PDA

View Full Version : Canuck

Gleber2
22-Aug-06, 03:43
A birthday and a 1K ORGER all in one day. Double congrats.

canuck
22-Aug-06, 03:48
Thanks G2.

You all have given me so much to talk (well write) about.

I was thinking that possibly at the 1K level we might be given the opportunity to change our user name. I think that I would like to go with something more exciting like Galadriel.

Kingetter
22-Aug-06, 08:46
Thanks G2.

You all have given me so much to talk (well write) about.

I was thinking that possibly at the 1K level we might be given the opportunity to change our user name. I think that I would like to go with something more exciting like Galadriel.

Sheesh, dinna be doing that - canucks easier to type and remember!

squidge
22-Aug-06, 09:07
Happy Birthday Canuck. Hope you have fun fun fun

golach
22-Aug-06, 09:16
Happy Birthday Canuck, welcome to the club

changilass
22-Aug-06, 09:32
Happy Birthday Canuck:)

Elenna
22-Aug-06, 12:13
Congratulations on reaching your 1K, Canuk! :) Have a great time today with all your celebrations!

Chobbersjnr
22-Aug-06, 13:54
1K, 1k, 1k & a birthday

happy birthday:)

Gleber2
23-Aug-06, 21:14
Poor Canuck!!! To get your 1K on your birthday and then to have it snatched away.:~(

crystal
23-Aug-06, 23:46
happy b day for yesterday also congrats on ur 1k achivment:D

canuck
24-Aug-06, 00:15
Poor Canuck!!! To get your 1K on your birthday and then to have it snatched away.:~(

Green friend you could loan me some of yours or come out and discuss the mysteries of life with me.

Oh, well they shall return quickly. I learned every trick in the book when it comes to morning sickness. I can gain some back by posting there. Maybe I can try my hand at poetry writing. And I have a bazzillion pictures of Caithness.

Now I must go figure out what caused them to disappear in the first place. I don't want to repeat those mistakes. I know that I haven't gone near a single flame thrower thread in weeks. (end of first post)

(beginning of edit addition)
To keep anyone from misinterpreting my intentions as I work back to 1k, the topic of this thread, I am adding this as an edit.
I do agree with Colin. There needs to be a serious measure of a users responsibility levels when it comes to certain privileges. At least we know that I wasn't using the music thread to pad my numbers. It was just fun. Almost got it to collapse with the Cockroach That Ate Szinszinatti. Ah, Big Jean saved me!

Gleber2
24-Aug-06, 00:30
Green friend you could loan me some of yours or come out and discuss the mysteries of life with me.

Oh, well they shall return quickly. I learned every trick in the book when it comes to morning sickness. I can gain some back by posting there. Maybe I can try my hand at poetry writing. And I have a bazzillion pictures of Caithness.

Now I must go figure out what caused them to disappear in the first place. I don't want to repeat those mistakes. I know that I haven't gone near a single flame thrower thread in weeks.

The ubiquitous Song thread. That's what done it.

canuck
24-Aug-06, 00:33
The ubiquitous Song thread. That's what done it.

I added to my original post while you were writing this. Yes, I guess the song thread did it. But I could quickly get them back if someone would give me a hand. My original goal of 1K was before my birthday. I could change that to before my birthday party.

Gleber2
24-Aug-06, 00:40
I added to my original post while you were writing this. Yes, I guess the song thread did it. But I could quickly get them back if someone would give me a hand. My original goal of 1K was before my birthday. I could change that to before my birthday party.

Not got far to go.

canuck
24-Aug-06, 00:45
Not got far to go.

Tell me more about the XX and XY theory.

Don't you think that a double dose of XX counts for something and makes a different entity than just a single dose of X?

Gleber2
24-Aug-06, 01:02
Tell me more about the XX and XY theory.

Don't you think that a double dose of XX counts for something and makes a different entity than just a single dose of X?

You expect me to get all philosophical at this time of night?

canuck
24-Aug-06, 01:04
Sorry, I forgot the time change. No, you can leave it for another time.

Kingetter
24-Aug-06, 01:09
exactly 'cos its zz time.

canuck
24-Aug-06, 01:12
exactly 'cos its zz time.

Kingetter, did you steal my posts? You are way ahead of where you were this morning.

Kingetter
24-Aug-06, 01:14
Kingetter, did you steal my posts? You are way ahead of where you were this morning.

I'm no good on Song Titles!

canuck
24-Aug-06, 01:16
What are the little arrow thingies at the end of the user names in the quotes of a post?

canuck
24-Aug-06, 01:21
What are the little arrow thingies at the end of the user names in the quotes of a post?

I should have quoted something to make the point. It didn't help that my post started a new page.

(added edit)

Okay, answered my own question. It takes you back to the original post. Very good.

Big Jean
24-Aug-06, 01:25
Don't you find it is always better when you answer your own questions because you do get the answers you like !! When is your party by the way canuck?

canuck
24-Aug-06, 01:50
Don't you find it is always better when you answer your own questions because you do get the answers you like !! When is your party by the way canuck?

The party is tomorrow evening in Caithness. I am there only cybernettically (is that a word?). So, it will be mid-afternoon here in Ontario.

Big Jean
24-Aug-06, 01:53
I hope the food is good, and I expect it will be . Are they having a dance as well and pressies ? You will be with them all in spirit and do have photos taken so we can all see the celebrations later !

You won't have to wear your famous Caithness shirt, you never know who the spirit photo might look like ! Scarey !

Big Jean
24-Aug-06, 02:15
Congratulations canuck ! I have sent you a pm

Kingetter
24-Aug-06, 02:16
Same sentiment - no PM (nae stamps).

canuck
24-Aug-06, 02:23
I hope the food is good, and I expect it will be . Are they having a dance as well and pressies ? You will be with them all in spirit and do have photos taken so we can all see the celebrations later !

You won't have to wear your famous Caithness shirt, you never know who the spirit photo might look like ! Scarey !

Big Jean, the first pressie I tried to send was banned by Canadian post.
Another is on its way. I hope that it arrives.

I understand that the cake is under control, but that the number of wax things may have to be reduced because of the fire hazzard.

Gosh, I hope that there is dancing. What is a party without dancing? There will be at this end anyway.

Of course I shall wear my Caithness shirt.

Big Jean
24-Aug-06, 02:33
Parcel + Canada Post = problems ?
I wonder why that doesn't surprise me ? Oh they are not that bad I guess -- really !! I am still trying to convince myself !
Wax things on a cake -- I am not going to touch that one -- I wonder why !
Dancing - terrific !
Caithness shirt - even better !
Enjoy !

Cedric Farthsbottom III
24-Aug-06, 16:45
Sorry have been away on a course for work,belated birthday wishes to Gleber2 and canuck.Lang may yer lum reek....unless ye have an electric fire.Then lang may yer bars glow and yer bills remain the same.:lol:

Carlo Gambino
24-Aug-06, 16:47
Yes, happy birthday`s to Canuck over the pond & Gleber2 . Have a great night tonight

canuck
25-Aug-06, 03:19
Yes, happy birthday`s to Canuck over the pond & Gleber2 . Have a great night tonight

Thanks Carlo. We did, along with 120 of our good friends.