PDA

View Full Version : Good Food

champagnebaby
19-Jan-11, 00:26
Looking for recommendations on somewhere nice to go for my birthday meal? Was at the Mackays a few weeks ago and the food was gorgeous but fancy trying somewhere different - not the french restaurant as i've been there a few times, thinking maybe upper deck, portlands or somewhere???

cecile
19-Jan-11, 00:44
ive been to portland arms a couple of months ago and the food was great, the red pepper in thurso is nice too and you can book a dining room for a private party if you want
happy birthday

cherokee
19-Jan-11, 10:02
The Captain's Galley at Scrabster.

A tad expensive but more than worth it !! The food is absolutely gorgeous !!

Bobbin
19-Jan-11, 10:32
Schoolhouse in John O'Groats

Stingray
20-Jan-11, 10:04
Thumbs up for the Captains Galley from us too

newpark
20-Jan-11, 11:03
Recently we have been to Upper Deck, Pentland and Northern Sands. I would recommend any of them as we had a superb meal at all 3 couldn't fault them. I have to say Pentland was really really yummy though and nice big portions.

champagnebaby
20-Jan-11, 11:32
Ohhh Pentland and Captains Gallery sound tempting! Think we were thinking of the Ulbster Arms now, i read a really good review in a little local book thing that came through my door, a few good mentions on here and the dining room looks lovely on their website! :) Thanks for the replies!

poppett
20-Jan-11, 19:16
Ulbster Arms in Halkirk is superb for a special occasion, or any time for that matter.

My favourite, althouth OH enjoys meals at Halladale Inn at Melvich.

Wherever you go to celebrate..............enjoy and report back.

shamrock2007
20-Jan-11, 21:16
The Pentland is lovely. Nice to go somewhere different

gollach
21-Jan-11, 23:53
The Old Schoolhouse in John O'Groats is really nice.

kitty
22-Jan-11, 11:48
I would definately recommend the Ulbster Arms in Halkirk

floyed
22-Jan-11, 16:29
The Old Schoolhouse in John O'Groats, also lovely food in The Upper Deck:-)

hungryhill aliens
28-Jan-11, 19:51
The Captains Galley is a lovely place to go for a special treat .The food is beautiful......

champagnebaby
17-Feb-11, 03:26
Had the most wonderful meal at the Ulbster Arms, without a doubt the best meal i've had in ages.... Here's more about what i thought of it

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?136014-Ulbster-Arms-Halkirk-WOW&p=820389#post820389

:)