PDA

View Full Version : Did i miss something

billmoseley
16-Jan-11, 19:45
the other day while trundling along on my bus i noticed a lot of driver now using their mobile phones. Did i miss a change in the law over Christmas? i know some were before but it just seemed to be every other driver.

Bazeye
16-Jan-11, 20:28
Shouldn't you have had your eyes on the road?

Gizmo
16-Jan-11, 20:32

Lol...nice one :)

golach
16-Jan-11, 20:57
the other day while trundling along on my bus i noticed a lot of driver now using their mobile phones. Did i miss a change in the law over Christmas? i know some were before but it just seemed to be every other driver.

Just stupid drivers Bill, in the words of anither orger, Riggerboy .........Hang Them!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is as bad as driving under the influence

elaine834
16-Jan-11, 20:57
its not hard to see someone using a phone whilst driving, alot of people are doing it, notice it alot and thats with my eyes on the road

Garnet
16-Jan-11, 21:13
I have also noticed this is on the increase, one of the worst was a young woman with 2 kids in the car and doing more than 30mph within the limits,.......no thought for anyone other than the caller....frightening.

debimac
16-Jan-11, 21:16
I hate seeing people using their phones whilst driving! For a long time now if caught on a phone whist driving people are fined £60 and three points on their licence! This obviously doesn't put thousands of people off still doing it!
I think if they are caught using a phone whilst driving they should, be banned for a month at least, I think this would have a better effect on people!
If it is a punishment where people are really hit hard and lost without the use of their cars for work etc , surely it will have a better impact than just paying £60!

billmoseley
17-Jan-11, 13:05
well you see i'm being a good driver bye paying attention to what is going on around me so as to avoid would be dangers [lol]

Even Chance
17-Jan-11, 13:27
I see a LOT of this going on. Very dangerous behavior indeed. I ken of quite a few repeat offenders in Week.

Wanted
17-Jan-11, 13:37
It should be a fixed 6 points deducted from licences,then if you are caught twice its a driving ban , simple.

philupmaboug
17-Jan-11, 13:38
Was coming into Wick the other week and met the new Superintendant coming the other way and he was on his phone so the law must have changed.

Wanted
17-Jan-11, 13:57
Was coming into Wick the other week and met the new Superintendant coming the other way and he was on his phone so the law must have changed.
I can well believe it , its the same with lorry drivers, taxi drivers, they are all guilty.[evil]

Eilanboy
17-Jan-11, 15:57
Caithnesshas to the worst area for this.It has reached epedemic portions.Boy racers phone in one hand spinning sterring wheel to get round the roudabout with the other.So clever.

debimac
17-Jan-11, 22:11

You don't need to be driving to notice idiots driving whilst using their phones!!
Walking along your local roads you see it time and time again!!
Some people will only learn the hard way unfortunately when they or one of their loved ones kill someone or are killed by such an act will they take notice, and by this time it will be too late!!:~(

Fran
18-Jan-11, 00:01
It frightens me to see lorry drivers enroute to wick coming round corners with one hand on the steering wheel and the other on the phone. We should be reporting all these drivers who are breaking the law. there is no need to hold the phone with all the gadgets on sale.

George Brims
18-Jan-11, 06:21
I just checked ebay.co.uk. A search for "bluetooth handsfree headset" shows a bunch of them under ten quid, including shipping. No excuse for driving and using the phone without one.

Penelope Pitstop
18-Jan-11, 10:51
I've seen drivers texting whilst driving.

Gee, it takes me all my time to text when I've got 2 hands free and doing nothing else..must be an age thing for me!!:lol:

Whitewater
18-Jan-11, 12:23
No need for it. Most modern cars have bluetooth, and hands free kits are available at little cost. There perhaps was a time when it was acceptable but not now.

Gronnuck
18-Jan-11, 12:39
I’ve noticed this issue seems more prevalent in Caithness, perhaps because there is less traffic about compared to some other areas of the country. It will continue to be a growing problem until the law is changed and has more ‘bite’. Currently a £60 fine and 3 points on the licence is not seen as a deterrent but more an ‘occupational hazard’ for many.
Every driver and every purchaser of a mobile phone should have to sit through this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LCmStIw9E) video.
IMHO when caught using a mobile phone while driving, the car and the phone should be immediately seized and upon a successful conviction they should be confiscated and auctioned.

Even Chance
18-Jan-11, 16:53
Thats a serious video with a VERY serious message. Thanks very much for posting it Gronnuck. I hope more people watch it and get half a clue about the damage they could cause, not only to themselves. As you can tell I feel very passionately about this and there is NO excuse for using a phone whilst driving.

debimac
18-Jan-11, 18:26
I’ve noticed this issue seems more prevalent in Caithness, perhaps because there is less traffic about compared to some other areas of the country. It will continue to be a growing problem until the law is changed and has more ‘bite’. Currently a £60 fine and 3 points on the licence is not seen as a deterrent but more an ‘occupational hazard’ for many.
Every driver and every purchaser of a mobile phone should have to sit through this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0LCmStIw9E) video.
IMHO when caught using a mobile phone while driving, the car and the phone should be immediately seized and upon a successful conviction they should be confiscated and auctioned.

I can assure you where i'm from the amount of people driving and using phones would blow your mind!
I'm 2 mins from the celtic manor on the m4 and we are surrounded by bypasses, motorways and the usual built up areas!
That doesn't deter the people who think they are special and immune from the law!!

Granny
18-Jan-11, 20:42
Walking down town during the dreadful winter conditions 3 weeks ago I saw a woman in her car on her mobile phone not only wa she not aware of her surroundings she had 2 small children in the back of the car . Not only was she a danger to her self and her children she was a DANGER to the public.

Garnet
19-Jan-11, 00:20
Must have been the same one I saw Granny....really stupid and scary!!