PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go?

crayola
23-Jan-11, 03:41
Following the recent retirement of Dr Venus I have been offered her position in Fireball XL5. It is obviously an attractive proposition to explore the universe with the iconically sexy Steve Zodiac but I would miss you guys if I decided to take the job.

Could you help me decide?

John Little
23-Jan-11, 09:29
That is a difficult decision.

If you stay earthbound then you have to cope with the vagaries and vicissitudes of the people who live on planet Org. They are a diverse bunch and their weltanschauung is variegated. This requires a great deal of tolerance to cope with, and a certain adaptability to circumstance. You will by no means be in harmony with all of them, but in order to move among them you need the beneficial forcefield of flexibility, which is powered by the thought that they may have good reason for being how they are and thinking as they do.

On the other hand, Venus is indeed retiring and the position is vacant.

But reflect - Steve is human, and he and Venus are of an age. If he does not retire to be with his long time amour, it implies a certain inconstancy, indicative of a character flaw - can you trust him?
And have his reactions slowed down as senility sets in? How prone is he to crash into the first asteroid he finds himself on collision course with?

And if they replace him - would you get on with the next pilot? Are not all men flawed?

But we would miss you too.

I'd ask the Lazoon if I were you. He knows more than the rest of us put together.

northener
23-Jan-11, 09:43
Speaking as the first InterGalactic WheelieBin Pilot, I can say that space travel is very overrated.

The accomodation is cramped, there's no heating, it stinks of fish and that brown stuff off the cooker and you can't see sodall.

I wouldn't bother, Crayola.

And anyway, you'd only get tangled up in his strings.

squidge
23-Jan-11, 12:01
The accomodation is cramped, there's no heating, it stinks of fish and that brown stuff off the cooker and you can't see sodall.

It would play havoc with your hair and nails dahhhhhhling.

crayola
23-Jan-11, 14:04
It would play havoc with your hair and nails dahhhhhhling.Oh I have ways of keeping them safe and anyway Venus managed it.

XL5 has more space and more luxury apartments than an old green wheelie ship. Come along for a ride one day N. You might enjoy it.

Blast off is planned for later in the week.

canuck
23-Jan-11, 14:12
I am thoroughly enjoying my adventure of a new life in Scotland. So, I encourage you to take the opportunity of a lifetime even if it means a few tangled hairs. Go for it crayola!!!!

Ricco
23-Jan-11, 14:34
Crayloa, dear - I would miss those lovely tangled blue tresses of yours. Besides, the XL5 is a grossly antiquated craft now, surpassed by Epsilon X and Andromeda 9. Both are sleek modern craft with light-repelling mirrored exteriors and twin Hyper-sonic pulsor engines. They also have large rear-view mirrors for arranging your hair and checking the makeup hasn't smeared with that last hyper-jump. Oh, and there is a little pocket thingey for keeping change in when you have to use a space-station parking lot.

Another thing.... we wouldn't want you getting caught up when Betelguese goes super later this year.

David Banks
23-Jan-11, 14:37
It's always a good day on planet Org when you learn a new word.

And this is the only place with wikipedia, I'm told.

crayola
24-Jan-11, 00:02
Well it's 11 for going and only 6 for staying at this point in time.

It looks like we're gonna be a team Steve babe. :D

billmoseley
24-Jan-11, 12:47
in my mind you should wait as i see red dwarf is coming back and is a far classier way to travel

Phill
24-Jan-11, 13:11
Do you get Zoonie the Lazoon or does he go with Venus?

John Little
24-Jan-11, 22:39
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0eybMq4Q9k&feature=related

Most assuredly they did not have emission controls in those days....

crayola
25-Jan-11, 00:31
That's 16 to 8 in favour of Venus.

I shall of course remain in weak transactional contact with the org as I communicate via ripples in the cosmic consciousness. A technology that Venus and Steve didn't have in their heyday.

We don't need a Lazoon. We shall take Petra and Patch and go on pointless searches for lost souls of Europa that never existed and never swam in her frozen oceans. And we shall find them where those that trod those seas before us never went!

Oh such joy will be ours. :D

Ricco
25-Jan-11, 21:52
Well it's 11 for going and only 6 for staying at this point in time.

It looks like we're gonna be a team Steve babe. :D

Crayola, babe - my vote counts for 10! Better believe it. ;)

oldmarine
26-Jan-11, 21:43
Following the recent retirement of Dr Venus I have been offered her position in Fireball XL5. It is obviously an attractive proposition to explore the universe with the iconically sexy Steve Zodiac but I would miss you guys if I decided to take the job.

Could you help me decide?

I have mixed feelings about your leaving. I enjoy reading your postings, but I would hate to keep you from accepting a good deal.

crayola
12-Feb-11, 17:15
Greetings to all from Europa via our cosmic relay station in England.

It's life Cheemag but not as we know it.

Ricco
12-Feb-11, 17:30
Greetings to all from Europa via our cosmic relay station in England.

It's life Cheemag but not as we know it.

Hey - you're right next door to me on Ioa. Drop over for an Arcturian cocktail sometime.

canuck
12-Feb-11, 20:35
Hey - you're right next door to me on Ioa. Drop over for an Arcturian cocktail sometime.

Careful crayola. That Ricco character is part Canadian and the Arcturian cocktail may contain a trace of primordial ice.

Ricco
13-Feb-11, 10:07
Careful crayola. That Ricco character is part Canadian and the Arcturian cocktail may contain a trace of primordial ice.

Darn! Sussed! However, there would be a rare Betelguese cherry - rare because Betelguese is due to go nova soon.