PDA

View Full Version : Van for hire for trip to London?

exothermic
15-Jan-11, 19:48
Where could I hire a van locally for a weekend?

I know I can get quite a choice in Inverness, but then I've got to go get it, bring it back, load it up, then go south again!

Any recommendations gratefully received. Thanks

scorpion
15-Jan-11, 21:20
Richards garage have at least one van that they hire out

R7PSN
16-Jan-11, 17:31
hi try practical car n van hire in helmsdale 07788465181

eipi
30-Jan-11, 08:20
Richards is probably your best bet, but triple check all the arrangements, check for bodywork damage or scrapes and check the tyre pressures before you leave.

Hogfather
01-Feb-11, 18:51
Have had cars from Helmsdale and found them to be a good price, and very flexible (good for folk like me who keep changing their mind :Razz) - you can check the prices online through the Practical website too (haven't had a 'how much???!!!!:eek:' moment, but if I was going to have one I'd rather do it online than on the phone, hehehe)

Of course you'd still have to go down there and get it ;)

R7PSN
01-Feb-11, 21:33
thomas will take the hire car or van to your home address if needed to

exothermic
01-Feb-11, 23:22
Thanks for all the help. Practical in Helmsdale is way too popular and is fully booked for ages. I got fixed up via an online search and got a rental from A1 .....who turn out to be Thrifty Van Hire, Inverness. They even delivered and picked up the van and they were not picky about the timings. I got an extra half day because they only pick up during office hours and I'd booked it until 6pm the previous day. Very nice Ford Transit SWB 2010 model. I've not known such luxury! I kid you not. Thanks again.