PDA

View Full Version : Death, ending or a new beginning?

Vistravi
22-Jan-11, 21:47
I'm not talking about religious believes but personal ones ;)

What do you think there is after death?

I believe that we choose the life we have on earth before we are even born. This means we choose who will be born to, the good things and the bad things. I believe that we live many lives (recarnation) and in each life we choose certain things to have to go through in it to learn and better our soul for the next life.

Not sure why i would have chosen this life as i had to go through the hardest thing ever when i was 17. 5 years ago now but the effect it has had on me is huge. Learnt alot about who is your family and friends in this time. Also learnt how strong i am.

Perhaps in this life i was supposed to go through that to become a stronger person and be a strong person for my son. Don't quite know yet.

But for me personally death is another beggining. I've visited the spirit plane where you go to after death and stay before you choose your next life, be it another life on the earthplane or to be someone's spirit guide. I saw someone very dear to me there and what i saw has made me see that death is another beginning not the end. You can truly see people who have passed over again.

Properly call myself a spiritualist now.

What do you think of the afterlife? Is there one?

annemarie482
22-Jan-11, 22:22
i believe that we are born, we live then we die.
when we are dead we just cease to exisit.

nothing magical, just life.
same as any other lifeform.

Corrie 3
22-Jan-11, 22:27

DITTO !!!!

C3....:roll:

ducati
22-Jan-11, 23:36
Take yourself down to Portgower one of these dark nights and hang out for a while. I think you will have your answer :eek:

EDDIE
22-Jan-11, 23:36

If thats the case then life is a pointless exercise i think there is something after death maybey not what we think or hope it will be but more of a different dimension.

golach
22-Jan-11, 23:40

I agree, we are born into this world, not by choice, we live our lives as best we can...die....end of story

Sage
23-Jan-11, 00:13
I'm actually reading a book on re-incarnation at the moment. Its fascinating in that the researcher visited a lot of countries and talked to children who were reincarnated...where the culture accepted re-incarnation the children were not discouraged and there are some amazing stories in there.

Personally I do believe in reincarnation. we live this life, learn our lessons and move on.

A good passage in this book though talks about the population explosion and why some people may discount re-incarnation. If you learn your lessons you move onto a higher state, and perhapsif you dont believe that you will be re-incarnated you wont be.

Probably get slated for this (as is the nature of the forum) but hey ho...such is life...and death ;)

The Music Monster
23-Jan-11, 00:16
I can't discern my "personal" belief from my "religious" one I'm afraid, it being one and the same :)

I absolutely do believe in an afterlife, but not as a physical place, but a spiritual plain. I refuse to believe that new life on this earth is for no better reason than to muddle through.

The Music Monster
23-Jan-11, 00:19
I'm actually reading a book on re-incarnation at the moment. Its fascinating in that the researcher visited a lot of countries and talked to children who were reincarnated...where the culture accepted re-incarnation the children were not discouraged and there are some amazing stories in there.

Personally I do believe in reincarnation. we live this life, learn our lessons and move on.

A good passage in this book though talks about the population explosion and why some people may discount re-incarnation. If you learn your lessons you move onto a higher state, and perhapsif you dont believe that you will be re-incarnated you wont be.

Probably get slated for this (as is the nature of the forum) but hey ho...such is life...and death ;)

You certainly won't get slated by me... I love looking at what other people believe about such topics as this. In my eyes, our different beliefs just make us a more interesting species!

teddybear1873
23-Jan-11, 00:34
Were all in this world cause your sperm won the race. When you die, you have to race again. You lose the race, well tattie bye, no life. :roll:

crayola
23-Jan-11, 02:41
Orgers believe in the craziest things and sometimes it's the majority of them that believe. You only have to look at the results of my polls to see that so many orgers believe in the craziest of notions that I'm becoming more and more convinced that most of them are even more insane than I am. In case you think I'm exaggerating then go check for yourself that one of my polls supports the notion that most orgers believe they are insane. :eek:

Aaldtimer
23-Jan-11, 04:45
ON DEATH
Death is nothing at all
I have only slipped away into the next room
I am I, and you are you
whatever we were to each other
that we still are.
call me by my old familiar name
speak to me in the easy way
which you always used
put no difference in your tone
wear no forced air of solemnity or sorrow
laugh as we always laughed
at the little jokes we enjoyed together
pray smile, think of me, pray for me
Let my name be ever the household word
that it always was
Let it be spoken without effort
without the trace of a shadow in it
Life means all that it ever meant
it is the same as it ever was
there is unbroken continuity
why should I be out of mind
because I am out of sight?
I am waiting for you
somewhere very near
just around the corner
All is well

Henry Scott Holland
(1847-1918)

:)

theone
23-Jan-11, 09:36
The afterlife isn't a belief for me I'm afraid.

