PDA

View Full Version : How old is the 'inside' you?

Ricco
23-Jan-11, 14:55
Picking up on a recent thread...

I thought it might be interesting to run a kind of survey to see the general trend for the 'inside' age. I know that I personally feel somewhere around 25-30. It is kinda weird how the internal image clock stops at a particular age and does not continue to modify that self-image. Does everyone's clock stop around the same age? Do some stop earlier or later? Why don't some image clocks stop at, say, 10 or 15?

Here is a whole area of psychology / anthropology / socio-history that could be investigated. Maybe it already has. If you know of any research / articles on this fascinating topic please do let me know. :)

brandy
23-Jan-11, 15:03
i seemed to have stopped between 20-25.. sometimes i catch myself in the mirror and go .. woah how did that happen!
every now and again i get overwhelmed that everyone is ageing.. that kids are growing.. that we are all changing every day.. i still think im in my early 20s half the time.. and not thinking that ive added 10 years to that!

Chrisf1961
23-Jan-11, 15:11
Me at least 134!

Ricco
23-Jan-11, 15:12
i seemed to have stopped between 20-25.. sometimes i catch myself in the mirror and go .. woah how did that happen!
every now and again i get overwhelmed that everyone is ageing.. that kids are growing.. that we are all changing every day.. i still think im in my early 20s half the time.. and not thinking that ive added 10 years to that!

I keep thinking... "who the hells' that?" Then I realise its me - sad.........

Chrisf1961
23-Jan-11, 15:15
Thats inside me the 134 lol but the outside looks and feels like Jack n Victor!...so all in all im on me way to the knackers yard!

David Banks
23-Jan-11, 15:26
Occasionally I go back to 14 when there were a number of changes in my life, and sometimes I only go back to 60 when ditto.

Ricco
23-Jan-11, 15:30
Thought I would start my own research. I know it is another poll (go on, you know they are fun) but it could be instructive.

Chrisf1961
23-Jan-11, 15:31
Hey Ricco wheres the 134 plus vote ? lol

Ricco
23-Jan-11, 15:36
Hey Ricco wheres the 134 plus vote ? lol

Get awa' with you. You are just feeling depressed, hung over, tired, under the weather, got the flu - delete as appropriate. lol

Chrisf1961
23-Jan-11, 15:39
lol no just old!

golach
23-Jan-11, 17:32
Stupid poll Ricco, according to you life ends at 40, aye right, my life just peaked at 40, and has been rising ever since :lol:

annemarie482
23-Jan-11, 18:23
i'm 26 but feel like im going on 40 :(

have the fiance,new house, car and kids

very happy, but a bit sensible for my liking............ ;) lol

oldmarine
23-Jan-11, 19:01
i'm 26 but feel like im going on 40 :(

have the fiance,new house, car and kids

very happy, but a bit sensible for my liking............ ;) lol

The outside of me is going on 86 years. I used to feel like I had a gift of being younger, but lately I have been feeling my age more and more. Now, I don't know how old I feel. Just old I guess.

John Little
23-Jan-11, 19:23
The outside of me is going on 86 years. I used to feel like I had a gift of being younger, but lately I have been feeling my age more and more. Now, I don't know how old I feel. Just old I guess.

Believe me, you have the gift of being younger. I have never come across anyone else of your age who has worked their way round a computer. Your body may indeed be 86, but your mind certainly is not.

Age, in your case sir, is just a number.

achingale
23-Jan-11, 19:27
Age is a number. That being so I am 18 again. I feel no different from when I did then, just more experience and I tend to say things that I would never have dared to all those years ago. Young at heart, that is me.

ShelleyCowie
23-Jan-11, 19:32
Im only 22, sometimes i have moments where i feel really old, then sometimes im really childish and can play kiddies games no bother :)

I would say im a sensible person though, i have my priorities right. Thats all that matters!

But if the kids want a game of hide and seek im not letting them win!! haha

Ricco
23-Jan-11, 19:48
Stupid poll Ricco, according to you life ends at 40, aye right, my life just peaked at 40, and has been rising ever since :lol:

Golach - with Ol' Pultney in yer veins you'll never look a day over 40! lol

marwill
23-Jan-11, 19:50
I am old enough to know what's wrong, but, young enough to learn something new;)

The brain say 36, unfortunately the body say be your age, 63 :(

Vistravi
23-Jan-11, 20:36
You know i don't actually know! After the year i lost my dad i would've said at least 10 years older inside. But now i properly feel more my age. I've always been responsible but even that now does not make me feel that much older than i am. I can't believe i'll be 23 this summer either lol.

Ricco
24-Jan-11, 20:46
I am old enough to know what's wrong, but, young enough to learn something new;)

The brain say 36, unfortunately the body say be your age, 63 :(

LOL - know what you mean. I used to play ice hockey when I was a kid. Took the kids from school ice skating and when I got on the rink I thought "yeh, I know how to do this"! Thud one bruised shoulder and ego. Ah, the body had forgotten....

Ricco
24-Jan-11, 20:48
You know i don't actually know! After the year i lost my dad i would've said at least 10 years older inside. But now i properly feel more my age. I've always been responsible but even that now does not make me feel that much older than i am. I can't believe i'll be 23 this summer either lol.

Awww - a baby! ;)

oldmarine
30-Jan-11, 04:56
Believe me, you have the gift of being younger. I have never come across anyone else of your age who has worked their way round a computer. Your body may indeed be 86, but your mind certainly is not.

Age, in your case sir, is just a number.

John Little: Thank you for your kind words. Sometimes I get lost working with my computer such as remembering my password to log on when required.

trix
30-Jan-11, 14:43
i feel 31.....

i wis so lookin forward til bein 30. i thot, if i still hev ma mither an faither, ma brithers are fine an ma grany is ok when am 30 then il feel truely blessed.

ma year o' bein 30 wis a total disaster, worst year til date. from 'e menid i turned 30 til 'e day i turned 31.

'e only guid things that came oot o' bein 30, is that i got ma hoose an ma car, went til austria an' america....lookin back, maybe things werna so bad efter all.

went oot til noss heid 'e ither nite by masel til check oot 'e night sky as 'e stars wis dazzlin. i hed a wee moment an then lookt up an' saw a shootin star, go right across 'e sky....maybe things will start til look up now...am due some guid luck :cool: