PDA

View Full Version : open meeting for wick banger derby

giggs
07-Sep-04, 14:26
A meeting has been arranged to discuss the organisation of a banger derby being held in Wick next year.(and hopefully every year)

It is being held on Thursday 16th September at 1930hrs in the Mowatt room of Wick assembly rooms.

It is open to all,and has been arranged,and will be attended by, a member of Wick town improvements commitee.

Apocalypse
07-Sep-04, 14:28
Is it just banger racin as the autocross are also lookin for fields and they pay oot £100 for a field i think [lol]

giggs
07-Sep-04, 14:51
i think the meeting is to sort out the actual organising of such an event.

i would imagine that the farmers are the one's to ask about fields for autocrossing?

daviddd
09-Sep-04, 22:04
last time there was a banger race near me, lots of scrap cars appeared soon after, blighting the landscape. How do you control irresponsible people like this I wonder? I doubt many will be properly disposed of! Sorry to be a grouch but this annoys me!

Donnie
10-Sep-04, 08:14
How do you control irresponsible people like this I wonder?

Maybe they should organise some kind of meeting to discuss any issues with the planned event....If only the meeting was open to all. :confused

giggs
10-Sep-04, 08:25
it is open to all.
i will be sure to include your question at the meeting daviddd.but i would imagine it will be run along the same idea as the Thurso banger derby.
all cars to be scrapped are paid for by the drivers and collected at the end and taken for crushing.

daviddd
10-Sep-04, 21:01
it is open to all.
i will be sure to include your question at the meeting daviddd.but i would imagine it will be run along the same idea as the Thurso banger derby.
all cars to be scrapped are paid for by the drivers and collected at the end and taken for crushing. Good, giggs - but some participants won't want to pay to get rid of the cars, they can take them away and leave them somewhere. How can the organisers insist that a car should be scrapped - it could be completely mangled but taken away " to be reused!!" Not easy eh? How about this - recording the names, addresses, phone nos. - and car details /description of all participants - then any dumped cars could be traced back to their owners by the relevant authorities? (Well done for organising events by the way! :D )

giggs
11-Sep-04, 18:35
yes, i can see where you're coming from.each competitor gets issued a number for their car when they send in the entry form.so as long as everybody paints their number on their car,it can be traced.
i did noticed that some cars at Thurso this year just had a board with their number strapped to the roof,which could be removed after the race,but if it is included in the rules that numbers had to be painted on the car,illegal dumping should be avoided.

Hopefully with two banger races a year,one in Thurso and one in Wick, drivers are more likely to keep their cars and run both races with it.

AR
20-Sep-04, 21:00
Anyone know what is happened at the meating as i missed it? cheers

giggs
21-Sep-04, 08:20
looking for a suitable site now and next meeting being held on Thursday 30th Sept.same place 1930hrs.

Apocalypse
21-Sep-04, 17:36
they are looking for parks and will set jobs to do at next meeting and they were talking bout insurance and stuff [lol]