PDA

View Full Version : do you look like your parents?

brandy
17-Jan-11, 22:10
have been looking at the pics that dragonfly has taken ... and it reminded me so much of my mother!
i look so much like her at times its scary.. *grins*
its like the older i get the more i look like her!
anyway.. heres a pic of her and me.. theres about 10 years in age dif. with the pics.. im prob. about 10 years older in this pic than she was in hers.. but i dont have many pics of her.. she always hid from the camera!
do you see the resemblance?
and who do you favour?
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/25821_413362214256_521609256_4965105_3726469_n.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e346/brandy28655/11.jpg

debimac
17-Jan-11, 22:21
I'd be mortified to be honest if i looked like my mother!!
A blend of Olive off on the buses and Deirdre Barlow!!!
So to be honest i'd go for being more like my dad, i've got the goatie and a bit of a tache, so yeah my dad!!!!! ha ha

annemarie482
17-Jan-11, 22:32
heck!

i dont wanna look like my parents!!
either of them!

in fact the more different i look, the more i can proclaim i musta been swapped at birth! lol

brandy
17-Jan-11, 22:37
yet at the same time.. looking at your babies is like looking at you *Laughs*

debimac
17-Jan-11, 22:41
heck!

i dont wanna look like my parents!!
either of them!

in fact the more different i look, the more i can proclaim i musta been swapped at birth! lol

Here here! what a laugh!!! ha ha :lol:

The Music Monster
17-Jan-11, 23:02
People always tell me I look like a perfect mix between my mum and my dad. My sister always told me that I was found in a cabbage patch, stomping around in my wellies, but I look too much like my parents for that to be true!!!

Beat Bug
17-Jan-11, 23:16
It's not just our parents we tend to look like. In our family, many of my cousins look like they're offsprings of a different aunt or uncle. And a distant cousin, (his grandfather was my grandmother's brother) who recently found us, looks just like many of us! It's scary!

ShelleyCowie
17-Jan-11, 23:20
I dont see myself looking like my parents. So i dunno lol. I am tall like my mum tho :)

Athrun looks like his dad, blessed with my nose. Poor Jay-D looks like me! [lol]

David Banks
18-Jan-11, 00:03
I did not see my resemblance to my dad until I hit 50 ish.
Then, I got "the surprise" in the mirror.

Dadie
18-Jan-11, 00:53
Brandy its the expression on both of your faces....that give the resemblance..just like me mo and k dont really look alike until you get that glance in the way we look at one particular time!...then we will hold it against you forever (only joking..maybe not)

brandy
18-Jan-11, 01:00
i wont even mention the resemblance all three of you have with your parental unit and each other!.. i like living.. remember when sam called you by your sisters name in tescos? *giggles*

oldmarine
18-Jan-11, 04:00
Looking at photos I see a close resemblance of me to my father. My mother was a beautiful lady but I don't favor her in looks. These days I look like an old man, the 85 year old man that I am. That's why I use the young photo taken of me before I went into combat for WW2.

debimac
18-Jan-11, 10:13
Looking at photos I see a close resemblance of me to my father. My mother was a beautiful lady but I don't favor her in looks. These days I look like an old man, the 85 year old man that I am. That's why I use the young photo taken of me before I went into combat for WW2.

Well i think you look fantastic!! I bet your family are really proud of you!!
My grandmother is 95 and she still looks beautiful the best skin ever, i get very jealous!!
When she was younger she was a stunner too it's not fair. :)

Corrie 3
18-Jan-11, 10:15
I was warned as a 20 year old and courting to always look closely at the Girls Mother before asking her to marry me....."Because thats what she will look like in years to come"....

That warning put me off quite a few Girls I can tell you!!!!

C3......:roll:;)

debimac
18-Jan-11, 10:20
I was warned as a 20 year old and courting to always look closely at the Girls Mother before asking her to marry me....."Because thats what she will look like in years to come"....

Oh my god, if my husband or any other boy years ago did that i'd be a spinster!! Ha Ha :lol:

achingale
18-Jan-11, 12:18
I look like more like my mum. I even have the premature greying to prove it! But I also have a few similarities to my dad. At the end of the day you look like you so be happy with the way you look because your mum and dad think you are the most beautiful person in the world.

