PDA

View Full Version : Bread Roll Shortage?

lindsaymcc
15-Jan-11, 13:16
Is anywhere else in the county experiencing a bread roll shortage?

Tesco (Thurso) for the last 2 weeks have had hardly anything in every time I go! Morning Rolls are unheard of, and today, there was a choice of some rather hard feeling pre-packed "kingsmill" rolls and a few packs of anaemic looking Tiger Rolls.

Whats happened to the array of fresh rolls Tesco supply?

poppett
15-Jan-11, 16:11
Tesco used to have nice morning rolls in packs of four but haven`t stocked them for ages now.

I usually get rolls from Jamiesons in the precinct. They have about five or six different kinds and if you transfer them from the paper bags to polythene bags or an airtight tupperware container they keep for 2 or 3 days.

Frasers on Castlegreen Road have fresh rolls daily from Johnstons, Reids and McDonalds in Wick.

Shop local....

Kodiak
15-Jan-11, 16:43
Never had a problem and every time I have been to Tesco in Wick there has been plenty of Rolls. On saying that Tesco in Thurso always have had a very poor selection of Rolls and I would never buy any from there.

So if I want to buy Rolls in Thurso I go to Johnston's the Baker and buy their Softies. :Razz

lindsaymcc
15-Jan-11, 17:53
Looks like I will be buying local for rolls from now on - I just really like Tesco Morning Rolls!

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed shortages!

EDDIE
15-Jan-11, 18:15
Tiger rolls and bread is really good