PDA

View Full Version : A new help thread?

cherokee
22-Jan-11, 15:40
Just wondering if the "admin" or Neil Fernie could possibly make a new category with regards to people looking for help........maybe it could be called "Please Help" ?.....

clover
22-Jan-11, 17:07
I think that would be a great thread.:)

changilass
22-Jan-11, 17:18
What type of things do you see going in a help section?

If you are wanting items then there is a wanted section, if you need help with pets, gardening, recipes, puters, music etc there is also a section for them already.

If you think it could be used for other things that don't already have a section, then set up a thread, if things don't get moved to a more appropriate section and it stays at the top for any lenght of time, then you may have a valid request.

cherokee
22-Jan-11, 17:24
What type of things do you see going in a help section?

If you are wanting items then there is a wanted section, if you need help with pets, gardening, recipes, puters, music etc there is also a section for them already.

If you think it could be used for other things that don't already have a section, then set up a thread, if things don't get moved to a more appropriate section and it stays at the top for any lenght of time, then you may have a valid request.

Sorry to have upset you (again!)..........:(

canadagirl
22-Jan-11, 17:32
I'm thinking cherokee means something along the lines of the stopping drinking and lies threads? It would be nice to think there could be such a thing with no sarcasm or nasty comments but I think it might attract that kind of people. :confused

Dadie
22-Jan-11, 17:35
Oh I was thinking of fancy dress costumes, lost pagers and washing machines on the blink:lol:
All decent enough to bung in the general section.....!

changilass
22-Jan-11, 17:55
Sorry to have upset you (again!)..........:(

I asked a valid question, suggested where posts could go in the mean time, and then suggested a way to go about getting your request granted.

Where did I say I was upset.

Do you deliberately take my posts the wrong way?

Moira
23-Jan-11, 00:31
Just wondering if the "admin" or Neil Fernie could possibly make a new category with regards to people looking for help........maybe it could be called "Please Help" ?.....

Oh Heaven forbid. Just how many separate forums do we need ? I've seen the Admin setting up separate categories to deal with separate issues. Guess what? Folk just post what they want, where they want anyway.

Btw I think Bill Fernie's son spells his name "Niall" so maybe we should have a category on spelling and punktooashun.;)