PDA

View Full Version : National statistics family resources survey by DWP

openminder
20-Jan-11, 16:55
Hi just wandered has anyone else had a survey done at their home for the family resources survey, done by the DWP (department for work and pensions) office for national statistics,,

Tugmistress
20-Jan-11, 21:06
nope, nothing here, but then again i'm never really home nowadays and the home hub has screwed up all incoming calls and we're waiting a new one arriving :)

Garnet
20-Jan-11, 21:47
Not me either...are you sure it was the DWP! don'tmean to upset you or anything I'm just curious. How did they contact you, turn up at the door or by phone and arrang a visit?

Bazeye
20-Jan-11, 23:14
Hi just wandered has anyone else had a survey done at their home for the family resources survey, done by the DWP (department for work and pensions) office for national statistics,,

I'd get alarms fitted and make sure your house contents insurance is up to date if I were you.

Alice in Blunderland
21-Jan-11, 12:20
I have a very nice person came to the house and I had a follow up telephone call asking me about the visit. It was genuine enough for me.

DeHaviLand
21-Jan-11, 13:59
Dont worry, its genuine http://www.ons.gov.uk/about/surveys/a-z-of-surveys/family-resources-survey/family-resources-survey-faqs/index.html

Alice in Blunderland
21-Jan-11, 14:50
If I can remember correctly I received a letter first informing me I had been selected and to consider whether I would be willing to take part. A telephone call next to ask would I take part and to arrange a suitable time. A lovely gentleman came with his laptop and identity card to our house as arranged. He asked questions and gave you a flip chart to look at for answers. He would have been in and out very quickly apart from the fact I discovered I had come from an area near him and asked him for an update on some things. I didnt have to take part however this information is used to help in lots of different areas so thought I was doing my bit to help. I am sure I received a follow up call which I was told may happen to check on everything, to ask me about the visit and to see that I was happy with everything. All very above board.

The phone number from the website if anyone has queries

0800 298 5313.

orkneycadian
21-Jan-11, 17:35
Hmmm, I hope the folk that erected "No Jehovah's Witnesses" signs on their doors left room to add "....or government surveyors."!