And as for reincarnation, how many chances can you get? There's more dead people than living, so they can't all be back!

annemarie482
23-Jan-11, 12:22
If thats the case then life is a pointless exercise i think there is something after death maybey not what we think or hope it will be but more of a different dimension.

life is not a pointless exercise, it is what you make of it.
i'm very happy with mine, and hope i will have made a lasting impression on my children etc.
thats good enough for me.

Hoida
23-Jan-11, 12:28
I can't discern my "personal" belief from my "religious" one I'm afraid, it being one and the same :)

I absolutely do believe in an afterlife, but not as a physical place, but a spiritual plain. I refuse to believe that new life on this earth is for no better reason than to muddle through.

Like you Music Monster I do believe in an after life on a spiritual plain. Alas no one has ever came back to tell me what it will be like but I do believe there is something after death.:)

Kodiak
23-Jan-11, 13:31
In reality it makes no difference what anyone believes. Whether there is an afterlife or not you will not know the answer to this until the moment you die. Personally I am in no hurry to find out the truth.

crayola
23-Jan-11, 14:00
I started a thread on reincarnation a long time ago.

Questions about reincarnation (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?9093-Questions-about-reincarnation)

We had some great contributions from porshie and the gle(e)ber twins.

Which isn't one of gleb2's bands although it would be a good name for one. :D

Bazeye
23-Jan-11, 14:51
In case you think I'm exaggerating then go check for yourself that one of my polls supports the notion that most orgers believe they are insane. :eek:

Surely, you must be sane to know whether your insane or not.:confused

crayola
23-Jan-11, 14:54
Surely, you must be sane to know whether your insane or not.:confusedWhy? Just because you're insane doesn't mean you can't claim you're insane.

David Banks
23-Jan-11, 15:18

Mostly agree.
We 'survive' for a little while in the memories left with the living, and that should influence how we live now.
I like one orger's sign-off comment "every day above ground is a good day."

scorrie
23-Jan-11, 16:40
I believe that we choose the life we have on earth before we are even born. This means we choose who will be born to, the good things and the bad things.

So Joanna Yeates chose a life including strangulation just before Christmas and an infliction of the ultimate agony upon her loving parents?

People select a life that terminates with them being raped and murdered as a toddler?

Millions of people opted to be slaughtered, as Jews, in Nazi concentration camps?

Just for a change, someone decides THEY will be the murdering Paedophile on the next cycle?...............................

Sorry, I ain't buying into it as a theory. Fanciful and illogical.

My advice? Be thankful for the life you have, live it as best as you can, for there are rich experiences to encounter without the need to ponder that there MUST be more than THIS.

Gizmo
23-Jan-11, 17:44
So Joanna Yeates chose a life including strangulation just before Christmas and an infliction of the ultimate agony upon her loving parents?

People select a life that terminates with them being raped and murdered as a toddler?

Millions of people opted to be slaughtered, as Jews, in Nazi concentration camps?

Just for a change, someone decides THEY will be the murdering Paedophile on the next cycle?...............................

Sorry, I ain't buying into it as a theory. Fanciful and illogical.

My advice? Be thankful for the life you have, live it as best as you can, for there are rich experiences to encounter without the need to ponder that there MUST be more than THIS.

For once, i completely argee with everything you covered there.

Vistravi
23-Jan-11, 20:12
Scorrie i did not say it was an easy theory to believe in. It is hard to understand why people choose the life they live.

A recent regression stroy i read was from a lassie who in this life was always picking the wrong one and was being used and abused by them. She underwent regression and discovered that in a past life she was a man who used and abused women. Condicence that her soul needed to learn how the other felt? Karma is another answer to that.

