
what possible reason could this so called 'carer' have for eating a patients food..none....absolutely none...a) if, as asked, did the woman not want to eat, she the 'carer' had a duty of care and should have brought this to management so they could assess the situation..ie, get doctor in, b) as for food going to waste, all I can say is if it was the NHS, even to eat LEFT OVER food is INSTANT DISMISSAL, no excuses, much as I'd also like to know the 'facts' but there's still no excuse. what exactly was she charged with I wonder, murder by starvation, dramatic..no, she knew it would kill her, it's a fact of life....or death as the case may be, poor lady what a way to die! It is a dreadful story!Could not have said it better that is exactly right its dreadful

brandy
24-Jan-11, 18:36
thats just it.. i dont know the facts or fiction of all this.. therefore im not making any judgement. i hate to say this.. but i really would not want to have some of my fellow orgers on a jury of my peers if i ever had reason to be in court..
all im saying is that we should know all the facts before we make a judgement, not judge guilty before we know the facts. at the moment we have an article that a carer was eating food for an alzhimers patient..
we do not know if she reported it to anyone, if it was being looked into .. or any of the details.
it does say that 3 mnths i think it was later the patient died.. after the carer was dismissed.. so obviously .. she did not starve the lady to death.
a lot more was going on.. and i would like to know what it is .. before the pitchforks and torches come out.
have just watched the video.. (my video wasnt wanting to work earlier)
while it does look incriminating esp. as she seems to be eating as soon as she comes in at times..
the video is heavily edited and we are not seeing the whole picture.
another thing that i read after writing this.. it said that mummys weight dropped dramatically in the weeks before her death..
so was this before said carer was released .. after wards.. both? was she eating after a new carer was in place?
it also sounded as if there was more people in the home at the time as well... as you can here lots of background noise.. tvs.. people talking . microwaves going off ect..
so why did no one notice at any time or ask why are you eating her food?
again, if she is guilty of not feeding the lady for pure badness, then yes punish her to the full extent of the law in regards to the crime.. but i just cant make that call.. not knowing all the ins and outs.

bekisman
08-Feb-11, 17:19
Well, the care assistant has admitted abusing the old lady: "Northern Ireland's South-Eastern Health Trust has apologised after a care assistant admitted abusing a 70-year-old woman with Alzheimer's Disease. "
She has already appeared in court "Patricia Young, 54, from Mandeville Avenue in Lisburn, appeared at the city's magistrates' court in connection with the ill-treatment of Ivy McCluskey."
This month she will be sentanced: "Young, from Mandeville Avenue in Lisburn, has pleaded guilty to ill-treating mother-of-five Mrs McCluskey on separate occasions at her home in October 2009. She was dismissed from her job and is due back at Lisburn Magistrates' Court next month for sentencing."
And: "Young, who was employed by the trust through an agency, admitted two counts of abuse and is due to be sentenced next month"

bekisman
23-Feb-11, 11:59
T's not crossed and I's not dotted:
The case against a woman who pleaded guilty to ill treating a pensioner has been dropped - on the day she was due to be sentenced. A new case against Patricia Young, 54, of Mandeville Avenue in Lisburn, has begun on the same charges.
"There was a guilty plea put in - but unfortunately, because nobody requested the Director of Public Prosecution's signature on a form - the case is now null and void. "Today is the first day of the case all over again and I have absolutely no idea where this leaves the family or who is responsible for making a mistake like this."
The Court Service confirmed that the Public Prosecution Service are no longer proceeding with the case. A spokesperson for the Public Prosecution Service would only say that the defence had raised a legal issue about the validity of the proceedings.
Tuesday was supposed to be the last day. However they have been told that the whole process has to start again from the beginning. The new case against Patricia Young has been adjourned for three weeks' time.

The law's an Ass

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12264415