Whitewater
18-Jan-11, 12:34
Family resemblance in some cases is very strong, on my fathers side I have many cousins (including myself) who share a lot of common features, when a bunch of us are together it is very obvious that we are all related, on my mothers side the connections are not so obvious. It must be a stronger gene pool in my paternal ancestors line.

rob1
18-Jan-11, 12:50
I look like a chubby verson of my dad. Thats not a bad thing although the chubbyness could go. Oh dear god....then I would be a clone! CRUMBS. I also find that there are parts of my personality that comes through that are very similar to my dad's again not bad, but does make me think.

teddybear1873
18-Jan-11, 13:10
This has been bothering me for years but I look lek my mam but nothing lek my dad, and for some reason I resemble the milkman and coalman :-)

Chrisf1961
18-Jan-11, 13:30
Well it frightensd me now as ive looked at a photo of my dad in the 1980s and im a carbon copy!

Garnet
18-Jan-11, 13:35
It's true, we do look like our parents in some way or other, I used to favour my dad when younger, hair colour etc, now as I'm old (er) I'm getting to favour my mum who sadly favoured her dad (bgr, bgr), however I know of a few 'adopted' people who favour their adoptive parents....still when I win the lottery 1st item's a face lift. lol PS you are a fine looking man alright 'oldmarine' bet you were a heart breaker!!

lindsaymcc
18-Jan-11, 13:48
Im very like my dads sister. My daughter is the spitting image of my mum. I also bear a strong resemblance to my dads cousins daughter..... work that one out!

Chrisf1961
18-Jan-11, 14:32
Carbon copy!
8274 8275
http://forum.caithness.org/images/misc/pencil.png

joxville
18-Jan-11, 16:53
Do I look like my parents?

Well neither were tall, bald or had crap eyesight, so who the hell am I spawned from? :(

[lol]

annemarie482
18-Jan-11, 17:01

Well neither were tall, bald or had crap eyesight, so who the hell am I spawned from? :(

[lol]

a quick look in my "finder" machine has brought up a possible suspect from your accurate description......

Granny
18-Jan-11, 21:21
Im like my Dad siblings more like Mums side of family...

Tam 2000
19-Jan-11, 08:58
Even calves can look their parents,our young bulls are so like their Dad,the resemblance is amazing!

Vistravi
20-Jan-11, 00:51
yet at the same time.. looking at your babies is like looking at you *Laughs*

Oh defintly lol. I see alot of my partner in our son. But theres alot of me in there too. Theres also a bit of the rest of my family in there. Noticed today that he has the same eye colour as me which is my dad's eye colour. I like to think he could be like my dad in some ways. I already know that my dad is proud of him.

It is scary when your worst charastics are passed on to your kids. I fight my sleep til i can no longer stay awake at times (bad i know, glad to say not much now) and my son does the same! This made it pretty bad when he was alot younger but as he gets that bit older it's not been so bad. Usually means he can be gurny when he's tired and sometimes take him a bit of persuading to sleep.

I've seen some old pics of my mum and i look very like her. She's looking good and i'd be happy to be like her when i'm older. I'm certainly glad for the strong stomach muscles! As for height in my family you are either tall or short lol.

My partner looks like his dad but like his mum at the same time. He's a twist of both of them.

Vistravi
20-Jan-11, 00:55
Im very like my dads sister. My daughter is the spitting image of my mum. I also bear a strong resemblance to my dads cousins daughter..... work that one out!

My sister and one of my cousins looked so alike as babies you'd think they were the same one! My sister because she has brown eyes and dark hair looks more like my aunts daughter. Though the resemblance between my aunt and my cousin is very strong. To see both of them with my aunt you'd think if you didn't know them that they were both her daughters.

Kevin Milkins
20-Jan-11, 01:01
http://anarchistmedia.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/prince_harry_james_hewitt_20050413.jpg

It can be a bit scary, :eek:. If I don't turn up for work I'll be in the tower.

dafi
20-Jan-11, 01:18
I am told i am a dead ringer for my great grandad....never met him my self though!!....

shazzap
20-Jan-11, 01:37

That reminded me of my dad, saying the same thing to my brother. My brother was at his engagement party at the time. LOL

oldmarine
20-Jan-11, 16:06

[lol]

Joxville: Looking at your photo I think you are quite attractive. Just like my daughters, grand daughters and great grand daughters. You have a lot going for you.