It is very hard to understand why some people choose to life with a horrible end or a life full of pain from day one. None the less i still believe we choose, though at times i do wonder why someone would choose the life they have done.

I'm very content with my life. Had many downs in the last couple of years but now loads of ups. Wouldn't change a thing as i choose this life knowing what i would have to endure and i obviously choose this life for a reason.

We are born to make a difference, be in other people's lives or a national difference. The people we touch and help are what gives our souls the learning we need.

We all beleive in different things and thats what makes us interesting. If we were all the same the world would be a very boring place.

canadagirl
23-Jan-11, 22:42
While everyone's thinking about death....please think about what would happen to your kids or pets if you died tomorrow. I'm not a lawyer nor do I sell life insurance. It's great to leave your kids well provided for when they become adults but think about what happens until then. Often there is no specific direction given, leaving it to the discretion of the trustee/executor. Review your will every few years and alot a certain amount of your estate be paid for your children's care. And please think about your pets. It's a good idea to take out a small life insurance policy for the benefit of dogs or horses (or immediate needs for your kids). Life insurance will pay out in weeks but probate takes months. Save everybody some grief at a tough time and don't assume that cousin amanda the accountant is going to put your dogs seizure treatment before a trip to marbella!

oldmarine
23-Jan-11, 22:58

AnneMarie: You are correct in your belief that we are born, we live then die. With your statement "when we are dead we just cease to exist" I have to make a statement. After my first wife died, my daughter got into trouble that I knew nothing about. During my sleep I heard a voice in my ear that I am certain came from my departed wife. She told me something which after investigation I found to be true. I was always toubled by that because I believed she ceased to exist.

The Music Monster
23-Jan-11, 23:25
Surely, you must be sane to know whether your insane or not.:confused

Isn't that exactly what Joseph Heller said in his book "Catch 22"?!

Vistravi
24-Jan-11, 00:32
AnneMarie: You are correct in your belief that we are born, we live then die. With your statement "when we are dead we just cease to exist" I have to make a statement. After my first wife died, my daughter got into trouble that I knew nothing about. During my sleep I heard a voice in my ear that I am certain came from my departed wife. She told me something which after investigation I found to be true. I was always toubled by that because I believed she ceased to exist.

Thats really nice that your wife helped you help your daughter. The people we love never leave us. They are there just most of us can't see them.

I can understand if you find hearing your wife's voice in your sleep hard. I am just used to the idea as my dad could see them and my sister sees them too. I know when there is a spirit in a room and can pinpoint exactly where he or she is but thats as far as it goes or so i thought. Since my son was born my dad has been trying to get through to me so he can see my son. He couldn't and took his frustration out on my sister who could see him. I recently learnt mediation and it is through mediation that i visited my dad. Complete fluke but it truly felt too real and intense to not have been real. He was young and well, laughing and smiling. I know this was real as before it happened i couldn't picture his smile or remember what his laugh sounded like. Afterwards it was easy to picture.

Fran
24-Jan-11, 01:55
I certainly do beleive that there is life after death and we will meet our loved ones as we pass on.

scorrie
24-Jan-11, 04:24
Scorrie i did not say it was an easy theory to believe in. It is hard to understand why people choose the life they live.

I am not saying it is an EASY theory to believe in, I am saying it is an IMPOSSIBLE theory to believe in.

The planet is populated by more than 6 billion people. If ONE of those people come into the world with a plan about how they want their life to be lived, then they are reliant on 6 Billion people co-operating with their desires. That won't happen. Life is pretty random. You set out trying to control your own destiny but it is fragile and can collapse in the face of the tiniest interference from an outside influence.

Regression stories are just that, ie STORIES

I have spoken to my Mother and Father very clearly in my dreams since they passed away. That proves nothing at all, other than that they are firmly lodged in my memory, hardly surprising after having known them closely for more than 40 years.

In this life, one can be a realist or a dreamer. I don't blame people who feel the need to dream, for sometimes it can be an escape from an awful existence. My belief in reality has never been proven incorrect or even questioned over the years however. I think that is the reason that the human race has always been captivated by works of FICTION.