PDA

View Full Version : New uPVC Front Door

lisapops
18-Jan-11, 15:07
Plan to replace our front door and would prefer to buy locally but wondering who folks recommend? Any info would be greatly appreciated :)

ducati
18-Jan-11, 16:18
You could try Norscot in Bower or Sinclair Windows in Wick

lisapops
18-Jan-11, 17:34
thanks ducati, i intend to but just looking for recommendations from anyone whose had work done recently instead of taking a salespersons word for it.

wkgeorge
18-Jan-11, 18:51
Try Trapper Building Services the number is always in the Groat under local services

Thumper
18-Jan-11, 20:58
Steer clear of cairngorm,my door actually freezes on the inside there is so many leaks in it!x

cherokee
19-Jan-11, 10:07
Steer clear of cairngorm,my door actually freezes on the inside there is so many leaks in it!x

Yep, I agree with you there Thumper.......stay well clear of Cairngorm Windows.....all our new windows leaked after they installed them ! :mad:

Sinclair Windows are a very good company though, they did a brilliant job of our kitchen and bathroom windows. :)

cat
19-Jan-11, 14:25
got windows and doors from norscot,admit it was years ago but doubt they would have improved.
windows arent too bad but quite poor quality. front and back door leak and patio door is very draughty.can actually see daylight round my front door. after sales was awful,not very helpfull at all.

juniper
19-Jan-11, 16:32
got windows and doors from norscot,admit it was years ago but doubt they would have improved.
windows arent too bad but quite poor quality. front and back door leak and patio door is very draughty.can actually see daylight round my front door. after sales was awful,not very helpfull at all.

I quite agree with cat whats said i have giving up with them after 11 years never appeared when they said .