PDA

View Full Version : Hermes...again!!!!

Thumper
21-Jan-11, 15:28
After sending an email to them complaining about their driver leaving my gate open and my dog escaping THREE times they have emailed to say that they cannot discuss it with me and I have to complain to the company i ordered from not Hermes themselves,what a load of twaddle! Today the delivery driver yet again left the gate open and yet again my dog got out,despite TWO signs on the gate asking nicely for it to be closed! i wonder who will be paying the vet bills????? Thats the final straw for me and I wont be using any company that use this service ever again,totally disgusted with his lack of consideration![disgust]

sam09
21-Jan-11, 16:59
Why not put a strong spring on the gate so it closes itself? saves any future problems.

Thumper
21-Jan-11, 17:15
it has a latch and a draw bolt on it which IMO is more than enough,if my kids were still small I would expect them to close the gatefor kids so why not for a dog? It has got 2 signs on it as well asking them to close it,I cannot afford to be putting anymore on the gate,it takes 2 seconds to drop the latch into the hook afterall x

Dadie
21-Jan-11, 17:19
Oh you need to catch the driver and let him know ..next time....
I told the gas man that the kids (and dog) escaped last time he left the gate open and I wasnt happy...its been shut everytime since!

orkneycadian
21-Jan-11, 17:19
You could try the Royal Mail? Does your postie shut the gate behind him / her?

Had a package sent by mail on Wednesday from Blackpool at lunchtime. Arrived lunchtime here in rural Orkney on Thursday, less than 24 hours later.

Thumper
21-Jan-11, 17:33
You could try the Royal Mail? Does your postie shut the gate behind him / her?

Had a package sent by mail on Wednesday from Blackpool at lunchtime. Arrived lunchtime here in rural Orkney on Thursday, less than 24 hours later.

Thanks I do use them as much as I can,but 2 companies have now started using hermes,both of whom I have complained to about this,as hermes doesnt act on complaints from customers unless directed through the company you bought goods from,so if I cannot be sure that the company doesnt use them,I wont be ordering from them,its rediculous that whoever it is cannot simply shut the gate behind him! x

orkneycadian
21-Jan-11, 17:38
One company I use a lot (for industrial components you cant buy in any shop!) use a courier by default, but were happy to make a note on the account that all stuff should be sent out by Royal Mail, which they do. Previously, orders took a minimum of 2 weeks to deliver. Now they take a maximum of 3 days.

Other companies that are not so accomodating and insist on using couriers get advised "sorry, but you have lost the order", especially when they try and add on £50 "surcharge" for remote areas. Fine for a shipping container, but not for a jiffy bag....

Kevin Milkins
21-Jan-11, 19:13
I wont be ordering from them,its rediculous that whoever it is cannot simply shut the gate behind him! x

Perhaps he has found it hard to shut the gate with a dog hanging off the arse of his trousers. :lol:

macgee
21-Jan-11, 23:14
I have to say that Hermes are idiots. They left a parcel for me in the recycling bin! At the time I was away on holiday for 3 weeks (which the company I ordered from were advised about) and someone else was putting out our bins so I never did see the parcel. Why would you leave a parcel in a bin, especially when there was no permission given to leave the parcel anywhere!

pat
22-Jan-11, 11:28
Macgee
Same thing happened before moving here - 3 times, each time package put in wheeliebin when away on holiday but it was Royal Mail postie who did it,1st time just said package left, 2nd and 3rd time actually left a note saying package in wheeliebin. Like you had good neighbours who put the wheeliebins out when not at home - so no packages, took a very long time to discover the packages were from Royal Mail!
Thumper
Hope you manage to have a nice word with the Hermes drivers!!!

Thumper
22-Jan-11, 11:52
Thanks Pat,I most certainly will be having words with him! What annoys me most is that he never leaves a card saying he has been and has put the stuff wherever,so i dont know he has been so dont notice the gate has been left open until it is too late! Had hoped he MAY read the org and may start closing the gate,but that has been since before xmas and nothing has changed,even after three complaints to different companies,so they have now lost my business because of a lazy driver!x

lynne duncan
22-Jan-11, 14:01
stick a laminated note to your door saying that you would like your gate closed for the safety of your animals, in big big letters

Liz
22-Jan-11, 14:03
I would be sooooo mad if he did that to me as well Thumper!

Good grief how long would it take him just to shut the flipping gate? It's ridiculous that you can't complain direct to Hermes when it's their employee who is the problem.:roll:

Thumper
22-Jan-11, 15:36
stick a laminated note to your door saying that you would like your gate closed for the safety of your animals, in big big letters

There are already two signs on the gate,nice big shiney ones that you cannot miss x

Blarney
23-Jan-11, 11:20
Misread the thread title and thought it said 'Herpes...... again'. I was going to say that you really should be more careful in future :eek:

plumber
23-Jan-11, 16:27
He opened my door on Friday and threw in a parcel before I could get to the door, best bit is that its not my parcel. I dont know how to get in touch with him, and I have no intentions of delivering his parcels for him. So it can stay here until he or someone calls for it.

Chrisf1961
23-Jan-11, 16:30
Hi wasnt the guy in the big white van with the hat on was it?

plumber
23-Jan-11, 16:33
No it wasn't

Chrisf1961
23-Jan-11, 16:36
Right................oh please deliver the parcel some poor devil waiting ! is it closeby?

plumber
24-Jan-11, 15:41
No it isnt even in the same town.

Chrisf1961
24-Jan-11, 15:59
well thats certainly a crap courier who cant even get the town right!

John Little
24-Jan-11, 21:18
Misread the thread title and thought it said 'Herpes...... again'. I was going to say that you really should be more careful in future :eek:

Well Blarney - that's understandable - there is not much difference - in fact N,O. difference...

Dadie
24-Jan-11, 22:42
No there is a difference one carrier has something you want and wont give it to you the other has something you dont want............