PDA

View Full Version : school buses

linzy222
07-Sep-04, 08:22
Why doesn't an adult travel with the kids anymore?

Did it use to be like that?

A teacher or someone would travel with the kids so there was no misbehaving!!

I think they should still do that!

For the past 2 and a bitty years now i have had to travel to thurso with my kids because they will not go on the bus, then back through at 3.30 to pick them up!

They get picked on and stuff thrown at them and there is nothing the bus driver can do, so if there was an adult on the bus to keep an eye on them then there'll be no carry on

My kids are entitled to the free bus as we stay in castletown,but i have to use my car and time to take them through, its not right!!

I have spoken to the school and they agree with me, but nothing is done (like usual)

Some days if i am behind the bus i get fingers stuck up at me and stuff thrown at my car, it is ridiculous, no wonder my kids won't take the bus, don't think i would either!!

Any advise would be good!

Who to speak to about this etc!

Thanx

Linzy

Zael
07-Sep-04, 08:57
a passenger in your car with a digicam could take pics of the culprets to hand into the school, bit of a hassle i know but its probably the same kids that cause most of the trouble, so make it hard for them and it might stop.

kenimac1
07-Sep-04, 12:17
When I travelled on the school bus (many years ago) persistent troublemakers were thrown off and had to make their own way home from where ever. Wouldn't get away with that nowadays unfortunately!

linzy222
07-Sep-04, 18:08
That was the same with me and my sister, we attend wick high school but lived in Lybster and 1 day after school my sister threw a stink bomb on the bus and we got kicked off the bus in wick and had 2 find our own way home,the bus driver wasn't worried that we were what 16 or so miles away from home and he didn't care if we got home or not!

It should be more like that now!!

squidge
07-Sep-04, 22:42
Many of the schools take school bus behaviour very seriously. Pairing up children with an older child, using prefects to monitor behaviour and giving punishments for children who misbehave.

If you are having a problem linzy then probably other mums and dads are too. You could try asking around and getting a group together and approaching the school. You can also try approaching the school board members this might be right up their street.

Speaking directly to the parents of the kids involved can be useful too - but that depends on whether you think they would be interested and likely to do something about it and also whether you can do that in a calm and measured way. If its just likely to cause a row then dont bother as it will just store up problems with your children. Dont dismiss it though i had a spectacular success with someone everyone said would not give me the time of day, indeed they said she would chew me up and spit me out - she didnt. She listened calmly and accepted that what i said was not acceptable and we never had a problem since.

DRM
07-Sep-04, 23:14
The reason for not having an adult traveling on school buses is all down to cost
it was the same when it came to fitting seatbelts thet no kid ever uses -the government gave money to the local education authorities to give to the bus operators which they never did but merely said "you should allow for that in the tender price for the contract"
If you want to make a complaint the best way is to get onto the local education office in Rhind House in wick the number should be in the phone book (if it isnt let me know and i will tell you ) and ask to put in an official complaint about the transport and tell which route it is on and keep on pursuing the matter and it will be dealt with buy the highest authority -if not just tip off the police that the little kiddiewinks arent wearing the seatbelts as they should and you are concerned for their safety as by law now the bus should not move off if the litle darlings arent sitting down in the seats with the belts on
and very few if any ARE hope this helps :evil

MadPict
07-Sep-04, 23:41
Didn't buses have adults on them in the olden days? Think they were called conductors or something.... :p

http://hometown.aol.co.uk/MadPict/images/flaminblob.gifMadPict
http://hometown.aol.co.uk/MadPict/images/gruff_ext.gif