PDA

View Full Version : To david - from an old post re hector sutherland and margaret reid

Aussie Di
24-Jan-11, 09:03
Hi David
I am just starting out researching my family tree and have noticed that you are also a ggg grandchild of Hector Sutherland and Margaret Reid. I have noticed that you have stated that you have the full ancestry of Mary Flett. Jane Flett (cannot find anywhere her birth details) married to George Sutherland on 17 Mar 1854 and died 31 Oct 1890 are also my gg grandparents. I live in Australia and come from David Leith (g grandfather) who was born 19 Feb 1852 in Wick. Can I ask if you have any old photographs or anyone for that matter, of the Leiths, Sutherlands or Fletts from the Pultenaytown area of Wick, as I have nothing at all. Any information that you could provide me would be very much appreciated David. I look forward to your response with interest. I tried to gain information off the Fletts of Findochty site but couldn't understand it. I hope you or someone else may be able to help me. Thanks heaps.
Kind regards
Aussie Di

Tricia
24-Jan-11, 15:25
Not my line but I have in notes that Jane Flett b c 1826 in Banff, Banffshire.
Parents: Alexander Flett and Margaret Cowie m 12 Feb 1824 Rathven Banff (his Parents William Flett & Jean Mair)

Aussie Di
25-Jan-11, 17:07
Thank you so much Tricia. I had the information about Alexander Flett and Margaret Cowie. On her death cert it says her name is Annie. On Jane's birth cert it states Alex Flett of Findochty. Do you have any other details re Alexander Flett and Margaret Cowie re births/deaths as well as William Flett and Jean Mair? I would be very grateful if you could help me. Many thanks Tricia. Kind regards, Di

Aussie Di
25-Jan-11, 17:08
Also Tricia, do you know who David is? I am hoping to find some photographs somewhere along the line from someone in Scotland. Di